1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Hanako bodies with plain heads. OK, maybe too many repeats, body is not very good for conversion (one compact part).
    OTOH, I wonder how hard would be to just make the hair over bald heads, or Oyumaru clone.

jherazob likes this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hasslefree's separate heads are usually bald for that reason.

I have a few other geisha-ish models, I may get adventurous with the Fembots and see how many heads I can clone.

archangeleong, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  3. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Good job mate.

Can you please make a comparison shot? They seem rather small for infinity standards.

4. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

They are fine scale, so fit in just fine. Their legs are in a stooped over position so they do appear a little shorter than models standing fully upright.

See variously posed ladies for comparison:

089FCCB6-7F1E-4958-9F05-1CED7BFF65A0.jpeg
    EE3B304D-841A-443C-96EB-93DD6AEF69CD.jpeg

TenNoBushi, Harlekin, Engorn and 8 others like this.
  5. Mob of Blondes

A bit big head if anything to be picky about. Unless the position and pose of the rightmost miniatures is playing optical illusions, and they are like the two new ones.

6. archangeleong

I agree that the heads are a bit big by infinity standards. However they look ok on the models themselves, although it does stand out a bit when side by side. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that their scale is a little larger, but it was so hard to find geisha heads in the first place, let alone anything out there that isn’t heroic scale. In the end I’m happy with how they turned out and put their slightly larger sized heads down to the fact they are bots (that’s how my own internal fluff goes anyway lol!!).

jherazob likes this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Did you look at Kensei, BTW? Also Bushido and Test of Honor, which appeared while searching, but I remembered Kensei being mentioned ages ago, and it looked non-heroic.
    And even more... nothing to have something finished for things to pop up. @Section9 will love that page.

jherazob likes this.
  8. archangeleong

Looked at all of those and didn’t like the sculpts on any. Although the work by Dr Matthias is great I don’t like the heads he used very much, which is why I settled on hasslefree.

Mob of Blondes and jherazob like this.
  9. archangeleong

Another CSU joins my roster of Mercs.

This one of my favourite mins to be sure!

IMG_E8470.JPG
    IMG_E8472.JPG
    IMG_E8474.JPG
    IMG_E8476.JPG
    IMG_E8478.JPG
    IMG_E8480.JPG
    IMG_E8482.JPG
    IMG_E8484.JPG

CSU with VIP (Earning their pay)
    IMG_E8468.JPG

10. maru

maru Well-Known Member

is it the limited one if i remember ?

11. archangeleong

Yep, managed to get her for a reasonable price ;-)

12. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

I adore and am inspired by your soft toned colour palette and precision. I feel like there is a stylistic flatness to some of the colours which make some of them feel like they are out of an anime (and notably NOT cartoony nor cel shaded), really lovely low contrast in some areas and sharp cutting high contrast in others.

I'm especially taken with the shading on the blonde CSU's trousers, you've made grey such a dynamic colour across the bulk of your minis.

I must learn this talent.

Bravo.

13. archangeleong

Thanks so much for the kind words :-) It inspires me to try harder. It's true that grey comes up a lot in my armies, I tried really hard to get different palette sets of different greys in order to break up different parts of the minis as well as different troop types. Grey was important for my JSA as it is the unifying colour that ties the army together.

I try to find a new challenge on each miniature and the pants on the blond CSU was one where I was very satisfied with the result, so I'm very thankful you like it.

Hope I can share more minis to come :-)

Superfluid likes this.
  14. archangeleong

INFINITY JSA: Japanese Secessionist Army On Parade
    [​IMG]

Very happy to see units side by side and various colour palettes merging as a whole. My entry into the world of Infinity has been great so far and I'm very proud of my JSA force. If only I had more time to play games! Any ways wonder what force is next on the horizon?...

Ninjas
    [​IMG]

Ryukan Unit 9
    [​IMG]

Cyber Samurai
    [​IMG]

Heavy Infantry
    [​IMG]

Royal Guard alongside Ronin
    [​IMG]

Heroes and Rogues
    [​IMG]

Motorpool
    [​IMG]

Master and Mistress of speed
    [​IMG]

Cute and Creepy robots
    [​IMG]

Heavy Hitters protect their VIP
    [​IMG]

TAG = Giant Robot Samurai
    [​IMG]

Deadly and Sexy ladies
    [​IMG]

Light Infantry supporting the Troublemakers
    [​IMG]

Speed demons
    [​IMG]

Group shot 2 (Who is that waiting in the wings?)
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Willen, RasPuto and 17 others like this.
  15. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

It´s a shame I can only give you one like. Your Army is really impressive, it was always a joy to see you new painted stuff over the last months. You were very inspiring to me.

Im looking forward to your new faction. Regardless which im sure you will rock it :wink:.

16. Section9

I see mercenary types (a couple Yuan-yuans) in the back, so I'm thinking Ikari Company?

17. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I'm jealous of your skills and the fact you have Asuka.

I struggle with eyes and drybrushing.

18. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

For eyes, paint them first, it helps. And about drybrushing, this video should be illustrative:

19. Section9

I only paint eyes on dark-skinned troops. A 30mm mini at 3 feet or so (normal tabletop distance) is the same apparent size as a real person about 65 yards away. You cannot see the whites of their eyes at that distance unless their skin is quite dark.

For everyone else, the eye sockets stay the washed darkest color for their skin, and everything around the eye gets highlighted up. Plus eyebrows, of course.

jherazob likes this.
  20. archangeleong

Hi guys, A new forum member, Sev Corvo was asking me about colours for Ikari Co. I couldn't seem to post pics in the private messages so I put them up here.

Hope it helps :-)

My basic technique is:

I tend to use a triad of colours (base, highlight and shading) and blend them. Note: I usually blend the highlight colour with the base colour and only use the full highlight sparingly. (If you have more colours than 3 then you may not need to blend as much - but I find this unnecessary and prefer blending using a wet palette mostly)

Whilst this is the basics, I use many tricks including wet blending, washing, layering, dry brushing, stippling, scumbling etc to get different results as required.

Importantly I water down all paints and layer them up slowly in order to get a smooth finish, as opposed to rough with too much paint that can obscure detail.

The break down of colours is as follows:

Blue:
    IMG_E8559.JPG

On dark blue areas (armour) imperial blue is the base colour, but on light blue areas (clothing) the base colour is heavy blue.

Note: I have mixed around what is light and dark blue on different models (hope this makes sense.

Orange:
    IMG_E8560.JPG

Green:
    IMG_E8573.JPG

Dark blue/grey:
    IMG_E8561.JPG

Light grey (on Brawlers):
    IMG_E8572.jpg

Grey (ranging light, mid to dark):
    IMG_E8562.jpg

Brown:
    IMG_E8558.jpg

Red (on JSA):
    IMG_E8563.JPG

Blue (on JSA):
    IMG_E8564.JPG

As you can see the range is all Vallejo. I used Citadel for many years but am disappointed by the significant drop in quality at present (I can barely get through more than half a pot of the new range without the paint spoiling - whereas my ancient citadel paints are still useable).

Hope this helps. I’m really happy to share anything about the hobby I so enjoy. Good luck on your ikari and I hope to see your results on the forum.

Feel free to ask for and share any tips any time :-)

#260 archangeleong, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation