1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cadmus-Seed and hacking

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Magnetkopf, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Magnetkopf

Magnetkopf New Member

Can a cadmus-seed be target of hacking and can he hack back (not that this would be of much use with wip 0)?

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

upload_2019-4-1_10-7-47.png
    If you print a Cadmus hacker, his Sees has the KHD. Hacking is a valid skill against/for a Cadmus Hacker in Seed Embryo State.
    (disclaimer: if the KHD is not a bug of Army!)

Note that being WIP 0 you can try only Maestro or Skullbuster and hope to roll 3 or less, the other programs don't have modifiers and with WIP 0 they are not usable.

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

According to the profiles PDF, the hacking device is for the developed profile.

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Ok, we have 3 things to check.
    Cadmus KHD (Seed w/KHD), Seed Soldier FO (Seed w/FO), Seed Soldier Paramedic (Seed w/MediKit)
    @Koni @Zoe

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Erh... I think you can't declare a Hacking Attack against an enemy camo/TO camo marker. So the only thing that you get is that the Camo has the Hackable characteristic?

Remember, however, that Jammers can declare Intuitive Attack against enemy markers...

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

This is correct. The EI Killer Hacker should only be on the Developed Form.

xagroth likes this.
  7. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You wouldn't even know that, as everything about a camo marker apart from S and group is private IIRC.

8. ijw

This is the Cadmus which has Decoy, not the Seed-Soldiers with Limited Camouflage.

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

em it is an army bug all cadmus seeds should be the same.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The Hackable characteristic is not listed as private information, and has been mentioned before. Picture this, of you want:

• I have a TO AHD (let's say mk2 proxy) in Hidden Deployment in the middle of the table. It's in the middle of a building and prone, so no LoF to the ground.
    • An enemy TO goes by its side, clearly inside the Mk2's ZoC. The first Short order is move, the second *will* be firing his Swiss-issued HMG against my Dakini link, targeting a Deva I left exposed intentionally.
    • Problem: if I don't know for sure the model is hackable, I cannot declare Delay with my Mk2. So I would let the Swiss to fire (generating an ARO for my Deva), and then Oblivion him unopposed?

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Given TO has stealth, you cannot declare ARO until their second short skill so the example is not valid.

12. ijw

It's a TO Camouflaged marker, why can't you delay your ARO?

Assuming Stealth wasn't used anyway.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah, unless Stealth is not used, the example makes no sense. So let's assume the PanO player is not using Stealth, since he would gain nothing positive from it in this example...

Again, Hackable is an Obligatory characteristic, and not classified as Private Information (thus being public), so /shrug.

14. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've managed to spend the last 6 years blundering my way through games getting this wrong, thanks for the correction!

15. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

BS and ARM are also not Private Info (thus is public) and there is nothing optional in those stats (thus mandatory attribute characteristics). I'd argue MOV, BS, PH, ARM, Hackable, Combi Rifle, and all that is all covered under "The contents of your Camouflage and TO Camouflage Markers."

16. ijw

I have no idea what rules argument you are trying to make.

The active trooper is a TO Camo marker, therefore you can delay your ARO. That has nothing to do with Open/Private Information, or the Hackable Characteristic.

You do not know the Hackable Characteristic of anything under a TO Camo marker, because:

These pieces of information are Private in Infinity:
    • The contents of your Camouflage and TO Camouflage Markers.
    • Contenido de los Marcadores de Camuflaje y Camuflaje TO.
    The only thing you know about the TO marker is it's Silhouette and (via FAQ) it's Combat Group.

Are you getting confused with Hackable and Holoprojectors?

Robock likes this.
  17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

@xagroth You're probably thinking about these two rules (which I don't think we've quite clearly had an answer from the devs regarding whether the first one applies to a holo trooper nor whether we should consider hackers to have the Hackable characteristic);
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Advan...Devices_and_Hacking_Programs:_Characteristics
    "They automatically identify whether a figure—but not a Marker—inside the Hacker's Hacking Area is targetable by a specific Hacking Program."

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Holoprojector#Holoprojector_L1
    "However, in Holoprojector L1 state the Hackable Characteristic is considered Open Information when the trooper is inside the Hacking Area of an enemy."

ijw likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation