1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many Aragoto, is too many Aragoto?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Sath, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Sath

Sath New Member

I have been deliberating over whether to start with miniatures again, and I realised I like quite a few sculpts from Yu Jing, having gone cold on Nomads and their crazy crazy Bakunin Sectorial.

After agonising over how Imperial Service couldn't take some of the cooler Japanese Sectorial models, and the latter not being able to take Su-Jians or Kanren for their holoprojector and hacking ability, I settled on losing out on the core fireteam options, and built what I feel to be a stable 150 vanilla list for an as-of-yet undetermined set of missions later this month at my local gaming centre.

But the thought struck me:

The JSA can take Asuka as a Lt. and I like Aragoto. So I then mushed her and 4 Aragoto into one list.

At what point does taking 'all' the bikers, become 'too many' bikers?

2. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

There is no such thing as too many bikers.

I have found, however, that this style of list tends to either win big, or lose big. There's almost no in-between.

Fool, Sath, dulydude and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I would say 5 Aragoto (not counting Asuka and Yojimbo) is too many.

4. Sath

Sath New Member

Fabulous!

Winning or losing hard is the way I like it. Removes any nagging doubt and paranoia over whether a situation is salvageable or not; it is what it is, then I can move onto the next big unnecessary gamble :yum:

gru6y and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  5. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

There is no such thing as too many Aragotos!

Just look how nicely this bike-gang fit into 150 points:

[​IMG] Japanese Sectorial Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] ASUKA KISARAGI Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)
    2.5 SWC | 149 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

fully agree... it is fun to play, but such list wins big or loose badly (and the game most probably will be quite quick)

T. Rex Pushups and Sath like this.
  6. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

If I want a balanced list I'd usually stray away from more than 2 bikes (Yojimbo not included...he always gets a spot in my JSA...he earned it!)

However we're talking bikes here...so rule of cool > everything, and thus there can never be enough bikes. I recently played a max Bike Vanilla list and it did quite well...just give it a try until you found your sweet spot! ^^

7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I think the real question is how often you get one over another :yum:

8. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

after building two bikes, I skipped the plan to build more :angry:

9. Sath

Sath New Member

Hah yeah, I like to think the vanilla list that I put together is a safe bet with only modest risk (linked below). But It's the gulf between holding the scissors safely and walking in a controlled manner, VS running at full pelt through a bouncy castle with them, making bike noises.

[​IMG] Wibble
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] TIGER SOLDIER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] KǍNRÈN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)

2.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Barrogh and Sath like this.
  11. Claudius Sol

Claudius Sol Aragoto Lieutenant

I have been summoned.

I've been less active on forums, of late due to a very busy life.

That said, the answer is: beyond what AVA permits.
    I win regularity with the full compliment of Aragoto and characters.
    It's fun.

As Aldo mentioned, I recommend you read my primer on Aragoto over at Data-Sphere.

12. Freek

Freek New Member

I agree with Claudius but you can also get screwed by the terrain set-up. If its a dense table with narrow passages your effectiveness will be severely hampered. I suggest making an alternative list as a backup in case of an unfavorable table if you want to go all in on bikes.

Anyway, I never leave home without Yojimbo and an Aragoto Spitfire

grampyseer likes this.
  13. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

My biggest concern with this list is that it takes 33cm of space in your deployment zone, with deployment in buildings being either a terrible option, or outright impossible.

I'm more conservative than @Claudius Sol. If I'm running Asuka, a Hacker, and Yojimbo, I'm considering it a bike heavy list.

14. Sath

Sath New Member

My concern there is that buying all the bikes is immediately expensive money-wise, more expensive than my vanilla list theory or even my Imperial Service list theory; buying models to accommodate a 2nd 150 point list is out of the question (nor a worry really as my fellow staff only have a smattering of their respective factions, spread across Vanilla Ariadna, Aleph, Morat Aggression Force and Haqqislam Qapu Khalqi).

I can either go big or go home, and I'm more concerned about maximising my fun per square inch, using models that I also happen to like, but couldn't find a place for in a generic 150 point vanilla list.

15. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

I would advise to take wysiwyg bikes, from the 3 boxes. (original, asuka, yojimbo). Totaling at 5. It borders on viability, while still maintaining a strong bosozoku theme.

Amazing models and fun gameplay. ZOOM ZOOM.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation