1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambush Camo / Decoy

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Bämmo, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Bämmo

Bämmo New Member

Hey Folks,

I have a question concerning the additional camo markers you're allowed to place when playing with ambush camo or with decoys.
    Are you allowed to say, when those markers would receive an ARO to camo markers of the adversary, to delay the ARO? Or do you immediately have to say, that it does nothing (cause it can't)?
    If the letter is the case you would more or less tell your adversary, that it's only a decoy / marker that can't harm him.

Thx
    Max

2. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

only troopers can have an ARO. also troopers can delay their ARO's only in particular cases.
    UPD: & welcome to the Forum!

ijw likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

To expand on JoKeR's post, you'd just say 'this marker/decoy/whatever doesn't declare a reaction'.

4. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Regarding ambush camo : I always play them with mass camo list, so when I declare no ARO, I'm not specific to who is not AROing. I just say things like "no marker with LoF on you choose to ARO" or simply "no ARO"

If you want to keep the mindgame active, it's better to be vague when you can

5. Bämmo

Bämmo New Member

Perhaps you have opponents that want you to be more specific what each marker is doing... An if not, your loosing the opportunity to delay - which might be useful...
    But nevertheless - I see your point!

6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It's just like the situations with holo-echos; or camo markers that may or may not be mines.

If a trooper activates 20" away from a camo marker and declares Discover against it, all you have to say is "Yeah, it can see you and no it doesn't declare an ARO." That's not giving anything away. That's logic of:
    • If it's a mine, it couldn't react anyway (since it's well out of template range).
    • If it's a trooper, Discover at 20" away is usually WIP-3 or so. You're betting on winning a coin toss.
    There isn't any more exact or more explicit to get about what each camo marker is doing other than that. "Yes, that marker has line of fire. No, it's not declaring ARO."

Of course, according to the FAQ if you're using the "Delay ARO" option, you do have to declare that, it's not automatic and not the same as not declaring an ARO.

But that's as far as it goes. Your reasons for why you didn't declare an ARO remain your own. And whether it saves time to say "Yes, it can see you, and, no, it takes no ARO" for each camo marker is a personal and local collective discovery.

xagroth likes this.
  7. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Passing note that discover at 31 inches, 20 inches, and 9 inches occur the same range mods.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation