1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lil' help Here?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Samiberi, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Space Ranger likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think the fluff about General armies is that they are thrown together with the troops on hand for emergencies or specially selected for the mission.

IIRC for ISS it’s pretty clear about the ranks. But each one could have its own rank within its own class. Like Imperial Agent Crane Rank 1st Class.

Hsien - Headquarters
    Imperial Agent Crane Rank - Elite
    Imperial Agent Pheasant Rank - Elite
    Imperial Agent Zhanying Rank - Veteran
    Kan Ren - Specially trained troops
    Bao Troops - Specially trained troops
    Celestial Guard - Line Troops
    Wu Ming - Line Troops
    Remotes / Su-Jian - Remote / Specially trained troops
    Kuang Shi - Line Troops

Sun Tze-ISS Attached Advisor - Character

Non-ISS attachments
    Bounty Hunters, Sophotech, etc.

For Invincible Army It’s not as clear. I’m sure they have

Mowang - Elite
    Hac Tao - Elite
    Guijia - Mechanized
    Daoying (while the Lt. many times, it’s more about being the strategist than having rank) - Specially trained troops
    Hulang / Liu Xing - Elite
    Zhencha - Specially trained troops
    Shang Ji - Line Troops
    Yan Huo - Line Troops
    Zuyong - Line Troops
    Zhanshi / Mech Engineer / Doctor - Line Troops
    Remotes

Hai Dao – Non-IA attachment

3. Samiberi

Samiberi Well-Known Member

I keep hearing that uprising had well, very terrible fluff, and hearing about this "Psycho Crane" and stuff, as i have not picked up any book since the N3 core when it came out, i am a bit behind. So i can only piece information together. I -have- however been reading fan fiction in the forums from multiple different perspectives and honestly, i -love- how they make Uprising look. Not a YJ is a 80's cartoon villain ala Sylvanus from WoW style (now a days anyhow) but a dominant power that is having its authority questioned by a smaller power it "assimilated" and that power was not wanting to be under its control. JSA fought HELLA Dirty. Like, Disgusting sickening levels of dirty, cause thats how -that- kind of shit is won. Since i am "Merican" the only way i can put an example on that is the Revolutionary war. America fought what was considered at the time horribly dirty and disgusting. So much so it was disgusting for the powers that be to even think of. That to me is what the JSA did here. Was it right? Thats not the point. The point was to show that these two powers could not co-exist. But i think that with Uprising, they ended up goofing cause well, they only showed the ONE angle of the battle, while painting the other AS cartoonie evil. Its why i -really- like those fanfics. it shows aspects of things from a soldier/warriors perspective (im former USMC so...i kinda get it) and how they would really respond. -very few- people are like "hey shoot them kids and civilians! you will get a gold star!" "OK! BLAM BLAM BLAM" and be totes fine.

But i Digress! So from the sounds, This is what me and the boyfriend and friend are going to do to try and slow grow our area, annnnd have some fun. I am going to work on the table, its going to be a "outpost" on Dawn built by YJ to "assist" the Ardiana' folk. This outpost will have been taken over by the local wildlife/groups. And when the JSA fled to dawn (that's the right fluff right? JSA broke off from YJ and fled to dawn?) They are in the process of seizing control of this outpost, while YJ is sending its own forces to Ensure that such a foothold isn't lost, not only do to the fact that Pan O still has "Relief outposts" for the Ardianans (thats still fluff right? YJ and Pan0 sneaking outposts to "help the ardianans" but really do nefarious things?) Thus including the three powers we currently have. (Ardiana, YJ, and JSA) i know for a fact that we will end up having nomads too, which i can think of many easy reasons to kind of bring -them- into the mix (they have helped the ardianans before) and the tricky ones will be aleph and CA (Which i think one player if i can get ahold of, will bring to the table)

I will be starting with the concept of a character, the Daoying hacker, on her first real assignment from training, everything about her in question, from Lineage, to performance, to her own personal grudges with the JSA (i have a character growing in my mind pen and paper style). And this will let me bring in Rems (since i -really- don't play with them at all and i totally should!) i built a 200 point list to get started with already actually. The boyfriend is doing the same, but hasn't thought much about it (he isn't as big into this as i am, but he will be! he loves Xcom and GiTS and Appleseed sooo)

Space Ranger likes this.
  4. Samiberi

Yup. I will keep my Nomads on backup. and grab the Tunguksa stuff after i finish YJ again.

Azuset and Space Ranger like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

JSA didn't flee to Dawn - Ariadna still hold claim to roughly half of the land mass with the second largest continent being widely contested territory with Yu Jing and Pan-O still holding many major assets there. Yu Jing had a military oceanic facility manned by mainly JSA forces there and nominally the JSA held on to the facility. Where JSA fled to was mainly Japan (actual Earth Japan) and a few space stations (again, owing to Yu Jing's tendency to man these backwater dumps with JSA troops). There were a few other planetary holdings, but no planet-wide or even continent-wide holdings.

6. Samiberi

Ah, okay! thats not bad though, i mean, still puts JSA on Dawn, and its good to know they have some stations and Japan on earth as well. Helps kind of paint a good picture of how that army can you know...Get around lol

7. Space Ranger

:laughing::muscle::facepunch:

8. Samiberi

haha. What can i say, I love playing armies i like the look for, the play-style for, and more importantly, not a lot play. There has -never- been a lot of love for YJ in my little corner of Montana, so...i'm more then happy to give the empire some luv

Azuset likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

I think this is a game were you can almost base it on what looks cool to you and still do okay.

IAGO242 likes this.
  10. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Well,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Azuset, Section9 and Space Ranger like this.
  11. Samiberi

Those look really good!

12. Space Ranger

Those look awesome!

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Larry is pretty skilled with a paintbrush!

14. Samiberi

Now i have to decide do i do the purple primary like i like....or go with the red. I do have some small models painted for Nomads in the purple/black/silver and that is going to be my Nomad theme...buttttt i -do- like the colors alot and it would fit SO GOOD on YJ models >.>;; With maybe blues/orange lines on the armor

Maksimas likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation