1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A QK Holotrick for Yuan suprise

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Itwastuesday, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Itwastuesday

Itwastuesday Member

Deploy 3 Hafza as Yuan Yuan. The opponent won't think that there would be any AD threats, as he already sees the maximum allotment of Yuan Yuan and doesn't deploy with the idea that he would need to guard against that.

Proceed to rain noodles from the sky and use a command token to form a core team of Hafza, Ghulam and Odalisques.

Kikka 7
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    HAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    HAFZA Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    ODALISQUE Submachine gun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
    HAFZA Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    HAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    DJANBAZAN (Fireteam: Haris) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    ODALISQUE Submachine gun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

k104agi, Zewrath and b1ackheart like this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It sort of works, but a Combat Group of seven troopers will be very suspicious... ;-)

3. b1ackheart

b1ackheart Well-Known Member

I will have to steal this idea, i really want to shoehorn in the Ghulam NCO though

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Deploy 1 Bashi Bazouk in holoecho state. Until your first turn starts, you do not place the Holoecho markers, and he is disguised as Yuan Yuan.

DukeofEarl, Ariwch and Zewrath like this.
  5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

If you want to actually rain Yuans from the sky, you might want to use EVO and make sure this is your Firefight list.
    Depending on how you will tackle the rest of your listbuilding, You can then add AVA of Fanous and maybe a Rafiq into the list for some orders, ARO with Overclock and maybe to make some Sensor sweeps.

That way you are getting a defensive setup, some suicide AD that is semi-reliable at deploying through combat jump, maybe smoke for your Djans (can now go into a mixed Core or a Haris if you wish which is awesome in terms of flexibility), all for 100-something pts. Sometimes even Sat-Lock may be useful in case your opponent has super-jumping link and terrain favors him. So you could look at LGL option if you don't settle on Djan in your Core, although you may be able to reform your links later, what's with a ton of wildcards you have.

Frankly, this list may end up being too light on offense (especially if this is Firefight where you will have to kill everything and maybe do some heavy work in the middle), but can do okay if all that cheap garbage you bring bogs your opponent down, depending on what he brings.

Another "problem" is that you have a lot of misc. options, making it hard to chose.

6. Itwastuesday

Itwastuesday Member

@ijw : Yeah, it's a suspicious thing altogether, especially when I tell that the deployed units are 7 points under 300 and missing a full scw. And the lack of a core team deployed but these seemingly random units deployed in what could be fireteam coherency. But if it fails, it just means -1 command token and more conservative YY use. Mostly I want to do this because it will be so funny if it works :)

@b1ackheart : The ghulam NCO would definitely go to most of my lists if I just had a ghulam model with a grenade launcher :(

@xagroth : I don't follow. I rather like a hafza FO instead of bashi if the AD deployment isn't used.

@Barrogh : I have a great deal of trust in the burst weapons of both fireteams. The djan haris has MSV2 HMG and shock rifle + the SMG the Odalisque brings, while the mixed core moves up with a spitfire/SMG or sometimes a missile launcher in the active turn (likely in the second turn as the Yuans will consume orders in the first).

7. b1ackheart

b1ackheart Well-Known Member

It's an underslung grenade launcher like the Hunzakut model has, so I'm either going to use that or beef up the underslung shotgun on a regular Ghulam model using thin polystyrene tube and modeling putty

8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's not so much their inadequacy (they are okay), but losing a few key pieces may hurt, and also you may encounter issues against slingshotting opponent because they aren't great at advancing and surviving after that. Other than that it's kind of a list I would try. Seems fun.

9. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Any crappy bead store will have them by the millions .

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

One single Bashi can look like 3 Yuan Yuan... until your first turn (in which you have to deploy the real Yuan Yuan or pay a regular order per Yuan to avoid AD, and place the holoecho markers) and costs 12 points Vs 16*3 of the Hafza.

Section9 likes this.
  11. Itwastuesday

Itwastuesday Member

@b1ackheart : Yeah, the NCO is probably worth doing a conversion for. Smoke grenade launcher, couldn't ask for anything else at this point for QK.

@Barrogh : Oh, yeah, certainly. I find it often the case when I play QK. In those times it's time for an Al-Hawwa to do heroics with a boarding shotgun, or something like that.

@xagroth : I read the holoecho rules again and realized you're right. That's even better, have to rework the list now.

xagroth likes this.
  12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

A 1:35 scale M203 launcher does fine as an underbarrel GL for a Ghulam (or a number of other Infinity models, actually), I did that conversion to a 1ed. Ghulam years ago :)

toadchild likes this.
  13. k104agi

k104agi Well-Known Member

@Itwastuesday I love this!! very imaginative and daring, I definitely gonna try this :the_horns:

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I used a piece of 0.040"/1mm plastic rod to make Batou's MultiLGL. And shit, I think Botofukkit just purged all my old pictures!

15. Chazrael

Chazrael New Member

You need to be a bit careful with holo projector / holo echo shenanigans to make sure Infinity Army courtesy lists don't give you away.

Currently the courtesy lists show the actual order count and type for each order group not the apparent count and type after holo-echos, ie an order group of 1 bashi bazouk appearing as 3 ghulam will show the order group as having 1 irregular order not 3 regular

Xeurian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation