1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice for Going into the New Tohaa?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by madcore, Apr 18, 2019.

1. madcore

madcore Member

Playing into Tohaa for the first time tonigh, any advice?

We are playing Acquisition....All I know about his list is that he love the new Draal Saboteur, so expecting to see two....

2. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

I've never encountered them myself yet, but what I know is that they hate the Fire ammunition because it can ruin their symbiot armor easily. We have a few units that can carry flammethrower to do the job, but what are you going to play? Sectorial or Vanilla?

3. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The latest episode of White Noise: Shadows of the triumvirate goes into the new units, Spiral corps, but also how they affect Tohaa.

Summarized, the new troops have some nasty tricks, but a lot of them will “wear of” during the game, so if you can hang in tight you might be able to roll over him in the last turn or two.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

Ive not played against them yet either, let us know how you do. In theory I think bringing a couple of total reaction bots (personally I like the combi and the hmg) for ARO duties as they suffer less against saturation than other ARO pieces might be good? Tohaa and spiral bring a lot of bodies (functional cheerleaders) in their DZ, if you can find a way to get there early, remove a bunch of orders that might help you out late game (beware of flamethrowers).

Also spiral have no particular weakness to fire, that seems to be getting phased out of the rules. (neema and the rasail maybe... but you are unlikely to get any fire on them.. if they are even present EDIT: I forgot the keil saan, this also has multi wounds)

Symbioarmours have the fire sensitive trait.
    So if a wound is suffered the symbiont armour is removed. A 1 wound symbiontarmour is removed after a single wound. A 2 wound symbiontarmour would be destroyed by a single hit that gets past the ARM roll (then successive fire rolls would be taken against the inactive profile)
    Therefore only multi-wound symbiontarmours have any weakness to fire.

5. descrii

descrii Well-Known Member

Equipment with the fire-sensitive trait is shut off regardless of the success or failure of the armor roll, so a model with symbiont armor (1W, 2W, any number of W) that is hit by fire ammo will always lose its symbiont armor, regardless of whether or not it saves.

From the wiki on Fire Ammunition:
    "Additionally, a trooper affected by Fire Special Ammunition who has Fire-Sensitive Special Skills or Equipment will enter the Burnt state, regardless of the result of the ARM Roll."

#5 descrii, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    East of Irem likes this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't believe that's correct. You're getting it confused with Camo and ODD.

Fire-Sensitive equipment all behave differently, ODD etc get the "burnt" status because their rules specify they get the burnt token. Symbio Armour needs to actually fail a save to suffer the consequences, Symbio Armour doesn't get the "burnt" status as part of its Fire-Sensitivity.

If it was meant to work the way you describe they wouldn't bother putting this under active symbio armour

"In this state, failing an ARM Roll caused by Fire Special Ammunition means losing all the points of the Wounds/STR Attribute of the Active Symbiont Armor Troop Profile. If the bearer loses more points of his Wounds/STR Attribute during that Order, deduct them from the Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile."

Specifying failure would be pointless as failing or passing wouldn't make a difference to the equipment.

#6 Triumph, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  7. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

Hmm, yeah the burnt state says that the fire-sensitive equipment ceases to function. Example on symbiontarmour page only says what happens if the ARM roll is failed. Burnt state is applied regardless of wounds caused.. Have I been playing this wrong the whole time?

New suggestion for OP: bring a su jian... use flamethrower

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that a) camo is a skill, not equipment and b) CH skills (i.e. Mimetism, Camo, Ambush Camo, TO Camo, but not Limited Camo) gets downgraded to Mimetism when Burnt.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation