1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiseKensai's Nomad Batreps

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by WiseKensai, Nov 23, 2017.

1. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Well, I guess it's time to move to the new forums. We've been playing a 3 week long tournament, 1 game per week (with a 1-week extension for the American Thanksgiving holiday), and here's my full tournament report, sans the results (games are still trickling in).

I'm trying out the Mobile Brigada Pain Train so all of these games feature some form of 5-man MB link out of Corregidor.

Game 1 - The Pain Train Leaves the Station
    Mission: Transmission Matrix
    Forces: Corregidor versus Kazaks (300)​
    Game 2 - Intruder Banana Earns his Keep
    Mission: Quadrant Control
    Forces: Corregidor versus Bakunin (300)​
    Game 3 - Corregidor Blitzkrieg
    Mission: Supremacy
    Forces: Corregidor versus Hassassin Bahram ​

If you're looking for the rest of my battle reports, you can look here, before CB blows up the old forums.

You can also just go directly to my blog:

2. WiseKensai

Warcor

Back to Nomads for a game! Bought an Iguana off of @xammy and wanted to get some table time with it. Made a silly double TAG list and helped @TheDiceAbide with some of his Druze testing.

Iguana Run Away
    Mission: Capture and Protect
    Forces: Nomads versus Druze Beyram Security​

I'm still working on figuring out my Qapu Kalqi, but Nomads will always be my first love. I'll be back to them from time to time to try out fun things. Hope you enjoy!

3. WiseKensai

Warcor

Finally getting back into game nights, getting to see folks I haven't seen in months! It's been a blast. Got a game in against Maggie, which meant I had to take my Bakunin after the spanking I had last time.

Statuesque Guard
    Forces: Jurisditional Command of Bakunin versus Haqqislam (300)​

Been thinking a lot about E/M grenade launchers thanks to the Druze... so I took one this game. for the rematch... Spoiler Alert: it worked out!

Valmiir and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  4. WiseKensai

Warcor

This game was in preparation for the monthly local tournament. I had never played Comms Center before so I needed to give it a go. @natetehaggresar was kind enough to oblige.

Optically Disrupted Wall
    Mission: Comms Center
    Forces: Nomads versus Nomads (300)
    Look no further if you want some hot Kriza on Moira action!

Valmiir likes this.
  5. WiseKensai

Warcor

Another tournament practice game. Haven't played Hunting Party since Wotan. I think E/M is better than ADHL in Hunting Party, but like everything else in this game it's a delicate balancing act.

The Day the ORC Stood Still
    Mission: Hunting Party
    Forces: Nomads versus Neoterra Capitaline Army (300)​

Thanks to @xammy for a great game, as always. One of my favorite parts about this game is the people you meet.

Valmiir and xammy like this.
  6. WiseKensai

Warcor

Here's the report for the aforementioned tournament! It was a Soldier of Fortune tournament which a grand total of 0 people took advantage of...

Mercenary February Tournament Report
    Game 1 - The Crit with No Name
    Mission: Comms Center
    Forces: Nomads versus Yu Jing (300)​
    Game 2 - Kriza's Revenge
    Mission: Hunting Party
    Forces: Nomads versus @natetehaggresar 's Nomads (300)​
    Game 3 - Clock Army of Acontecimento
    Mission: Frontline
    Forces: Nomads versus Shock Army of Acontecimento (300)​

I came in 2nd out of 6 players, right after @natetehaggresar

Valmiir and Vohlere like this.
  7. Vohlere

Vohlere Active Member

Those last 2 tables in that Tournament are really sparse, did you guys find that difficult or is it normal for your meta?

8. WiseKensai

Warcor

That's not normal for that particular meta. It was quite difficult for a lot of us. There was another game that same tournament where it was Yu Jing versus PanO on the table from my game 3. The Yu Jing player possessed a cutter in reactive turn 1 and tabled the PanO guy because there just wasn't anything to hide behind.

The meta in the Portland, Oregon area is split between four(ish) game stores due to the suburban sprawl, and the terrain in each store varies pretty wildly. We also have an unusual? concentration of folks that like building/painting terrain, either the traditional MDF stuff or scratch built from thrift store finds. For awhile I was hitting 3 out of the 4 stores regularly, so I got some exposure to various styles of boards.

To give you a sense for things, Tables 2 and 3 from my report are terrain from the tournament's host store, and 3 was definitely a sparse setup for that store. Table 1 is SimpleKnight's table, and aside from being beautiful is a little dense for the host store. Table 2 is probably the most representative (if a little on the sparse side) for that store and its associated meta.

I've got another batrep done, so I'll just tack it on to the end of this post! You can see the difference in density, as it's from a different host store. It's pretty representative for the usual boards at that store. @TheDiceAbide, @natetehaggresar, @xammy anything to add to the density discussion?

To the Bitter End
    Mission: Annihilation
    Forces: Nomads versus @TheDiceAbide 's Combined Army (300)​

Hope that answers your question.

Valmiir likes this.
  9. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I think board 2 was a little light, but not terribly so. I think the US meta generally goes overboard on terrain because it looks cool, and is actually functional in infinity.

When I set up boards in our meta I explicitly leave some long fire lanes, sniper rifle, hmgs, and MLs are expensive and to make them worth their points they need opportunities to out range cheaper weapons.

@TheDiceAbide went to the LVO and on some tables his druze hmg used his viral pistols exclusively because the hmg never had a lane to use. IMO that's messed up.

TheDiceAbide and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  10. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

Oh wow. That is extra rough for people who want to use a MBT Tag.

Huge amount of point only to end up with your main gun in the list never having a chance to shine.

11. Vohlere

Vohlere Active Member

It's mainly the lack of scatter that stood out for me, seems like getting from building to building would take at least 2 or 3 short moves. Either way keep these coming, read all of em so far.

12. WiseKensai

Warcor

That particular LGS doesn't have a ton of scatter. We tend to use the Every Little War S1 and S5 walls to serve that purpose, but it generally doesn't entirely solve the problem. Most of the LoF blocking is done with angles and overlapping walls, i.e. a firelane will have a wall sticking out on the left and another on the right. You can still get a TAG through there but you can't shoot an HMG down the whole thing. Table 3 was a mess though. We have piles of wood blocks at the other LGS that I frequent, and my home table has a bunch of Antenocites Workshop resin crates so there's plenty of scatter at the other places I play. It's a nice change of pace to try different terrain.

And here's another one!

Kriza Base of Fire
    Mission: Annihilation
    Forces: Nomads versus @xammy 's Neoterra Capitaline Army (300)​

Really on a 10 order list kick here. Been trying out some less-used stuff like the Uberfall and Reverend Healers. It's been fun!

13. WiseKensai

Warcor

Valmiir, natetehaggresar and krossaks like this.
  14. WiseKensai

Warcor

Been awhile since I've played MAF. This game was rough for both of us. First time playing Unmasking. If you're not laser focused, it can get pretty swingy.

Prowler with Nine Lives
    Mission: Unmasking
    Forces: Nomads versus Morat Aggression Force (300)​

Not my best batrep, work got in the way of this one, but hopefully it captures the game effectively.

Valmiir and natetehaggresar like this.
  15. WiseKensai

Warcor

Valmiir and natetehaggresar like this.
  16. WiseKensai

Warcor

Here are my Adepticon Tournament 2018 battle reports. I played the Team Tournament with Robert Paul of all people, playing vanilla Haqq. I only had the stuff I brought for Biotechvore the next day, so I made do with 8 orders of Brigada and Jag Haris action.

Adepticon 2018 Team Tournament
    Game 1 - Haqqidor versus Team No Collusion
    Mission: Looting and Sabotaging
    Forces: Corregidor & Haqqislam versus USARF & Kazaks​
    Game 2 - Bandit with a Shotgun
    Forces: Corregidor & Haqqislam versus Steel Phalanx & FRRM​
    Game 3 - Missiles Away!
    Mission: Decapitation
    Forces: Corregidor & Haqqislam versus Aleph & Onyx​

Adepticon 2018 Biotechvore Showdown
    Mission: Biotechvore
    Forces: Corregidor versus Bakunin
    I missed out on the 300 point tournament since I didn't sign up early enough, but was lucky enough to get into the later two. Maybe I'll try for the escalation next year. Enjoy!

Valmiir likes this.
  17. WiseKensai

Warcor

This is the first half of a Tohaa Biotechvore double feature. Got two games in against @zagdag in one night in preparation for our upcoming Biotechvore Showdown in Portland, Oregon.

Wildfire, Wildfire!
    Mission: Biotechvore
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus Tohaa (300)​

I took the same list that I took to the Adepticon showdown above, and man, was it a different experience! Quite a challenging mission. I think the list is fine I just need to keep practicing piloting it. Thanks for reading!

Valmiir likes this.
  18. fez_the_druid

fez_the_druid Member

I've been hoovering up your battle reports recently. As a returning Corregidor player (mainly) I find them really useful. It's nice to see the brigades kink with massacre haris is still viable as that was my favourite before!

Keep up the good work!

19. WiseKensai

Warcor

@fez_the_druid, I really dig the list I used in this game. Worth trying.

This One's On Me
    Mission: Acquisition
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus Yu Jing (300)​

I really really really like that list. It has all my favorite tools! And Wildcats!

Valmiir and volgo like this.
  20. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

That is a cool list! It sounds like you use the Massacre link as a later game, mid-field attacker/holder and rely on the bandits, Intruder or Morans to kill deployment zone targets?

Do you need to take the 0.5SWC wildcat for the Harris?

WiseKensai likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation