1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to seee in the shasvasti rework?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by tokumei, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

True, although since it's an EI KHD, you're probably better off with Maestro in most cases anyway ;).

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Duh, you're right. Forgot about that one.

3. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

upload_2019-3-28_15-45-10.png

Minelayer shrouded does not have mines?

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Dazers are deployable.

WarHound and toadchild like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That was my take when reading Third Offensive and I see they did not alter the rule at all. Even if you deviate you can daisy chain your decoys and put the real model exactly where you wanted, 16” away.

coleslaw and Stiopa like this.
  6. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Wait.

You can decoy the AD putting it away from the place it dropped in the first place?

Stiopa likes this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Decoy

During the Active Turn, a Shasvastii player deploys a Cadmus Soldier, a trooper possessing the Decoy Special Skill, on the game table using the AD: Combat JumpSpecial Skill. The player places one of the three Decoys (a Seed-Embryo Marker or one of the two Decoy Markers) on the table. After determining the final position of the Decoy, applying Dispersion if the PH Roll is failed, the player places the other two Decoys, following the Deployment general conditions. Applying the Decoy rules, one of the three must be the real user. The next step is to perform a Deployment Phase Coherency Check, only to discover that one of the Decoys is not inside the ZoC of either of the other two. So, the player must adjust its position to be inside the ZoC of at least one of them.

Erbent likes this.
  8. Stiopa

So not only can we completely negate consequences of Dispersion if the seed won't land off the table. We can hide the real trooper behind cover in case of landing in front of any AROs, or find a new, more advantaegous landing spot.

Forget Speculo Minelayer, forget Sheskiin's Fat2. This one is the dirtiest trick in Shas playbook. And in true Shas fashion it's far more deadly and far less obvious than people realize.

Wyrmnax, El tito Zylito and Death like this.
  9. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

While i 100% agree with this, just important to remember that they can't be placed in cover (AD cant land in base contact with scenery), merely behind it (with silhouette 0, so essentially - prone! :D )

Correct, it minelays the Dazer.

coleslaw likes this.
  10. Stiopa

Oh, you're fully correct. I'm just dazed by how easy and safe to use AD trooper we've got. With improved Morpho-Scan, too.

Death, RobertShepherd and Leviathan like this.
  11. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Hmmm. If we take the KHD Cadmus and land in a seed-embryo state and in a decoy, is it public info that it's a hackable troop?

12. Stiopa

I think so. It'll be basically the same case as with Holo2.

13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Depends whether or not Seed-Embryo state conceals it I guess, and it's not clear to me whether it does or not.

14. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Does the Seed-Embryo form have the hacking device?

15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That’s a valid point - it does not. But there’s nothing that says the seed hides its contents, so you should tell your opponent what it’s going to hatch into.

16. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

Borrowing from Holoprojector "Hackable Characteristic is considered Open Information when the trooper is inside the Hacking Area of an enemy."

So if you get close enough it's fair game to ask. If you are just wondering should I get that close to the marker I don't think it is.

17. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

I have been explaining to everyone locally how cadmus works because its so damn strong, and people will flip if they are not read for it. What profile are people liking?

Erbent, RobertShepherd and Saitan247 like this.
  18. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Honestly all of them. The assault pistol and boarding shotgun profiles are both just good QCB pieces that can always position to engage at close quarters. The red fury can position very well to maximise morpho scan and then start gunfighting people it drops down behind. And finally the KHD can zero in on a vulnerable enemy hacker, deploy and surprise KHD out of decoy.

I'll probably start with the combi+assault but with an eye to upgrading and downgrading depending on how it goes in what circumstances.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  19. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

@RobertShepherd you know what I love about the KHD? maestro puts things unconscious, finally some synergy with scavenger!

20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Is it confirmed that you can get surprise shot from seed state? I read it as an alternate model profile, not a true marker state. Its rules also don't talk about surprise, enemy models delaying, etc., unlike Camo or Holoecho.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation