1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minelayer and Deployment, mines deployed next to enemies

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by zavros, Mar 31, 2019.

1. zavros

zavros Well-Known Member

Can a minelayer such as the new speculo profile deploy their mine near troops that are not in marker state during deployment?

I don't see anything preventing me from doing it, as long as no camo state troops are in the trigger area.

WarHound likes this.
  2. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Yup, totally allowed.

WarHound likes this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Also to note, it's fine to have a camo marker in the trigger area provided the camo marker isn't the only legal target in the trigger area.

4. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You can't put a mine if there is a camo in the trigger area with the Minelayer skill, even if there is another legal target.

Robock and chromedog like this.
  5. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Minelayer requirement :
    • Any enemy Camouflage and Hiding Marker cannot be inside the Trigger Area of the Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment when it is deployed.
    Mine's skill remember box :
    A Mine cannot be placed if there is an enemy Camouflage or TO Marker inside its Trigger Area. This rule does not apply if there is a valid, non-camouflaged enemy inside the Trigger Area, or if the Mine is deployed as an Intuitive Attack.​

So a mine cannot be placed on a camo unless there is a non-camo. Minelayer doesn't have that exception (that "unless a non-camo is present" exception).

edit: as for first post, yes you can deploy if there is no one or only non-camo in the trigger area.

#5 Robock, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    BLOODGOD likes this.
  6. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Regarding minelayer : you cannot deploy a mine if there is a camo marker in the trigger area even if you have an other "legal" target. Minelayer is slightly different from the standard mine deployement rule

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

which is the exception i was talking about, i edited my post for clarity :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation