1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vido Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by maru, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so you play with old players or FEAR is good game ;) and even younger players pick this flawed Diamond to c how good Ai works ... and this game counts as Horror game so it is Hellown pick (mostly Exit point is horror and Perseus mandate is a FEAR 1.5 - but hey im not picky )

2. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

It's the effort they made with the background material and universe, it's cribbing heavily off Dune and uses it well. But the amount of gigantic scale they use in the game really nails it. The huge ships, vehicles and interstellar objects really add to that vibe to separate it from other boring RTS games.

xagroth, Icchan and Stiopa like this.
  3. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

For those of you who know PoE, I'm nearly at my league goal and pretty much ready to quit the game (not for bad reasons).
    Solo'd corrupted Hydra, did Phoenix and Minotaur on white maps so they weren't too bad for my first time doing Guardians.
    Chimera kicked my teeth in so I just bought the fragment. Shaper tonight hopefully but I think I will try find a guildie to help me so it's not a waste of time.

My goal for the league was to hit 90 and kill Shaper. It's a great game but good Lord is it ridiculously time intensive. Way too much for me, I don't have 6+ hours a day to farm for currency

4. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

And the girl in F.E.A.R is also a reference in itself to japanese horror movies, particulary The Ring.

5. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

Currently playing SubNautica. It's mesmerizing, really. And i'm playing it with a mix of awe and anguish.

After that.. well, I'm waiting the new expansion of Stellaris. Come ooon!

6. sonicReducer

I really want to buy this game but I have too many games I've already bought and never played

jherazob likes this.
  7. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I'm in the same situation, i play a handful of games at most and have literally hundreds, i blame Humble Bundle, the Steam and GOG sales, and some latent hoarding impulses i surely have somewhere in the subconscious...

Abrilete likes this.
  8. ShaeKonnit

ShaeKonnit Well-Known Member

That's part of the reason I don't buy many new games- I got a large back catalogue of older games only half-finished.
    That's why I fired up Battle for Middle Earth again; back when I first got it I only played the bad guys campaign (Orcs, Goblins and Trolls or Humans and poncey Elves? Nae contest!) so now's as good a time as any to complete it.

9. sonicReducer

It's one reason why my PC only has a 240 GB SSD - that way I've only got space for a few games, helps keep me sorta focused.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Flipswitch

I started playing Stellaris again for my 4X mix.

"man this game is okay I guess"
    *6Hrs later*

Icchan, Stiopa, xagroth and 1 other person like this.
  11. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so i will post this as i consider his work an interesting insight on this series
    but i must add i played this game 2 years ago - with wide screan patrch and a bug fix - you may find online - i got steady 60 Fps on max settings and no crashes - but i must add this game h8 any other programs running in bacground - especialy over lays - Alt Tab may couse a lot of problems(like a no responding error - or hard crash of the game ) and running internet browser in baccground may cause a memory leak error (so basicly do not use recording software and no Fraps and turn off Explorer or any other browser - tested with Fire fox and opera and Explorer - all of them provide errors )
    So yes i have no problem with this game unles i knowingly caused it by Alt tabing or not turning off browser - so be warned (o and difference is no fraps steady 60 with fraps just to check Fps no recording instantly dipping to 25 fps - turning this off bam 60 - there is in game engine command to display fps )
    o and yes the horror part is good

Icchan likes this.
  12. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm on the fence about it. It's obviously a great 4X, but I have Endless Space, plan to get ES2, and there's only so much time to play games...

13. Flipswitch

Stellaeis has cool and a more visible empire management system than ES but the war and combat systems dogshit

14. sonicReducer

Put a few hours into Prey - pretty good

15. Stiopa

16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

This is one of those moments when I pity that hitting managers in a face is an actual crime ;/

Make stupid decisions, have zero responsibility for it. Modern corporationism at it's best.

jherazob and Stiopa like this.
  17. Stiopa

I remember an anonymous piece from one of Relic employees, which criticized the way the work was organized - including management and team leaders not listening to feedback and ideas from below. Basically it was a case of "I have an idea, and if employees and players doesn't like it, it's their problem.

I'm also getting a good laugh from the hardcore fans of the game. Just now I've seen a post on Steam, that blamed the game's failure on heavy criticism from players :P

#77 Stiopa, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    jherazob likes this.
  18. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Quite a few people seemed to have problems with "fuck fluff this is our game" approach (jumping terminator armor ^^). Dumbing down gameplay, "we all MOBA naow" apprach and general silliness couldn't end well ;P
    Wasn't the game dead something like 10 days after launch ? If I'm not mistaken more people were playing DoW 1 and 2 than Dow 3 just ~10 days after the relase of the latter.

Stiopa and jherazob like this.
  19. sanyv

sanyv Active Member

There is no chaos, it couldn't be a good game.

Stiopa and jherazob like this.
  20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Well, there's Orks, so it should have been :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation