1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Painter - Aleph addition testing

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Koin-Koin, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

My Aleph knowledge being close to zero (honestly it's more like 0 than 0.0000000001), I need your help to choose a model from the dossier folder.

Which one would be the frequent/versatile/relevant when your considering an Aleph paint scheme?

So far I'm looking at Acmon as there is some accessories, skin, armor, lights, hexa-"tatoos" but another one may cover more Aleph elements.

#1 Koin-Koin, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  2. Koin-Koin

So I tried to update the Infinity Painter with Aleph.
    This is a beta so far as I'm learning how the tool use the images.
    Feel free to test the beta version here and let me know what I missed.
    I think most of work would be to add more sections but it's not that obvious for me know which part to cut.

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Unless you're working on a very big monitor you can't get to Aleph without making it fullscreen.

Also i'd suggest choosing a mini that works in all of Aleph, including both of the sectorials. As maligned as she is in the table, i think Andromeda would work fine for this as the model is also great, do we have her dossier? Apart from her there's the Rebots, but...

Koin-Koin likes this.
  4. Koin-Koin

It's working fine on 1280x1024 so that's definitely not something I expected.
    No trace of her here and only a projected capture here so far.
    I'm no artist so as cleaning a pure pic is already a lot of work, I'm not really exited to have even more cleaning to do :cold_sweat:

Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, regardless of the model general remark are welcome too :blush:

EDIT : just find that there is subfolders including a steel phalanx one :scream:

#4 Koin-Koin, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    jherazob likes this.
  5. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Did a quick image search, found this on Pinterest of all places:
    [​IMG]
    Seems like a cleaned up version of the pic. It should be added to the dossiers :D

Koin-Koin likes this.
  6. Koin-Koin

In fact it is already part of the gdrive dossier, just found it.
    I tried several time to find it but my google-fu is weak.

jherazob likes this.
  7. Koin-Koin

Okay...
    Kinda of having something "usable" here with Andromeda.
    I also reduce the space between each faction so the last one is reachable on smaller screen.

I think I can get better and quicker result when generating images from a dossier so I may consider updates in the future.

Any feedback is welcome.

jherazob likes this.
  8. Koin-Koin

I tried to improve how zones are defined and to smooth the color swap but there's still some work to do.
    Beta Aleph is available here.

Feedbacks are more than welcome.

Oni and jherazob like this.
  9. Viridian

Viridian Disco Gamma Meow

Very nice and works just fine for me!
    I might be a bit late but I would have chosen some other Aleph-model. Something with a long hair shown and no hood or helmet or anything covering it. Many people take the opportunity to paint the hair of their Aleph-models with some prominent color so it shouldn't be denied to take that element into account with the design tool.

I'd give my vote for one of these. IMO they're all universal enough to represent the whole Aleph.
    1. Thamyris
    2. Trasimedes
    3. Atalanta

Koin-Koin likes this.
  10. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

I don't know, none of those models are available in my OSS force, and I dont' particularly care for them either as I'm not going to field them. Is there a model both army uses that is universal enough? I guess Andromeda is potentially fielded in both armies, but I don't think the Greeks would even consider her.

For OSS I think one of the remotes would do a decent job, and a human model (with face and hair) for the Steel Phalanx?

Koin-Koin likes this.
  11. Viridian

Well… I don't think the model used in the design app would necessarily have to be available in all sectorials. I'm thinking more about the visuality of the model when I say it would represent the whole Aleph. Like whether it would fit in the picture with any given Aleph troops.

But ok, since I came up with only SP-troops earlier then for the sake of balance, how about these?
    Yadu Officer Shakti
    Danavas
    Naga (weird pose in the dossier, though)

I wouldn't even count out the fan art Post-Humans: Valkyre

Koin-Koin likes this.
  12. dalaule

dalaule Active Member

If possible, I'd prefer a remote and a "human". Not sure how simple it is for the creator to implement a coloring of two pictures seperatly, but.. I'm sure other armies and sectorials would enjoy the possibility as well

Koin-Koin likes this.
  13. Koin-Koin

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Just to remind the tools story, it was created by someone else and as it was not hosted anymore I provided a location for it.
    As I have some spare time at work I had a look at how it was implemented and tried to add the missing faction (Alpeh) to it.

Basically it required the following things:
    - one pic with the colors
    - one pic with the borders to put over the first one
    - the color pic then needs to be filled with "zones" of the same color

As I 'm not a graphic artist, it could be really time consuming for me to get a clean zoning so I don't expect doing several options here.

My understanding of the tool's goal is to provide one faction's profile generic enough so anyone can try global coherence of there schemes' ideas.

I may consider to replace the actual model if another one fits better but it won't be before 3 weeks so everyone can share their thoughts here.
    Please link the model's pic from the dossier so I'll have what I need to proceed.

Section9, Viridian and jherazob like this.
  14. Koin-Koin

Beta updated with Naga
    I also change the pic frame from 400x800 to 800x800 so the dual pic shows up properly. Let me know how it works on your display.

Section9, Oni and jherazob like this.
  15. Viridian

Link (button) to Aleph-section doesn't work.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  16. Koin-Koin

I actually don't have any issue on my side and I can see that other people are able to use the Aleph button of the Beta.
    Could you provide any detail that can help troubleshooting your issue (browser, OS, steps followed link used...) ?

17. Viridian

I checked again. I'm using MS Edge browser. (Don't ask why :D )
    So I opened the link you provided in the message you sent on 8th of April.
    The PanO section opens up and I can see the fusilier. I can get to every other army section as well but not to Aleph. My cursor doesn't even change it's apperance signifying it's on the link area when pointing the Aleph symbol. It worked fine before the naga-update. I even removed cookies and cache, but it didn't help.

I tried it with Chrome and everyhing works just fine. Except that the colour picker tool is on top of Naga's head. I've got 1920 x 1200 resolution. When zoomed out (to 80%) I can see Naga.
    But even with 100% zoom, there are ways to get aroud this problem by managing the Chrome window size so don't waste too much ammo fixing that problem :)

Koin-Koin likes this.
  18. Koin-Koin

Thanks for the extra info.

The colour picker tool can be moved by grabbing the pre-selected colour line.

There an outline issue in the Aleph pic I'm trying to fix.

19. Koin-Koin

Thanks to @Kalendo's feedback, the outline issue is now fixed.

I honestly won't be able to work on any browser compatibility issue. I can only add new entries or play with existing parameters (no code change).

I think I'll update the prod version soon if there's no more to fix.

Usashi and jherazob like this.
  20. Koin-Koin

Aleph faction is now leaving Beta.
    beta page is no more and default page is now updated.

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation