1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how's everyone finding it?

Discussion in 'Legendary Bahadurs' started by csjarrat, Feb 22, 2019.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Got the new expansion a few weeks ago and had a couple of games with them. How's everyone finding the new aristos?

Numazokola likes this.
  2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I find Aristeia constantly entertaining. The surprising things than can be done with the new Aristos are amazing. That being said except for Final Boss the other three can be quite fragile so that I would discourage a beginning player to use them but certainly @csjarrat you as a Warcor are not a beginner. I personally discourage players from picking a limited range of characters and using them game after game but I understand the impulse because the possibilities of synergies can be astronomically huge. I like to embrace the mystery and pick randomly although I would not mind banning Mushashi and Wild Bill.

Numazokola and csjarrat like this.
  3. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

I'm thinking in a double sided mod...

Each player picks 4 aristos secretly.

Then you flip a coin (or black dice): heads or shield, each play their own team. Tails or blank, each play the opponent team.

Boom lot of options to play with friends.

4. Roadrunner7431

@Numazokola The more I think about your mod, the more I think that this is an excellent idea. Not just for casual play but for tournaments as well. It satisfies some players' urge to pick the best four character combo but it also tests a player's knowledge of all the characters because of the 50% chance of your playing with the team that your opponent brought to the table. Call it Carano-Cambio, Carano-Exchange or Numazokola Mod.

knlghth00d likes this.
  5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Alternatively, one person cuts, the other chooses the piece.

Croepoek and Numazokola like this.
  6. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

Yes... And if you don't wanna go so hard on luck you can make the same but just with 2 aristos... So at least yo know half of your team.

Carano's luck mod haha

7. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

I've looked at their tactics, and if I recall correctly none of their tactics cards can be used during anyone else's turn except for some of Oberon's. I'm looking forward to getting my Legendary set (lost in shipping - stupid UPS), but as someone who likes to use cards to expand my overall team's abilities they do not seem to be "team players." I don't know if I'd want to have more than two of them on a team (except for Oberon).

So, sounds like they're powerful but with a learning curve?

8. Roadrunner7431

Many players have commented that a team of Oberon, Wild Bill and Hannibal (and some Fourth) will often allow you to cycle through your Tactics deck twice. If you value Tactics as a resource it is a strategy worth testing. The TTS community in the Mainland just finished a four round Tournament where the CorSet was banned and so Legendary Bahadurs saw quite a bit of play. My sense was that Final Boss and Koorie Queen saw the most effective play. Shona was hot and cold and spent a lot of time in the infirmary due to her ordinary defense of just :-::.: and need to get up close and personal as opposed to KQ who tries to keep her distance

Numazokola likes this.
  9. Chikahiro

That just sounds aggravating. Awesome, but aggravating :)

I adore tactics, and so I'd probably be tempted to add in Taowu to rub in the lack of them to my enemy. Not sure if I've got the skill to pull off that team though.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  10. SushiYumYumz

SushiYumYumz Member

The Oberon, Hannibal, Wild bill comp is not a winning team. Fun yes, Effective no

11. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

You clearly haven't played 5 Amputates in one game. :^)

12. Chikahiro

I believe sometimes fun > winning. This was your list if I recall correctly?

13. Roadrunner7431

Each player has their own perspective on this wonderful game. @SushiYumYumz is clearly one of the best tournament players and currently ranked number one in the United States. I believe he has won more than 85% of his games. However the tournament scene is starting only very slowly here in the States. The most active players have only 15 tournament games, @krotos, currently ranked number one in the world, has about forty tournament games under his belt.
    I on the other hand try to learn as much as I can and have great fun when I lose which is often. If you would check the US rankings there are more than 50 players ranked higher than me.

14. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

this is controversial statement. I think that this team is one of the best variant for several scenarios that allows you win a game in first round.

Roadrunner7431, treiral and Croepoek like this.
  15. Roadrunner7431

I would tend to pay attention to advice given by the best player in the world @krotos. However, we all would acknowledge that Tiger Woods knows a lot about golf but it might be difficult to reproduce his success.

16. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

thank you very much for kind words, but I need to dissapoint you, i'm just a lucky one with dices :)
    but we can try to play in TTS with you if you want.

17. Roadrunner7431

@krotos I would very much enjoy playing in TTS with you and I enjoy the fellowship of making a new friend. I live in New Mexico, USA currently GMT -6 and I believe the you are in Moscow which is GMT + 3. Playing on the weekend would make the most sense but this weekend is Easter and I believe that next weekend is Orthodox Easter. Let us keep each other in mind. I love learning new things about this wonderful game.

krotos likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation