1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Spec-Ops

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, May 1, 2019.

1. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Interplanetario this year is going to be played with spec ops

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Interplanetario is kinda a joke event. Well, maybe joke isn't the right word but it's not a particularly competitive event. Last year was limited insertion Soldier of Fortune which as far as competitive events go is pretty low on the ladder.

Finalists last year was a bunch of unpainted armies which was even more of an embarrassment.

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

You could go with the cheapest profile with BSG, that will make the BS a bit more "harmless" on range. Beside this, the spec op stats are limited. WIP 15 could not be raised higher. BS is locked at 14 for YJ. Both Deva and Zuyong can reach 2 W + NWI with arm 2/3 base. At least you pay the base cost in points. And Zuyong has no ODD available.

The Zhanshi is not a fitting Spec Op for IA. I you want to link him (and you want, wouldn´t you?) you are forced to play Zhanshi Link. If you let him run around alone, you will soon lose him. Yes it is possible to run a zhanshi link and zuyong haris, but in paradiso its not a good idea to not use your goto core link in IA. Wildcard for Spec Ops could be a solution.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Indeed. I have my favourite and I think I've made enough of a case for it :)

In either case, I think we all can agree that both Haidao and Zuyong are a better fit for IA. Or even Daoying, as weird as that'd be.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

And since it is possible to get a Deva up to 2W+NWI and PH12 in 12XP, either Haidao or Zuyong are not obscene for SpecOps:
    ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1
    DEVA (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (PH:12, W:2) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)

0 SWC | 24 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Haidao or Zuyong spec ops would be sweeeet in IA, but alas.

If I were playing spec ops with IA I was thinking of something like this to help shore up some weaknesses, namely point defense.

Invincible Army

[​IMG]1
    ZHANSHI (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (Minelayer, V: No Wound Incapacitation) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

0 SWC | 12 Points

Open in Infinity Army

7. Shrooms

Shrooms Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Minelayer only lets you deploy kit you have?

8. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

I do believe you're correct. The spec ops screen does list antipersonnel mines when you select the minelayer option though, so maybe it's a bug.

Shrooms likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

Minelayer on Specops comes with AP Mines, so it's all good

Shrooms, colbrook and Maksimas like this.
  10. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yu Jing

[​IMG]1
    ZHANSHI (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (Minelayer, V: No Wound Incapacitation) Combi Rifle, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

0 SWC | 12 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Personally, I'd prefer using a Spec-Ops like this

11. Mahtamori

Honestly, in IA I would probably run the old Doctor+Engineer with increased WIP. He's going to be lonely and I might as well feed into him something that helps the list 'cause linking he ain't. Question is whether to get Minelayer and a token EXP CCW, double-WIP or a Holo1 with the remaining 3XP. Or just keep him as a Yisheng-Gongcheng mashup and equip him with a Light Rocket Launcher or Red Fury for a bit of range.

Or I write one of those on the courtesy list and give him +2 CC, Mono+EXP, MA4, Minelayer and Holo1. It's just a shame he'd still be an utter push-over to a Speculo or Fiday.

Sedral likes this.
  12. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Doctor + Engineer is tempting as I sometimes have problems to fit both in a single combat group.

Sedral likes this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, IA does kinda hurt for doc/eng support. FO and hacker are easier to include.

Sedral likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

@Shrooms Nope, it adds anti-personnel Mines to your weapons list if you take Minelayer.

15. Shrooms

Shrooms Well-Known Member

So it does. The skill plus mines for 2 EX. That is a bargain!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation