1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about that Dahshat mercenary company, huh?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. LuAn

LuAn New Member

same, I wanted to start IA, but now I'm going directly to Dahshat.

2. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Better even if you consider 12 point link filling wildcards and that the Rui SHi can join them.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm going to play Dahshat and it makes no sense to me either. They had no need for it at all. I don't think they should have gotten any TacAware!

4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I would not compare Dashat with IA but that they can now have the full Zuyong core of IA seems not like good game-balancing. In fact the Dashat Zuyong core is even better with Ru Shi and cheap fillers.

I remember Bostria talk about IA in one of the Satillite clips and pointed out that with tac aware and nco it would be possible to play 10 or even less minis with 11+ orders. Dasaht is a army with lot of cheap order-monkeys, now they get the TA-HMG on top, that makes for order spam par exellence.

But I will continue to paint my IA and play it the hard way ;-)

krossaks likes this.
  5. Space Ranger

The one thing about the ZY link in Dahshat is that it can fill up on SWC very fast. You can only have 4 Zuyong period. To make it a 5-man core you must take a Wildcard. It’s always going to be tempting to take the Rui Shi just because. That’s 1.5 SWC. Then .5 for Combi-Tinbot TA. Then either want Lt. HMG for 1 SWC or TA HMG for 2. Before you know it, all of your SWC is sunk into them. You can keep cost down by adding a squishy ABH but as I said, squishy.

Another thing about Dahsat is all the fat-ass bases. Good luck hiding behind terrain with those!

6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

To be fair though, those SWC are very well spent. A Core Linked Rui Shi with Tinbot protection and TA for order fuel is a scary thing to behold, even if it's many eggs in one basket.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You can also keep costs down by using Miranda to make a target you don't typically shoot first at. Or keep costs down and use Lucien, who pretends to be Miranda or who pretends to be another Zuyong.

8. Space Ranger

Good points on both. Can holo 1 duplicate ODD?

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yes and no. It gets really technical and I can't fully remember the solution to it. I think the lack of ODD is private info until your opponent actually hits you, but you won't be able to benefit from the ODD MOD, that's for sure.

10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The TacAw HMG is only 1.5 SWC. Dahshat got the SWC discount for Zuyongs as well. Personally I plan not to use the Rui Shi with the Zuyong link, it makes it clunky and difficult to manouvere. What I would do is use it to suicide out with 4 ABH with it deal as much damage as possible. Then Reform a Zuyong link behind it and attack with that.

Something like this

Dahshat Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
    ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    BRAWLER (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    BRAWLER Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    DOZER Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    KUM Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

To be clear. I like Dahshat Company. It conforms more to my particular tastes than IA and I plan to build and paint all of my IA starter pack Zuyongs for a Dahshat scheme. However, I also find IA to be competitive in other areas such as Haidao both the MSV2 and KHD, and LT options. IA have much better options with the Daoying being both simply more effective and harder to hunt and kill.

I also after using him on the table actually like the Mowang alot, which is odd given how meh I was about him initially. The main thing the Mowang has brought that has given me options to play with is his nature as an effective attacking bruiser whilst keeping the SWC cost extremely low. Allows me to build very different lists with him like putting 3 TR bots on the table for example.

#230 Triumph, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  11. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very much agree with this!

Zuyong Haris? Sure.
    Zuyong HMG, maybe even with the Automedikit? Sure.

Tactical Awareness should represent training together so much that everyone in the team knows how everyone is going to react in a situation. That's not something mercenary forces get. Hell, that's not something most units in the US military get!

Equipment is easy to buy. Individual skills can also be bought.

Team skills aren't something easily bought, not even in the US military. It takes multiple years working together to do develop that 'telepathy'.

Zewrath and the huanglong like this.
  13. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Frankly I'm much less enthused about Dashat now. It really feels like they're stepping all over IA's toes now =(

14. XPerson

XPerson Member

Dahshat doesn't even have NCO, lv2, good wildcards and mobile mini TAG. How people suddenly act like its the end of the world?

Zuyong link doesn't even all IA have and its still lack of Taisheng NCO shenanigans with Daoying in Dahshat.

15. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

This isn't OK.

Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  16. Triumph

What I think IA didn't get, and should have, was Eclipse Grenades. If you gave me a Shang Ji SMG/Eclipse Grenade profile limited to IA and not Vanilla that alone would make things very interesting.

Section9, IAGO242 and the huanglong like this.
  17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Actually they do. And his name is Sforza.

18. Triumph

I actually think one of the worst possibly uses of Sforza is as a wildcard. The Zuyongs really don't need much help in the murderating department they've kinda got that one down pat.

If you stick him in a link he doesn't catch shit off guard. Your opponent is on guard around links and will spend orders to defend himself either by falling back or setting up defenses. The best use of him is to fake a weak flank so your opponent overextends and/or doesn't spend extra orders defending himself. Then surprise counter attack with Sforza.

ObviousGray likes this.
  19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Doesn't need LT2 and NCO when you can make a ~25 order list with two full combat groups!

20. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

It makes sense with the fluff that they get the tactical awareness. @Section9 it talks about how these guys are former IA soldiers who are also Uighurs and left the IA and wanted to join the private sector for reasons such as the higher pay and not a ton of options for people with their skill set. Also talks about how the Uighurs (I'm spelling it wrong I'm sure) feel way closer to haqq citizens than yu jing citizens and how they don't get treated great by the han majority. But yeah it specifically talks about these guys being professional soldiers from Uighur divisions of the invincible army. The dahshat company is able to get the same powered armor off the private market.

I don't see what the huge problem is with this. Is really such a huge fluff deal for people if dahshat is good or does some things that IA does? Hell play Dahshat but say you're a Uighur division of the IA. I'd proxy the zhanshi as ghulams. If you wanna go full out stumpy heavy infantry 10 model list with like 15 orders play standard IA but if you wanna play a lighter more mobile force you can say its IA working with some other faction of YJ or what ever you want. Hell you can probably make a pretty good all YJ force in dahshat with not much proxying. Who's to say these bounty hunters arent from yj and saito at one point was a YJ citizen right? Is the faction team label really that important to you guys?

Space Ranger likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation