1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about that Dahshat mercenary company, huh?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I need a sad emoji reaction button :(

Maksimas likes this.
  2. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't say I'm overly happy with this update.

3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

It almost feels like an intended face-slap.

We were able to maintain cool despite some rag-tag mercs take one of IA's selling points...

Now they got our top dog. LOL.

4. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

So should we call this secto The Invincible Fruit Basket now?

5. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

The Invincible Salad

Section9 and Barrogh like this.
  6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I feel the YJ part of Dashat feel wildly out of place anyway. It's probably mostly due to aesthetics, but something about this irks me to no end. I know these are supposed to be Uyghur troops but it just doesn't seem right that these are comprised of some of the newest toys of YJ, like the Zhencha, Hulang and Zuyong Fireteams.

Add to that the exculusive Zuyong/Rui Shi fireteam which should really be in IA and you've completely lost me.

Otherwise I really like Dashat and I'd have loved to see new Kaplans in there instead of the Zuyong.

Barrogh and Tibooper like this.
  7. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Ok, if they have time to continue tweaking the Dashat, at the cost of Invincible losing part of their identity,they'd better take their time to add some improvements to Invincible, a sectorial so heavily punished with limitations that it's starting to feel outdated.

Rui Shi wildcard in Invincible, when? :P
    And fix the damned Shang Ji and Guijia.

8. LuAn

LuAn New Member

Is this in line with the Army PDF? or is there none for Dahshat?

also, how does the fluff explain this?
    I mean why would person X from faction Y which its super duper equipment/training from that faction with hardcore indoctrination since birth/childhood/convicition, join a bunch of rag tag mercenary forces?

#208 LuAn, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

There is none for Dashat, was the first I have done when I read about it.

10. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Now we can wait for White Banner without any IA distractions and hope it won't be obsolete 3 months after release. There is a chance that CB will slightly update IA with Krit release. I don't care about guija. I want shang ji to be useful.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  11. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

At this point it almost feels like they knew IA would be barely functionnal and purposefully designed dashat as a back-up sectorials for zuyongs to increase sales.

I mean, seriously, the dashat zuyong team doesn't even have to choose between hacking protection and MSV2 goodness for their fireteam, they can have both!

Dahshat Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

ZÚYŎNG (Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)

5.5 SWC | 151 Points

Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG]

12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

This is not the first time I hear about invincible salads...

Well, they have only one Shang-Ji sculpt, and it's old enough I'm not even sure if it's still in production.
    At the same time, there's hardly a reason to have yet another line HI.
    Sooo no reason to fix their profiles :P

Frankly, between CB druze-ing IA, slightly homogenizing some other factions, releasing those questionable Shas and especially Haqq things, I feel like Daedalus is probably the worst thing that happened to this game since I've joined in 2017.

It looks almost like GW took over and, among other things, brought younger version of Matt Ward to write new armies.

Hey guys, anyone needs a fine collection of Haqq minis, plus most of new IA-related (and 100% dashat-compatible) minis? Almost all are assembled, some of them primed, the package comes in plastic boxes with foam trays.
    :P

#212 Barrogh, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    oldGregg likes this.
  13. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Sorry to bother, but is there an update I didn't hear about? Are there changes coming to Dahshat already?

14. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

@Joametz Little army update, Dashat now has access to the tactical awareness zuyong HMG.

15. ObviousGray

They now have access to ENTIRE Zuyong profiles which IA boasted about. :(

16. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Yes, I'm seeing that TA HMG right now lol. Well that's cool IMO, you can build 21 orders lists:

Can I haz bigger DZ pls?

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
    DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Imagine trying to bring a list like this to Power Pack...

17. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Seriously, it's the HMG TacAwr profile what makes the difference as it automatically allows to have an extra order generating heavy gunner. Thanks to that Dashat can now run both an aggressive core and aggressive haris in the same way as IA, but allowing for more flexibility. Thanks to the Rui Shi repeater, which is a unit far more reliable to link than IA's Panguling FTO, you can have Valeria in the other link and still extend her influence. Really, if they are going to keep the HMG Tac Awar profile then the Zuyong AVA should be reduced to 2.

Invincible "Dashat" Army

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    MIRANDA ASHCROFT Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 23)
    VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    KUM Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 10)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    LIBERTO (CH: Mimetism) Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    LIBERTO (CH: Mimetism) Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Tibooper and Sedral like this.
  18. ObviousGray

All these Dashat rosters are great. consequently my zeal for IA diminishes.

Yeah I know its a childish ranting, but many people including myself had waited for honorable Invincibles in action.

I was happy for their final releases, had some good time with it. I wanted that army shine just like ISS did. Impervious gaming style, the good old army and most importantly, uniqueness.

Zuyong TA HMG was the lynchpin of IA uniqueness if you ask me; They can use Zuyongs, yeah, if it fits the fluff but well..

All those Dashat lists are cool, and maybe someday I'll be tempted to play it myself.

Still, I waited IA.. I will still play it.. But it is bitter to see our long waited sectorial considered 'outshined'.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, if the other units in Dahshat are good, then it makes sense that the other units in IA that Dahshat doesn't have also have to be good, but most of IA's unique profiles play second fiddle to Zuyong.

Ergo, IA's other profiles need to get optimized. Shang-Ji should be a major selling point of the sectorial, Zhencha need to be able to run and good to rin at high AVA, Liu Xing need to be good enough not to be a gimmick (read: really expensive solo Zuyong), and there needs to be a point and atttaction running Guijia that is reasonably explained through the rules.
    Daoying and Haidao can't be the sole draws, they're good but they are no Su-Jian, Proxies, Noctifiers nor Fiday.

As it is, Ghulam have better optimized gear and stats than Zhanshi, the Zhanshi Doctor and Engineer can't link, and the extended AVA on combat remotes are stand alone - and as such eclipsed by Zuyong, as well.

20. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I'm not sure if I should be impressed that it only took one major army release for this to happen already or disappointed that it only took one major army release for this to happen already.

Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation