1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June!

Discussion in 'News' started by kanluwen, May 2, 2019.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Arjuna box is nice, though I'd prefer getting SMR or universal proxy over BS (partially because I dislike the new BS model). Speculo is meh, both because outstretched sword arms make it difficult to transport and position a model, and because the old sculpt was subtle, quiet and menacing. I think I'll continue to use it without regrets.

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Speculo Killer’s going to end up with a reposed arm, because that sword-pointing nonsense don’t work in a game where you need to put models in base contact while caring about facing. :sweat:

Edit: They’re AVA 2, of course I’m going to want both the original and new one. :ghost: But it’s still going to need reposing.

xagroth, Splod and Berjiz like this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@kanluwen I am almost sure you do know Aristeia and now Defiance are made from the same team and that team is not the Infinity team, so what exactly is your problem in regards of them and Infinity?

4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

OMG why Speculo killer is all tong out just on fist date .... 0-o

Ariwch and Abrilete like this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

They know what they want and they’re being direct, that’s all. No shilly shallying.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Considering the specie's survival is always at stake -- in their minds at least, I don't think the Shasvastii are going to waste much time before "getting down to business".

When is CB releasing the ALEPH starter box?

xagroth likes this.
  7. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

I fell in love with pupetbots. I wish CB did them like this, without any weapons. I wouldn't mind using those cute little bots as mine markers or something :)

The speculo has a nice running pose so why there is such a huge tactical rock? It's even bigger than usual ones. If this trend continues, soon new releases will contain 2 troopers, a tinbot and a tactical rock on a separate base...

Golem2God, daszul and SmaggTheSmug like this.
  8. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Ahilles style of a girl - a first date with huge mouth action ... XD i wonder if there is a an alternative face to switch from "face job" to "casual" ;)

9. Seneca

Seneca Member

Love the concepts for the puppet show.
    In line with their fluff and a cool cute/scary vibe.
    Big plus: any number of markers / stand-in possible as well.

Arjuna are fine. I assume bots are Kiranbots?
    If yes, then they should have E/Marat. Looks like chain rifles to me.

Both insta buy for me

Golem2God likes this.
  10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I know ... but newer mix boxes are nice alternatives from this.

Yes for the robots I expected that this would be two similar bodies. But for the troopers I hope for two different sculpts (to be honest, i expected a blister with one trooper and two bots).

I saw that after posting too ;-) but maybe the only mirrored it in the render. Hope you are right.
    Still have to wait for better pics - the heads look strange to me.

11. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Gonna need to see the speculo from more angles before I have much of an opinion on it. That said I am glad for the split mouth. I might just hack the head off and put it on an HVT [emoji14]

And @kanluwen not trying to start shit, just wanted to make sure you knew that those exclusives were fan made, not CB made. They are not contributing to bloat (though I do share some of your worries about MRRF, ASA, and now QK getting left behind. I feel like it does leave some good ideas in the bin.)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

12. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golem2God, Usashi, ZlaKhon and 2 others like this.
  13. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Except those exclusives don't add to SKU bloat, and since they are limited production, likely they go through slightly different channels and aren't caught in the same bottlenecks. And even if they are, it is possible that the publicity gains from having exclusive models to promote parallel products might outweigh the losses of increased complexity of production times. Weird how businesses might make decisions based on more than a single factor.

My complaint is, I don't like exclusives, because I am not going to buy a product I am not interested in just to get a miniature I like, and thusly I have missed out on the best Joan sculpt of them all. But I grew up in a house of limited income, and I didn't always get everything I want, so I am not phased by minor disappointments.

14. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Is it just the angle, or does the Speculo seem like the TacRock peg is higher than the other boot?

#114 Sabin76, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

There’s a lot I can’t make out in that photo - head, feet, etc. I’m holding off all judgement until I see either a clean render or the final model.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Does the Speculo look like a vegetable to anyone else?

No, I don't mean vegetable as in comatose, I mean vegetable as in cellulose and photosynthesis vegetable. It's the hat or whatever it is...

17. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I think that's the hair. It's short and spiked up. There's only room in this universe for one veggie.

xagroth and Abydog like this.
  18. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

vegetable was my first thouthought as well, but I think he...she... lets go with it... it just has a mouth like a vampire in those newer vampire movie adaptions

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Not sure if dismissing vegetable theory or explaining to me why Tohaa and Shasvasti are at war.

Probably the latter. In the grim dark future of the 40th millennium, there can only be salad. Dressing for the dressing throne.

20. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I blame the red "short-haired Soviet Agent" haircut that the new Speculo artwork has.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation