1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ on Fireteam Burst Bonus with "Skills or Equipment"

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hachiman Taro, Aug 8, 2018.

1. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

This thread killed my motivation to play infinity this weekend.

fenren, Hecaton, Ginrei and 2 others like this.
  2. fenren

fenren Active Member

Poorly written FAQs matter.

Due to the FAQ our group was uncertain whether FO still benefited from +3 WIP from a 5-Man fireteam. Thanks to the thread we now know! Unfortunately, after looking up this and a few other rulings we don't have time to finish our game...

Anecdote - Why this matters over time:
    My play group was made up of six fairly new players (all pretty serious gamers) and we have lost half of that group this year due to their exhaustion with looking up convoluted rule edge cases instead of playing the game when we get together. I really want to play the game and introduce my friends to it, this sort of thing impacts my ability to do either effectively. No salt intended, just sharing why this stuff matters.

3. Rocker

Rocker Well-Known Member

Reviving an old thread:
    A) So Medikit does not get +1 Burst. And since it does not have the "BS attack" trait either, it won't get +3 to BS? Is that right? (following from ruling on FO in this thread)
    B) Medikit does however state that: "Used remotely, a MediKit is a piece of Equipment that acts as a Non-Lethal BS Weapon. If the user spends one Short Skill and passes a BSRoll with all applicable MODs (Range, Cover, Camouflage and Hiding, ODD...),"
    C) What are "Applicable mods"? the "..." leaves me thinking that maybe the +3 BS from 5-man link will be added? Are there other mods not listed in the example parenthesis that are applicable?
    D) An unconscious trooper loses camo/mimetism and ODD, so why are those listed as examples of mods to apply?

*Confused*

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The BS bonus is a BS MOD, so will apply.

Because a target in the No Wound Incapacitation variant of Unconscious state still has active Mimetism/ODD etc.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Rocker

Rocker Well-Known Member

But the 5-man Fireteam bonus states:
    "+3 MOD to the Attribute used to perform BS Attack Rolls (either BS, PH or WIP), and a +3 WIP MOD to Discover Rolls."

Since Medikit does not have the "BS Attack" trait (as FO does) I fail to see the logic in the wording to determine which MODs applies to Medikit.

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Please compare to the other MODs mentioned. Mimetism, for example:
    • Any BS Attack against the user of CH: Mimetism suffers a -3 MOD to the relevant Attribute (BS, PH, WIP...).
    Or Partial Cover:
    • The trooper that declared a BS Attack must apply a -3 MOD to its BS Attribute.

chromedog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation