1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Game with TAK

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by tschmitt, Apr 24, 2019.

1. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

I recently acquired a few Ariadna minis and decided to take TAK out for a spin. I was up against Invincible Army and we played Biotechvore. This is the list I ran:

Tartary Army Corps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    LINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    LINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    LINE KAZAK Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    LINE KAZAK Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    LINE KAZAK Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    VETERAN KAZAK AP HMG / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 47)
    TANKHUNTER Portable Autocannon, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    STRELOK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    SCOUT Ojotnik, D-Charges, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Mimetism, AD: Parachutist) Rifle, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My opponent ran this:

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Tactical Awareness) Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 45)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My Classifieds are Capture, Extreme Prejudice, and Predator.

I won the LT roll and elected for deployment. My open chose first turn.

He deployed his fire team, Engineer, Baggage bot, and Doctor's servant bot on my right flank. Tai Sheng, the HMG, Baggage bot, and Engineer are next to the building and the rest are behind the building. The Doctor, Engineer's bot, and a camo token are on my left flank behind a building.

I place my fire team on my right flank with the snipers in an elevated position, both in LoS of Tai Sheng. An Irmandinho is on the side of that building in total cover. I pass my confused deployment rolls on the Scout (prone on a roof on the right flank) and Strelok (prone on a roof in the middle), but fail on the Tankhunter who goes on a roof in the middle with LoS to the Baggage bot. Spetsnaz HMG goes on the same roof. The rest of my units (Baggage bots, Irmandinho, Dozer, and WarCor) are lined up on the left flank as far forward as they can go.

A Rui Shi goes down in the middle for my opponent and I put my Vet Kazak near the fire team, opposite the Irmandinho.

Top of 1
    The snipers really lock down his fire team. He uses 3 orders of move+shoot with the HMG before it goes down, taking 1 sniper with it.

He switches to the Rui Shi, putting Assisted Fire on it and moving a few times to see my sniper, but I crit him.

He then goes back to Tai Sheng and spends a few orders moving and trading fire with the sniper. He makes all his saves along the way and gets the remaining members out of the Biotechvore zone.

The Baggage bot moves up but eats an AP+Exp ARO from the Tankhunter and goes down. He moves the Engineer and bot across the same path but I miss this time and he is able to revive the Rui Shi.

The Doctor and bot move up. I have a small window on the bot with the sniper but miss. He revives the HMG. The turn ends and he has the HMG, Doctor bot, and LT still in the zone. All saves are passed though.

Bottom of 1
    Both Irmandinhos move up with Impetuous and Irregular orders to safety. I reform the fire team with the Vet Kazak replacing the unconscious sniper and move out. The sniper gains LoF to the Spitfire and drops him. They move up a few more times to exit the zone.

I use 2 coordinated orders to get the Baggage bots, Dozer, and Spetsnaz HMG to safety. I drop an E/Mauler with the Scout in front of his fire team and try to fight Tai Sheng with the Tankhunter but get crit. The E/Mauler hits Tai Sheng though and he fails the save.

My turn ends with the WarCor, Strelok, and Kazak Sniper in the zone. Only the Strelok survives.

Top of 2
    Starts with Assisted Fire going on the Rui Shi and moving into sight of my Vet Kazak. I try to shoot back but get sent off the table. The bot ends up near the remains of the Zuyong fire team. The HMG and Doctor bot move out of the zone. The bot revives the Spitfire and then the LT moves towards safety but cant quite exit the zone. The LT is the only model still in the zone. He fails the save and goes NWI.

Bottom of 2
    An Irmandinho charges the Rui Shi and Zuyong fire team. I drop a chain rifle that clips them all while taking a spitfire shot from the bot. The Zuyongs attempt to dodge. I fail my save and die while only the Spitfire guy takes a wound. He goes back unconscious.

I walk in my Spetsnaz AD troop behind the fire team and waste them all.

The Strelok uses a few orders to move up and shocks the Doctor off the table with his SMG.

At this point the only model left for my opponent is his LT. I use my final turn to go around cleaning up corpses for my classifieds for the 10-1 victory.

I was very happy with my first run out with TAK. The snipers and AD Spetsnaz really pulled their weight. Ambush camo wasn't really able to do much for me in this game but I look forward to using it more in the future.

What are yalls thoughts on the Tankhunter Autocannon vs AP HMG? I like the AP+Exp but also like rolling more dice.

2. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Autocannon vs AP HMG is an easy choice in a vacuum. The AP HMG will be useful in more situations than the autocannon, however Infinity isn’t all about redundancy, it is also about having the right tool for the job. I once had the pleasure of sending a Marut on a rampage through Ariadna, right until a pesky autocannon one-shotted the fembot - she got rebooted and killed the rest of the army, but still.

You’ve already got two HMGs, I’d spend my points on alternate weapons.

tschmitt and MATRAKA14 like this.
  3. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

That is very true. A surprise ARO with AP+Exp can ruin someones day.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation