1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taowu and Confusion: how tricky is it?

Discussion in 'Smoke & Mirrors' started by Chikahiro, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

So I was reading a thread on Hannibal and his Tactic card <Audible>. I've never used it before, so I never considered how to use it. But, after reading that, the idea of allowing a character to go twice in a round is sort of neat. Likewise, having a tool to deal with sudden changes in situation isn't bad either.

But, Taowu has its mirror Tactic. Rearrange two of your opponent's initiative cards? Well, that's interesting. However, looking at it, it seems sort of risky.

You may end up giving one character a chance to act twice. Maybe that's ideal if they have certain negative states on them such as Burning or Poison, but it seems like there's a need to consider who you want to risk that with. So who you pop it on is a concern as much as when.

When matters as well depending on how flexible a situation is. I wouldn't expect anyone to use it in the first round, but like a number of things it seems like it has increased power as the game progresses. So, timing is two fold between which round and then when in the initiative order you spring it.

The trick with the initiative order is not only my first point (someone might go twice), but also the earlier in the order you use it the less you know about it. You could end up putting yourself at an initiative disadvantage if you do it too early, so waiting gives you ideas/better odds about their line up. But then the longer you wait the greater the odds of having to have someone get a second run in a round.

I'll be honest... I look at that card and I see a lot of potential, but am unsure about it as a result. Thoughts?

2. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

I think the "ideal" use is to swap a character who hasn't been yet for someone who activated but who is on the bench.
    Effectively making them lose two characters turns.

Kaloupilé likes this.
  3. Kaloupilé

Kaloupilé Member

I think it's better to see that tactics as : an ennemy chahracter will not play in this round.
    you opponent isn't prepare to play twice a character but more of that he is not prepare to don't play a character.

In my opinion the "ideal" use is :

about Round 3 or 4

an enemy character is on the bench AND an ennemy character is near to be kill

Turn 1:
    your opponent will probably play the character who is near to die in first
    you focus that aristo in the first turn, you play the turn befor him (because you have more initiative)
    you kill him before he can play and he will go to the infirmary

Turn 2:
    you play dat tactics and swap the first initiave card with the last initiave card (position 4)
    I think(hope) your opponent's character on the bench will be on the last initiative card

Why did i choose the last initiative card?
    most of the time when i have a character on the bench i play him on the last moment. Because at this moment every character have played, and like that you can return on the ideal deployment zone.

Sorry for my english.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation