1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer Rules?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by System_Override, Jan 30, 2019.

1. System_Override

The Game has been out for quite a while now. Are there multiplayer rules yet with the expansions and such?

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Nothing official. Members have posted that they have enjoyed three player free-for-all games with little or no modification of the rules.

System_Override likes this.
  3. System_Override

Right. Thanks for the info! I hope we will get something official soon. thats why I got the game in the first place

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Since the game was published we've been working on a multiplayer scenario. But we haven't found yet what we were looking for. Or maybe until now. Current version is giving us a nice feedback, so we think we are near to get it! As soon as we accomplish it'll be published.

:wink:

dalaule, Stompburger, volgo and 2 others like this.
  5. System_Override

Great news! I appreciate it! Thanks!

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thanks to you for your concern.

7. PedroP

PedroP Member

When I was thinking about the simplest way to implement multiplayer in A! I thought that the scenerio could be race-like(whacky one? ;) ). I mean something like it:
    - the board is not hexagonal but either circle or long but narrow,
    - each team is starting from the same spot/side not so far from each other,
    - teams should be smaller or there should be restriction of characters that can be present on board from each team: like 2-3,
    - your last checkpoint is the place where you revspawn in case of death,
    - movable race track components like: bridges or traps, doors - so you have to unlock them from one place, so other characters can go trough and get to next checkpoint - but this component could add to much complication or cumbersome - if too much overgrown,

Haven't try to implement it, but maybe someone will? Just mention me in credits :))))

8. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Here's a multiplayer mod I made and shared with a group on Facebook:

Tag Team (T2) Mod

Tag Team is a 2 player vs 2 player/2 player vs 1 player team mod for Aristeia! It represents a partnership style of team play, where team members work together against their opponents. Due to the additional communication allowed this game mode will take a little longer than a normal game of Aristeia.

Team A and Team B will have two players each, sitting together. Take the Aristo/Chacater cards to make a drafting deck. Players will roll off 3 Orange and 3 Blue dice. In case of a tie players will reroll.

The team with the most successes will choose first, and the player with the most successes will choose first for that team. Players will opening announce who they have picked, then hand the deck to the next player in order (1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1).

Determine Underdog status as normal between teams.

Initiative/Play Order
    Initiative spots are split between Evens and Odds, with one team member taking Evens (2/4) and the other taking Odds (1/3). During the planning phase players will secretly confer with each other to determine Initiative Order of characters, plus who will take the Evens spot and the Odds spot.

Active Player
    Players only become the Active player when activated on the initiative order. Only the Active player for a team may respond to the opposing Active player, even if their character is currently in the Infirmary or Bench.

There is no discussing strategy between players on a team during the game except during the Planning Phase.

Notes: This is my 2v2/2v1 mod. I initially came up with it in order to teach two friends Aristeia at once, and have since polished it a bit based on feedback. It requires that both players have a good grasp of the characters, and gives plenty of opportunity for them to have a chance to play all the characters on the team. This gives a nice, broad experience for new players (which is my group in general).

If you end up in a 2v1 scenario, I suggest giving the 2 player team a starting hand of 5 because the lone player has the advantage of being able to form a more cohesive plan/train of thought while playing.

edited: I bolded a few parts to emphasize how the multiplayer mechanic really works. I like this because it keeps the engagement high. One suggestion I had but ultimately didn't go with was each player picks two characters and that's their characters for the game, but I felt that was counter to my goal of learning the game.

#8 Chikahiro, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    volgo, Roadrunner7431 and treiral like this.
  9. Ignovus

Ignovus Logistics Division
    Warcor

Hi -V-, any update on a multiplayer scenario? It's been a few months now, figured I'd check back :wink:

ZlaKhon and volgo like this.
  10. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We had to pause multi development due to Defiance, but we'll resume it soon. Wouldn't it be nice to have it for AGL3? Hope so.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation