1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Spec-Ops CCing scenery

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mahtamori, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

For 3 XP, a Yu Jing Spec-ops will be able to take EXP CCW + Mono CCW + Dual Wield.
    Since both EXP and Mono are ARM saves, the effects stack and have anti-materiel.

Question: how will straight to Dead quality of Monofilament work with Scenery - Is Destroyed state equivalent of Dead or is it distinct enough that straight to Dead won't work?

xagroth and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As written, I think Monofilament would make the attack DAM12 and ignore ARM, which is already a massive benefit.

We think of Destroyed as being equivalent to Dead, but in game terms they're two distinct States that don't mention each other.

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I’m sorry is this in a campaign or something? I don’t see these options in army. :(

4. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Army hasn't been updated with the new Spec-op equipment yet.

5. Mahtamori

Soon™

We'll lose Holoprojector on our spec ops, weirdly enough, and gain a few gear not present anywhere (yet), but the new Spec Ops gear lists are much more faction-coherent and specific than before.

And yeah, Yu Jing has access to higher level of MA than JSA's has :p

Zewrath likes this.
  6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I wonder why Ariadna has no option for an Assault Pistol even ever second (exaggeration) model in the army has one.

7. Mahtamori

Probably the same reason why basically everyone but Alpeh and NA2 (I think) has access to Sapper... because Reasons.

8. ijw

YJ have Holo1 as an Equipment option.

9. Mahtamori

Joyfulness! I was looking for it last night, but must've missed it!

Xeurian likes this.
  10. ijw

CUBE (ONLY FOR TROOPS WITH NO CUBE)
    360º VISOR
    HACKER (HACKING DEVICE)
    HOLOPROJECTOR L1
    MULTISPECTRAL VISOR L1

11. Mahtamori

Yup... must've been looking in skills section. I was tired. Did reflect on the fact that we have the Cube option when we no longer have Keisotsu spec ops able to partake from our table (unless JSA takes from Yu Jing table instead of NA2 table, which would make some sense)

ijw likes this.
  12. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Actually that would make a lot of sense as otherwise JSA would be the only army/sectorial without access to cube for its Spec-ops.

13. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

i think EXP + Monofilament with Dual Wield should not be added, but played as 3 saves in ARM from PH plus one save form monofilament. IMHO.

14. ijw

So changing the rules for combining ammo?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  15. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

when you combine AP & E/M, you impose isolated for failed halved armour save, @ijw ?

16. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

considering the context of this thread, i think you mean 3 saves with ARM against your PH, and skip the monofilament save as it is not anti-material ?

But if you mean in general, I think it is not impossible to combine the special effects, but it does seem too powerful.
    could be worth it, as that mix is quite powerful, going from 1 hit = 1 save at 60% kill chance to making 3 saves instead of 1. Plus with MA4 you can have B2, or with a link in close combat have an even higher B.

On the other hand, it looks like it was internally tested and balanced. If you pay Dual Wield, then your only option for CCW are AP, EXP, and Mono. Did they meant to only allow AP+EXP on the specop ? Maybe not. Maybe they thought of AP+Mono (which does nothing more than Mono) and EXP+Mono (which is better than AP+EXP as it reduce ARM by two half and doing the equivalent of as many W as needed to kill of a TAG). Anyway, with Duel Wield, EXP, Mono, you only get up to CC19 (to stay within 12XP).

#16 Robock, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  17. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

E/M CCW already has an ARM save that does Normal damage and a halfed-BTS save that isolates, so i don't understand your question. Why would combining it with AP make the BTS effect transfer over to the ARM roll ? IMO it would make the ARM part use half ARM, but the half-BTS will stay as is.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  18. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

yes, i always want to play it imposible to use Dual Wield to combine Antimaterial Special Ammunition with Not anti-material to use against scenery structures.
    this could show you real difference between Templar weapons & just two different blades.

but in case of monofilament i think we cant treat it like weapon which hits in Armour at all. it realy hits throught the armour of the target & it effect realy specific. it like E/M, but not against BTS, not against ARM, but just against odds - targets could stay live or be dead. i think combine it with EXP Arm saves become too powerfull as you say, @Robock
    of course my words changes nothing, & we get EXP+Mono MA4 Jing spec-ops.

Robock likes this.
  19. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

So in looting and sabotage where this combination is the most relevant. I am not sure this combo a good thing. Mono filament doesn't do damage. 3 of the points assumes that you are doing wounds to the enemy structure before it is destroyed.

If you mono it to death, did u do all the wounds to it (and so get 3 more objective points) or technically 0 wounds and instead just auto kill it (which I dont know if an objective can be killed but instead destroyed but in either case takes 0 wounds)

20. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

See @ijw comment above:
    My reading is thus that each hit would do 1 STR to the objective rather than 0 STR and straight to dead. You’d have to hit it more than once, but it should be much easier to damage.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation