1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen models

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Skyhusky, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Skyhusky

Skyhusky Well-Known Member

Good afternoon nomad friends. I know this is unlikely to produce any, if any results, but perhaps my models were noticeable enough for someone to spot on Ebay or anywhere else.

I ran Tunguska and TAK (Angry russians, i know) and my Tablewar display case was covered in sailor moon stickers and patches from last years rumble. It was stolen out of my car, in Lubbock, TX

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tfobvmxgyxunyjj/AAAH9AtZxlFQuUncW32kfvAla?dl=0 is a link to what my models look like.

loricus likes this.
  2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Oh man. That's brutal.

Were you at Rumble this year? Did this happen while you were homeward-bound?

3. Skyhusky

I was not able to attend rumble. It happened in my apartment's parking lot early in the morning...I only found out later thanks to the police officer calling.

4. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Aww man I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’ve heard stories about stolen models turning up in dumpsters and ditches nearby where your car was. Thief’s think it’s valuable like a laptop or something and throw it away when they realize it’s minis. I’ll keep an eye out.

5. Skyhusky

Yeah, we looked at local dumpsters and other common dumpsites. Nothing turned out, so now I'm just asking people to watch buy/sale/trade groups and ebay and such.

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Some day a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

7. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

I hope you get your minis back.
    It is sad that things like this happens, why people do that?

8. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

If you have renters insurance check your policy, it may cover items stolen from your car too. In which case you just have to give your insurance company a list of models you definitely honestly certainly owned (with links/prices! CB store to maximize return) and they should reimburse you quickly if you make their job easy.

loricus likes this.
  9. Skyhusky

I submitted it already, they replied back they will have to review it and I'll find out something next week...I'm on appeals, apparently.

xagroth likes this.
  10. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

Good luck buddy. Don't be afraid to argue for the full value of what you lost, you pay that insurance bill for a reason. It's worth looking around online for how to maximize your claim/chances of full reimbursement.

Claim the minis, claim the paint used, any templates or extras, i'm sure you're already on top of this but it's worth standing firm with insurance reps. It won't make up for the time spent painting or any sentimental value, but you should be able to get your army back and maybe a couple extras if you play your cards right.

loricus, csjarrat and Errhile like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation