1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can this Bolt-"heavy" list minimally deal with the meta?

Discussion in 'Foreign Company' started by BarbeChenue, Mar 31, 2019.

1. BarbeChenue

BarbeChenue Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm trying to make FC+SoF work, but I never have enough points to really push the enveloppe and retain enough "punching power". I'd rather field something with a punch than just a double Zeros, double Warcors, Fugazi, Probot, CSU+Securitate Core link on the cheap... but I feel forced into it. I feel like I should just play Vanilla ALEPH and avoid this sectorial entirely for the tournament scene, exactly like I've been doing with my Military Orders, and the "Samurai" part of JSA (fun, casual lists, can win some scenarios, but why risk it?).

FC feels like a pre-Wildcard army, and has disappointingly few real Fireteam options. There seems to be many on the surface, but they are all so strict, that once you lose a single model, it's almost impossible to reform the link. But enough with the rant...

Before I give up on trying to play the Soldiers of Fortune, here's a list I'd like to try:

Kriza +SoF BoltCore +AviKapHaris +Redundancy
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    KRIZA BORAC Lieutenant HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    BOLT (Multispectral Visor L1) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
    BOLT Boarding Shotgun, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    BOLT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    VALKYRIE Heavy Shotgun, Grenades / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 26)
    HANNIBAL (Chain of Command, Strategic Deployment) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)
    KAPLAN Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    KAPLAN (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    6 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

It has enough Bolts to reform the link if you lose a few (thanks to how "Up to 1 or 2 Bolts" is worded), and you can keep the Multisniper standing, and it's not that bad if you lose it, you still got two more Bolts to keep the Core alive (and Avicenna can Doctor Plus). You can keep the Hannibal +Valkyrie +Señor Massacre "Core" going if you lose all the Bolts.

Despite having only 11 orders, and being LI, the list starts with an amazing turn one. Half the models start basically 8 inches ahead on board, the equivalent of at least 1-2 orders in Sectorial armies (or 1-2 extra Command Tokens in Vanilla armies). The Kriza Borac is safely behind the bulk of the force, backed by Hannibal CoC. The Kaplan/Avicenna Haris is just behind the Fireteam Core, 4 inches beyond the 12" line, and has a B5 Mimetism Spitfire game going.

It's also a list that you don't necessarily want to engage in melee too much. There a ton of shotguns, pretty much everywhere in the Core link. There's a bit of Eclipse Smoke (in a Core link at potentially PH 19) to help set up CC kills. Valkyrie can engage 8 inches away with Assault at -3 (CC 18), cancelling the enemy's MA, and threatening EXP dmg. Señor Massacre can take care of a TAG or enemy HI.

Sure it doesn't have 13+ orders, no Zeros, no Übercommandos, no Crocman, etc. but it's resilient (in theory).

What do you guys think?

#1 BarbeChenue, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Golem2God, Guardian and Robock like this.
  2. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

It doesn't have any hacking, but also only one hackable unit. All in all its a very brut force list.

Robock likes this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

You have both the LT and the CoC as models who will be priority targets (because of the HMG and the link).

4. BarbeChenue

BarbeChenue Well-Known Member

As it turns out, Evolved Intelligence Hacking Device have Exile, and that can target my stuff. I thought I knew everything there was to know about hacking, and I got hit hard midfield by a Minelayer-deployed Repeater, and since I played first, I started inside of its ZoC.

I was playing versus Vanilla Combined Army on Acquisition, so I was right behind the 24" line (16" deployment, +8" FD Lvl2), which was enough for him to deploy the Repeater *and* Dazer on top of my link. Imagine: Bolts can't be affected by Exile, but they are hit so hard by Dazer, moving only 2" every Order... and the rest of the fragile link members can all be Isolated, and once they are, the link cannot be reformed if the Team Leader was a non-Bolt (since the X+Y+Z requirements are no longer met).

The list couldn't fight both Dazer *and* Exile. The Repeater and Dazer were on a well defended rooftop. Moving other pieces was too order intensive for me to reach him in one turn. After getting two models isolated, and two Bolts unconscious on my first turn, I ended up dropping to 4 Regular + 1 Irregular orders on my second turn. Even after activating all the Antennas, placed the Multiscanner, had my Xenotech in BtB with the Tech-Coffin, has Avicenna and Señor Massacre in BtB with both Antennas, *and* had the enemy Datatracker in range of a MI Bolt (with the classified where I need one WIP roll in ZoC)... I couldn't possibly win (even while I was at 8 objective points and he hadn't placed his Multiscanner). He still had all 10 orders end of my second turn. He had an Avatar, and I had no more model that could threaten him through Dazer and Repeater range.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Use Evo for teampro. Gives massive resilience to fireteams

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation