1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiiutan Symbiomates/Bombs and Impersonation

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by DustGod, Apr 25, 2019.

1. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

@ijw If you give a Kiiutan a Mate/Bomb but you don't use Impersonation can you still use the rules for Impersonation deployment.

My thought on this is: If you don't use Impersonation you don't get to deploy like it Impersonator I'd like to get something from someone who has a little more time under their belt with this game.

Here's the post with the discussion

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tohaa/permalink/1029843283892782/

Berjiz and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Impersonation
    EFFECTS
    • During the Deployment Phase, allows the user to deploy anywhere on the game table except for the enemy Deployment Zone.
    • Allows the user to deploy in the Impersonation-2 state (see Infinity N3).
    • Allows the user to deploy inside the enemy Deployment Zone by making a WIP Roll.
    • Roll the user's WIP after placing him on the battlefield in order to determine the effects of a failed Roll.
    • The user cannot deploy in base to base contact with any other trooper.
    So reading through this I would say its allowed because the possibility of deploying in Imp 2 state is its own point and not connected with point one being able to deploy anythere besides enemy DZ and also not connected with deploying in enemy DZ with WIP Roll. So yes deploying in the Imp2 state is an optional part of the skill

EDIT: There are no requirements for any of the effects and each effect is its own point not connected with the others.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

What ChoTimberWolf said. If people don't like that answer, it's reinforced by the wording for Exclusion Zones:

Exclusion Zone. Troopers may not use the Airborne Deployment, Forward Deployment, Mechanized Deployment, or Infiltration Special Skills or
    the deployment rule of the Impersonation Special Skill to deploy inside of an 8 inch area on either side of the central line of the game table. The Exclusion Zone is not applied to troopers that suffer Dispersion.

My emphasis.

4. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

I don't like it... and it's just because I feel like the disguises itself is what creates the ability.
    But
    I trust and respect what both of you say and I definitely wouldn't argue with you guys... and I guess it's a tactic I can use now with like a clear conscious and not feel like I'm cheating.
    Thanks guys

Berjiz, toadchild and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation