1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Guess that is my que to progress. Lets make some noise!!

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. Golem2God

@stevenart74 @inane.imp @Beodren Infinity is getting sci-fi dungeon crawler in perhaps a year or two since CB is using Kickstarter.

This has made me think about how the gameplay/premise of this upcoming board game is similar to our RPG of a small group of mercs being sent on a mission in enemy territory. A couple of ideas could be gleamed from Defiance when more details about it are revealed late this year.

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I've forgotten were the pick-up spot for the gear Uja is supposed to obtain. Where is the drop-off exactly?

stevenart74 likes this.
  4. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I hope this message finds you in good spirits and good health. I'm a bit concerned of your recent absence and wanted to ask if there was another delay due to life's woes. As stated before I forgot the pick-up spot of Uja's gear and I'm in a bit of a pickle because of this lack of information. Hope you can see this and reply to my inquiry.

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Hectic days, unfortunately. . .

Yesterday had to go 50 km. out-town (No Car zones; Bad Commuting) to speak with prospective clients and nail down some lucrative contracts; all the while trying to secure My mother's Legal Standing against those who want to Harass her by Court. . .

Late Tomorrow will have to try to mediate with an Attorney these same issues, and also they tried to grab Me in the same Legal Problems (they are trying to pass Me as "Socially Dangerous Person" because I do NOT "Conform" to their narrow worldview). . .

All the same there are further issues about Household Properties and Tax shared between co-owners that I will try to solve, while My brother (that has a lesser share, but share nonetheless, of all stuff) will try to have his own Legal Stance checked on. . .

. . . . .

Not a good period for Me, even if I'm trying to solve everything when I can; at the moment those various RW issues keep Me from completing further Maps, narrowed down to each Player Character . . .

. . . . .

@Golem2God . . .

I think that We declared beforehand that the stuff is hidden in ONE of the VARIOUS crates that were the "Final Line Target" of the "Proposed Battle Plan" aimed in the Tactical Map. . .

To reach those places UNSEEN then Uja need THREE different Athletic Rolls (to signify "Speed Burst Run" between a Patrol and the other); the first is Diff. 0; the second Diff. 1 and the last Diff. 2 to signal the more and more increasing "Security Level2 of Enemy Drones with overlapping Lines of Sight. . .

A couple of Awareness Rolls with Diff.1 will be good to place the Demolition Charges in the intended places. . .

If You want to try different Actions then propose some Different Skillset in lieu of what I say; but Difficulty will be PROBABLY higher. . .

. . . . .

@Beodren . . .

Similar issues for Alistair, but the needed Rolls will be of Stealth, D.0 / D.1 / D.2, (the "Characters Pets" will not need to Roll on their onw; unless separated from the main character we will consider them "Personal Gear" attached to the P.C.). . .!!

Same, identical stuff for placement of Demolition Charges. . .

@inane.imp . . .

Tony is safely hidden; some Hacking Rolls at Diff.2 could be useful to help the other two Players' incursion, anyway (scrambling for a split instant a Digital Camera while the P.C. zip down under; causing "Fake Echos" in the Enemy Patrols that will go investigate in the wrong direction, and so on). . .

Other kind of "Support Actions" could be done too. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm kinda mostly AFK at the moment. Which is why I'm basically silent. It's fortuitous that Tony is chillin' right now because otherwise I'd be slowing things down.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  7. stevenart74

@Golem2God . . .

Your "Narrative Description" sound legit and logical, but You have to do the Rolls that I asked to see HOW MUCH successful it is (such as is Uja able to wear the Stuff BEFORE being eventually spotted by a Drone Sentinel or will be "Interrupted" during the Equipping). . .??

Unless You do ALL catastrophical failures then You SHOULD be able to proceed the Actions as suggested by Your Narrative (no needs of retconning). . .

@Beodren . . .

Asked Me some questions by PM and I answered; should be able to post His Actions and Rolls soon. . .

@inane.imp . . .

Do You want to do some "Support Hacking" to help them both (with the MINIMUM, almost Zero, risk to be somehow "Virtually Located"). . .??

Or You prefer to stay hidden and ready to spring the "Ambush Assault". . . . .???

8. Golem2God

@stevenart74 You're right. I forgot to add any but I'll do better with the next post and beyond. I'm more of the mind of taking the rolls and placing them in the story scene both good and bad. Catastrophic and excellent results will be shown and treated equally much to Uja's chagrin.

9. Golem2God

Just to be clear I'll be going this route keeping with the narrative style of writing over posting the actual result numbers.

10. stevenart74

@Golem2God . . .

Still waiting for the Rolls of Your actions, so I can infer HOW MUCH successful was the serie of acts that You described. . .

Also please put on the map (a simple red "X" is sufficient) where You put the D-Charges and what Sentry Drones are those that You neutralized, so I can regulate when the battle become more pitched. . .

Important is the place of the crates where You believe the Equipement was stashed, as is Uja "Starting Point" when the firefight ensues. . .

@Beodren . . .

Also need Your part of the map, where Alistair and the Cyber-Antipodes killed sentries, put D-Charges and lie in waiting for the "Fireworks" to happen; maybe a different kind of "X" than the RED ones of Uja. . .

@inane.imp . . .

As far I know as soon as Tony will hear Explosions,Your idea was to charge directly on the Boat Offloading Ramps (sturdy Perma-Concrete, able to support the weight of a COUPLE of Guijias, so a Gecko could easily walts on them) and charge the Crate Depot gunning down any visible opponent. . .??

11. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Shall I upload it to map thread or here?

stevenart74 likes this.
  12. stevenart74

I think the Map Thread is the best for that. . .

Beodren likes this.
  13. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Done!

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. stevenart74

@Beodren . . .

That is perfect. . .!!

Now Placements and Rolls of the other Players and, then, will prepare the results of the Enemy Forces to the incursion. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  15. stevenart74

@Golem2God . . .

The Actions that You described seem Logicals and Legits enough. . .

Have You also linked the Dice Roller Code (could be useful to check the Difficulty results and the subsequent generation of Momenutum and EVENTUAL Infinity Points). . .??

Now, when You can, signaling on the Map the exact Sentinels that You took down, the progression of the path of Uja and the Snakewolf, along with the exact placement of the D-Charges and the FINAL position of the Morat could be useful for drawing an accurate situation where the more fierce part of the Battle, after explosions and demolitions, will take place. . .

In that manner both @Beodren and @inane.imp character could draw their own attack plans without risking to "Crossfire" on the same Target or risk to mass all the Players in the same crammed spot. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

Is there a certain program that I should use to accomplish this? I have a Mac so I can't use the Paint program to draw which enemies were taken down and path that was used.

17. stevenart74

Has not a Mac some kind of graphic modification program that could modify Images in .jpeg or other resolutions. . .??

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Golem2God

I found one program that is an equivalent of Paint. It's name is Paintbrush and I've already downloaded it. I'll try to get to the editing soon as possible.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Explosions followed by making a big target out of himself to draw attention. I'll post the specifics when it comes up.

I'll look at posting a Tony POV post now to cover what he's been doing. I'll through in some defensive and minor support actions (eavesdropping on RF transmissions etc) but nothing offensive.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  20. Golem2God

Is this a good enough edit of the map to show what transpired in my last turn?
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the quality but I tried to get this out as soon as possible. As you can see Uja made the mistake of blowing up a hole right where a drone was marching. Looks like he'll need to do a face to face roll to dodge the incoming attack.

stevenart74 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation