1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[EN] "stay logged in" button

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by mittenninja, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

2. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

I know. Is annoying

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I don't even have to close the browser, I'm just logged out at random intervals after I close the last Forum tab.

costi and Splod like this.
  4. Splod

Splod Well-Known Member

Same here. I've also found I can be writing a post and then on submit discover I've been logged out!

5. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

Just popping in to say that I have a similar issue. It'll randomly log me out, without ever giving an option to just stay logged in. I'd love to have the option.

Is this tied to the newish EU laws relating to cookies and privacy, maybe? Where the site is no longer storing cookies to avoid having to add extra systems? If so then no worries, it's just an odd feature to leave out if that's not the reason.

6. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

I guess this amounts to an “up”...

7. trox

trox New Member

+1, this is annoying. Would it be crazy to offer to fix it myself? I'd be willing to take a shot if XenForo is just your standard PHP+DB app.

#187 trox, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  8. m2cat

m2cat Active Member

And I see that this problem is still not solved.
    What a shame!

9. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

I agree that this should be resolved.

10. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ye, super annoying.

11. Nuada Airgetlam

Guys. Stop asking. It's been 3 years, this is not going to get fixed. The "forum OS big update" was supposed to be "soon" in Jan 2019. It still hasn't materialized.

It's either too hard, too expensive, to annoying to fix or they don't care enough to finally do it. They may be annoyed by the bug, embarassed by our questions, but all in all, this is not happening.

They could of course shell out a tiny bit of money for a Xenforo 2.2 licence that releases in coming weeks and hire somebody to do an update instead of relying on a 10-year old Forum engine. But that's not going to happen as well, it seems.

12. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Pages currently show 2010-2017 for copyright, suggesting version is ~3 years old.

13. Nuada Airgetlam

I meant Xenforo 1. Still, a 3-year old Forum software, unkept as we can clearly see, is a problem of it's own. I can guess Koni meant going to Xenforo 2 in January last year, but did it happen? Naw.

14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Ah shut up man. At some point it'll get updated.
    The year after Tohaa get rereleased or something but will happen sooner or later (definitely later).

In the meantime hit CTRL+A CTRL+C when creating a post, especially for the longer ones. Committing that into muscle memory saves hours in my case :P

15. Nuada Airgetlam

White knighting for a company that can't even fix broken Forum features and insulting users who waited over 2.5 years for them to keep the promise, it's hilarious.

16. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

If you were capable of reading comprehension you could easily tell I'm the last person who wouldn't talk shit about game design I don't like.

As someone who worked in a 50-100 people company in IT I merely have some practical experience in juggling the IT demand in CB's size category during normal times. The guy who would be in charge of migrating a forum or even just working with externals to get it done during COVID times isn't someone to talk shit about. Working in a 1500 people company now I've been working 10-14 hours since March, some of my former colleagues colleagues in that small company were working through 3 weekends in a row.

Open a box of empathy mate. You have to click the login button a couple times a day, so what? You'll survive till it gets fixed 2022.

17. Nuada Airgetlam

Thankfully I'm not, so I didn't even attempt to read the rest.

Oh, in my general lack of comprehension "COVID" registered as an excuse used. Shit, it's already been three years of the pandemic? :o

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Exactly. It’ll happen when it happens, so roll with it.

19. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is is now randomly logging you out even while actively reading the forums?

20. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

It happened a handful of times days/weeks ago. At least this month it did not went down for 12-24h (or full weekend) around mid month.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation