1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bachmann & Taunt

Discussion in 'Chemical Brothers' started by HarlequinOfDeath, Apr 13, 2019.

1. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

If Bachmann takes an enemies taunt (for example Maximus') and applies this taunt to another enemy character. What happens then? Can this enemey still attack or is he not allowed performing attacks because he is taunted by a friendly character?

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I believe that we have a ruling that neither Obstacles nor allied characters may be taunted. This came up when Massacre was released as he has his ¡Hey Malpario! active taunt. My guess is that Bachmann's enemy can carry the Taunt but that it has no effect. It could be targeted by Dart in Dendro-nanoids for example or count as a state carried for Tao Wu's Ignorance.

krotos likes this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

I believe that we have a ruling that neither Obstacles nor allied characters may be taunted. This came up when Massacre was released as he has his ¡Hey Malpario! active taunt. My guess is that Bachmann's enemy can carry the Taunt but that it has no effect. It could be targeted by Dart in Dendro-nanoids for example or count as a state carried for Tao Wu's Ignorance.

4. Roadrunner7431

5. Hero of Sparetime

Hmmm.... sounds right, but please @-V- or @zlavin can you confirm it? I think it would be really helpfull if they will bring a FAQ for the Brothers soon... I really don´t like it, that the guys from A! are not available anymore since they work on the new game :-( (imho)

6. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Umm, don't know where did you get that ruling. But that is not true.

Barriers (the only kind of obstacles that we have now)

And for the Taunted State :H::

Targets affected by this State cannot perform Attacks against another Target that is not the Character that has imposed this State.

There is nothing in the rules that said that the Target for a Taunt need to be an Enemy.

So if Massacre use "Hey, Malpario" on an Allie (that he can do becouse is a green Action and not an Attack) the Target will be taunted by Massacre and the Effect will apply. Then the character taunted cannot perform Attacks against another Target and becouse Massacre is an Allie neither he can Attack him.

Now whit Bachmann the same will apply to the others Characters that can impose the Taunted State.

#6 zlavin, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  7. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Thank you @zlavin.

This makes Bachmann even stronger as state controlling character. I really like that duo. Even though I lost against @Hero of Sparetime two times practicing the brothers, I had so much fun playing them. Especially the poison fly by application if you roll dice for brawl or agility creates so funny situations.

8. Roadrunner7431

@zlavin How would you explain a situation where Bachman takes a Taunted state imposed by Massacre on some other character and then puts it on Massacre himself. Does that mean that Massacre cannot attack at all unless he gets that Taunted removed. How would you explain that to his loyal fans. So he sits out a whole activation and flips Taunted to the blue side and then Bachman' ally Eclypse flips it back to red and Massacre sits out a second activation. Something does not seem right with this or am I missing something

9. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Sometimes rules from a game are just hard to translate into a real life situation. This is one of those scenarios where designers choose rules coherency over real simulation.

And then we have this "weird" iterations where a character can be (at some point) Taunted by himself, but I think is the best for the game to have less exceptions and at the same time this kind of plays whit States opens more tactics that can be used.

Hero of Sparetime likes this.
  10. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

@Roadrunner7431 just imagine then a Ryan Reynolds having a monologue to himself. :D

tox likes this.
  11. Roadrunner7431

I guess it would be in Massacre's character to attack himself to send himself into the infirmary to remove the Taunt once and for all.

Croepoek likes this.
  12. Hero of Sparetime

@zlavin Thank you so much for your answer and happy that you still here to answer and help us :-)

13. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

If you want to take it into Real Life scenario, I can totally see Massacre flaming a team mate that is underperforming. :laughing:

14. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

See, Bachman takes a state and imposes it elsewhere. I believe it says he imposes it! Bachman taking Taunt and Imposing it on Massacre - as I read it - means Massacre has been taunted by Bachman and must attack him.

(edited because typing on an iPhone SE's keyboard stinks)

#14 Chikahiro, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  15. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

At the same time in the AGL you are not allowed to use different markers than those provided by CB. There is no Bachmann taunt so far.

I got your point but as @zlavin mentioned nothing prevents you from applying taunt to friendly characters or switch it them by Bachmann.

treiral likes this.
  16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That's my reading of it as well.

Bachman's Inoculate specifically says that he is imposing the State on the Target.

Taunted State is very clear that the Character who imposed the State is the only one who can be attacked:
    "Targets affected by this State cannot perform Attacks against another Target that is not the Character that has imposed this State."
    My emphasis.

Zewrath likes this.
  17. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

@ijw I think you are right but at the same time I ask myself what was the interaction CB intented. We don't even have an official marker for that taunt if Bachmann is supposed to impose that taunt and not just change the state but at the same time the origin of the state.

treiral likes this.
  18. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

When is the official release date, anyhow? I couldn't buy any of the pre-release Chemical Brothers, so I'm quite curious to see what Bachmann does come with.

The idea of Bachmann being the Imposer of Taunt is interesting since it means the player does have to be careful with things.

19. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

I'm on board with Bachmann being the taunter.

Flipswitch, AdmiralJCJF and Zewrath like this.
  20. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

The official release should be at the end of the month.

Played two matches with Bachmann already. He is an awesome state controller. Didn't even switch the Taunt so far, was just curious about it. It is already enough to switch all the other states and apply all time your poison switch. We need more poison tokens for sure. ;)

Same for his brawl and agility with the shield and therefore auto-switch. I poisoned a Laxmee to death who moved away from Bachmann.

I think he will be a fixed pick for my next starting line-ups.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation