1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rui Shi in a 5 man link - Dahshat is best hat

Discussion in 'General' started by Jonno, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

The fact you're deploying 7+ 40mm bases without being absolutely punished means this line of thinking is probably just a leeeeeettle flawed.

You guys must looooove warbands like ghazi.... total immunity wolves are going to be pretty fun too :P

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

There is literally no skill "Fireteam: Core" in any rule book or PDF.
    That it shows up in Army despite not being a thing has been known since before I started playing 3 years ago.

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

As someone who deploys 20+ model lists with that sort of thing going on, you put them at the back of the table in the open. People leave them alone, it's too order intensive to go hunting them for the value it returns. You consider the extra orders like a disposable ARO piece, if someone shoots it you expect it to die, but on the way it wastes an order for a turn and buys you room to go hard with your own stuff.

I will regularly leave Pangulings and stuff in the open. They get left alone by the opponent because Kuang Shi and Monks rushing headfirst at the enemy are way higher up on the initial threat scale (I would prefer you spend an order shooting a Panguling than a Monk or Kuang Shi any day of the week), and then later in the game when orders are becoming scarce the mission parameters are still far higher in importance than trying to hunt down orders at the back of the table.

4. Verso

Verso Active Member

Solid point, picking off the REMs also assumes your opponent goes first. In any game where you go first the army wreaks so much havoc there is no chance they have to the Orders to run through your backfield unless you're against a VERY specific composition. Also who's to say you aren't asking your own questions in their Active Turn, a Ghulam Link isn't a freely ignored target or anything.

The point is you can take as few or as many Orders as you want almost regardless of Active Turn pieces. That's a big strength whether you use it or not.

5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

The only time you want to kill cheerleaders in 20+ lists is when you can target them with templates. Otherwise its more effective to kill the key attack pieces.

Zewrath, Maksimas and oldGregg like this.
  6. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This isn't just about having your stuff shot. More models means its harder to avoid templates and people can use the weak models to hit stronger models or markers with better MODs.

I struggle to see how spending 1 order which kills 2-3 of your regular orders is "inefficient". Unless your table is so dense that even "in the open" means spending orders just to get LoF to each one. Theres not having LoF between DZs and theres having so much obstruction that long lanes are in the single digits.

7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Nah, I think he just means he spreads out those orders as best he can. Some tables, such as those with rooms and multi-levels are better at this than others. But that goes for any kind of list. Theres a reason people like shotguns so much. Those templates are invaluable vs order spam.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You've seen my tables so you're best able to judge how the density compares to your own. You deploy the models so they're not grouped for templates, there's no need to be sitting within blast range of other models. The only way to kill 2-3 of my models per 1 of your orders is to risk multiple AROs at a time which is another kettle of fish.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

And regular Domaru get to 32 as well. CC23, +3 for MA3, +6 for Berserk = CC32. = Critting on 8+.

Because whoever was putting that into Army screwed up.

It's not even consistent between who has it listed and who doesn't!

Jonno likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I will say the Rui Shi was awesome on Saturday when I tried it out. McMurder was throwing down smoke and the Rui Shi with Marksmanship come up and took down three unidrons and an E-Drone. However I did need to take out a Maakrep MSV2 Sniper to do it. So, with the Marksman it was hitting on 18s most of the time. Others might be able to do this but then there was the smoke making any shooting back -6 without sixth sense.

11. Raising

Raising Member

And if you are in their control zip be you can force them to only dodge with -3 with your first half order as move

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation