1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise Found!!!

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Nincoreween, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

Wondering the paints at the local craft store and look what I found on the shelf.
    IMG_2740.jpg

2. deathklockk

deathklockk Strange, but not a stranger.

3. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

This is great. Please snap it together and male a scale comparision shot with a line trooper

Lothlanathorian and jherazob like this.
  4. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

If you search, you see suggestions that it is 1:110 (and shops and many other reviews saying 1/100, ~30.5*25*11.2 cm). That means half size or a bit worse (scale creep...). With a new, single pilot, cabin it could look OKish, depending in any other feature like doors.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

ya its too small for a troop carrier really. I've got one and am planning on converting it into a UPS vehicle. Just need to design a new cockpit canopy as MoB says, the one that comes with it doesn't work for our scale.

Nincoreween likes this.
  6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It's "small" for a troop carrier for 28-32mm, but it is fracking huge for a 15mm scale dropship.
    It's roughly the same size as the one that was brought out by Spartan for the 15mm Halo miniatures game (in resin) but also a fair bit cheaper.

At 1:100 scale it is still over 30cm long. (30.5cm - the Pelican is not some dinky little drop capsule). It is NOT a small model.

Especially when you consider it's still around the size of a GW Valkyrie or Corvus blackstar. Fixing the canopy is the easy part. The rest is mostly scale irrelevant.

#6 chromedog, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  7. gru6y

gru6y Well-Known Member

I think it pales when compared to the Ravensburger Space Hawk (which I just bought and it is massive!), but the latter kit definitely needs more work to make it not look like a toy.

8. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Nice tip! I'm going to look for this one when i visit malls, maybe looking it in person will help decide. Also damn, i would have loved this when i was a kid...

9. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

It something like the size of the city hopper which is something that I was looking for.

10. Monkeysloth

I think it's about 50% bigger then the city hopper and would easily work for the game with a new canopy. The back is even large enough for I believe a smaller 40mm figure.

chromedog and Nincoreween like this.
  11. Mob of Blondes

City Hopper 18.7 x 8 x 5.7 cm vs ~30.5*25*11.2 cm. That's 63%, 212%, 96% more. Nice table filler once you fix the give aways. Flipped over (crashed, add some smoke walls) it probably gives cover for a lot of the volume, unlike Hopper (1/3 is tail). It's supposed to carry 12, so you can say 6 or 3 in 28mm. It makes a nice, beliable, "small chopper".

Monkeysloth likes this.
  12. Monkeysloth

realized that since I had it I should at least take a quick picture for people. It's not assembled and I have a gap between the main body as it's a huge pain to take apart once fitted. The peg there is where the wing attaches. If fully connected that peg would be about head level with the Yu Jing model in the center and to the neck of the dog warrior.

[​IMG]

And I was wrong. 40mm base isn't going to fit in the back.
    [​IMG]

unclesrouce, Red Harvest and jherazob like this.
  13. Mob of Blondes

Yeah, 4 guys with plenty of space. Maybe 6-8 a bit packed (as in you don't have a circle of plastic glued to your boots, 2/3 your height). And attachment point in the tail. It could even be two pilots.
    The oversized dogs can walk, or hang as cargo like the cows they are.
    Nice little chopper.

chromedog likes this.
  14. Monkeysloth

ya, the inside isn't that big really. 4 people kind of snug.

This is without the molded inserts that take up probably about 1/3 of the open space if not more.

[​IMG]

timberfox and jherazob like this.
  15. Archaniel

Archaniel Active Member

You could put a bit of plasticard in the back, extending the cargo bay or bulkying it up. Then less size problem :)

16. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Interestingly enough, Revell also has a 1/44 scale A-wing snaptite model. https://www.revell.com/model-kits/entertainment/85-1639.html It is about 21-22 cm long. That's pretty close to the perfect scale ( 1/48 would be better, but eh.) Seems to go for about USD $20 on Amazon. With a smidge of work, it too would look nice on the Infinity table.

jherazob likes this.
  17. Monkeysloth

someone had a wrecked starwars ship like that on a table at LVO. Think it was from the prequels so not the same model but probably close in size. Worked very well.

18. timberfox

timberfox Active Member

damn what a great find.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation