1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you use against drones with marksmanship lvl2?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by ChoTimberwolf, Apr 13, 2019.

1. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I was curious what your prefered method is to deal with them. Sukeul hmg, draal ap marksman?

2. Tezzireth

Tezzireth Member

My preferred method is stacking negative mods for the drone while my unit has positive mods. Basically I use good ranges, combined with Mimetism+higherBS/TO Camo/Smoke+MSV2/CombatJump+BoardingShotgun.

A second method I'm using very often is Makauls. They can approach pretty safely by using Eclipse Grenades and then use either Template Weapons (Drones have negative dodge mods) or CC the drone. In my experience this is not as order-efficient as my first method, but using Makauls for this task has a nice side effect: most times they are set in a frightening place for your opponent (so bringing you some other advantages after killing the drone).

Remember Tohaa are not PanO, so we have to pull out all sorts of tricks to win against units having good shooting skills.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

In order of preference, when available:
    - Smoke Combo.
    - Outrange with Sniper/Missile Launcher.
    - Stack modifiers (Sukeul HMG+Nimbus, Clipsos...).
    - Teamplate from close (like the Makaul's Flamethrower).

4. borings

borings Well-Known Member

i just melee them. shooting is either gonna be bad odds, or too order intensive to be worth it to get good odds. or just smoke past the places they can see and kill other people. i think the key is not letting your opponent decide the field of battle, and deciding to shoot at bots with marksman 2 is giving them at least some control

Abrilete likes this.
  5. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I used coord order draal nikoul and kiel all through stratocloud, it actually worked xD

melkiach and RobertShepherd like this.
  6. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

out of range clipso sniper

7. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Sukeul HMG, Sukeul ML, Gao Rael Sniper or Makaul CC

The only real thread is a Dakini link.

8. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I don't take a dedicated unit for beating stuff like this - we don't have one and we don't need it. The common effective Tohaa options have a lot of game against certain ARO pieces, TR bots included. Clipsos, Makaul smoke or Makaul CQB options are typically on scene in my lists to take a stab at the bot. Otherwise we can always just dice it with our gunner links.

9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Recently I've found that the 10 heavy flamethrowers you can field solve most of Tohaa's problems.

n21lv, Hiereth, borings and 1 other person like this.
  10. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

12, you are missing the Rasail's Chaksa. And then we have the Pulzars, the Nanopulsers...
    But there is the problem that you have to get close first.

11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Yes, but that 10 HFT are dirt cheap. Rasail are cool and not at all overpriced (lol), but they still cost around 40pts, so you can't just throw 3 or 4 at a problem, until it disappears. One of the nasty thing about Chaksa/Makauls, is that your opponent can dodge the templates forever (well..), or dispose of your 10/13 pts 1W troops without much problem (while also having their own expensive or important troops burn away at the same time), but there's 3 more coming around the corner. So they are dangerous, expendable, and there's a lot of them.

Also Makauls come with (spoiler alert!) Nimbus smoke, that helps with getting close.

Imo HFT/LFT is a lot better than Pulzars or Nanopulsers, because it has a chance to deal multiple wounds. If you face a pulser, the worst that can happen is that you'll lose a wound, and HIs/TAGs can tank that, and you can just ignore that. But with fire ammo there's a chance that you'll keep on burning. You can't lose a HI or TAG (with extra wounds left) to a mine or chain rifle or whatnot, but you can lose that to a flamethrower in a single order, and that's really really scary. I had Jotums (mine), Maruts (enemy's) burn to a crisp because of flamethrowers.

Also Rasail are AVA 4.

Abrilete likes this.
  12. Insane Cheese

Insane Cheese Member

Eclipse Smoke and bash it with a Makaul, or Eclipse Smoke and walk past its LOF.

Flamers are great, but the BTS templates are pretty decent against stuff you want to just die - admittedly that's basically everything that's not a TAG/HI/REM. There's plenty of ARM 2/3 BTS 0 stuff out there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

borings likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation