1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crits and New Symbiomates

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by DukeofEarl, Apr 9, 2019.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Unfortunately the Wiki is the be all and end all of the rules. (at least according to the very people arguing they are the official representatives of CB)

deltakilo likes this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@DukeofEarl @ijw

You'll notice in the effects box that it says the SymbioMate "provides its user" with a series of effects, then in the sentence we've been talking about previously it says the SymbioMate "must be used" in a series of circumstances - if it's not used, it's not going to provide those effects.

daboarder likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Formatting on the wiki page has been corrected.

4. Hecaton

Doesn't change the issue I just pointed out.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No, but given that that's already been covered multiple times in the thread, what's your point?

A Mão Esquerda and GeeksHikeToo like this.
  6. Hecaton

That you seem to be forcing a rules interpretation that isn't confirmed by CB.

Do you play Tohaa or something?

7. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

And now you've just become insulting toward IJW...

@ijw i really admire your capacity to keep cool under raining fire...

8. Hecaton

The fact that Tohaa are the faction most optimized for competitive play means there's likely *someone* in the development process who's a huge Tohaa fanboy. Still wondering who that is.

9. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I just love how Tohaa got a pretty significant nerf making mates way less effective but makes the bearer immune to flash pulse so we are still overpowered...I can't even remember the last time a unit with mate got hit by flash pulse and flash pulse is extremly cheap...and we are not the only one with total immunity but still we are overpowered...I think the only way you guys won't be salty about Tohaa anymore if Tohaa gets deleted

Abrilete and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  10. Hecaton

Flash pulses are a significant part of ARO game for some factions; it's not an insignificant benefit.

It all comes back to the idea that Total Immunity makes the bearer immune to non-lethal attacks sans E/M; that was probably a mistake.

11. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I also think its a mistake that mates make the bearer immun to flash pulse but if you whole aro is a bunch of 3 and 8 point units I don't think that makes Tohaa OP. I am happy the mates got a change and I hope for a clearer wording of the new rules.
    Also I am sorry for helping derail this post once again.

DukeofEarl and RobertShepherd like this.
  12. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Where does this conspiracy theory come from ??
    Is it a reason to talk to someone like you did because he's defending his POV about a RULE and not a FACTION ?

Which is being thouroughly discussed, specially when it comes to try stoping angry hordes of antipodes... Who's complaining about the antipodes, new shinny power and the need to use silver ammo to kill them ? I fully agree that TI as written is controversial, but this is a separate discussion.

13. Hecaton

It's not just 3 and 8 point models who are supposed to defend themselves with Flash Pulses; 40+ point umbras have them as well, Sun Tze has them, etc.

Since Total Immunity isn't spread around evenly (neither is the ability of factions to defend themselves with flash pulses) this is more of a boost to the factions with TI attack pieces, especially long range ones, rather than a nerf to flash pulses, now that I think about it.

14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Nice, so in the end the rules was kinda iffy written.

Hurrey to the rules correction :)

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If some people can claim they know what are the intentions and interpretations of the rules, @ijw and myself are some of the few, this is explaining, not forcing.

Can you please stop attributing malice to people who want to help clarify things?

16. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Antipodes do not have Total Immunity, only doge do.

And what is OP is spamming 3 or 8 pts flash ARO that you can set out to be shot at and not mind losing any of them at all. Cheap orders, way too cheap ARO that once Flashes a model, you can't doctor / engineer them out of that state for the rest of the turn.

It's ridiculous that these people are whining about having to actually shoot and risk proper models in ARO versus warband models that HAVE TO push their line because that's ALL they can do.

RobertShepherd and ev0k like this.
  17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Nah, it's just that we don't want to pour about 6-7 hits or more on a single Dog Warrior, when the first wound turns it into a 2 wounds melee monster. They carrying smoke and being so good ad dodging makes them too good as harrassing troops.

Also a lot of people want to have orders in a package that is more than just "make a list with -8pts per extra order"

And finally, can the tins... the real blow is how the Warcor stops being the TOP unit of the whole game, becoming now the número 2 :p

Hachiman Taro and RobertShepherd like this.
  18. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Sorry i have trouble with canine breed : you're right it's the doggos, not the antipodes :sweat:

solkan likes this.
  19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Look, this is just a case of CB paying homage to the Souls series.

Learn. To. Hate. Dogs.

RobertShepherd and Goonhammer like this.
  20. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Or love'em. If you couldn't tell by my avatar / sig :P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation