1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Shas models are we safe to buy?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Time Bandit, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Glory be, a slow-grow league has just started at my local shop, and we have 13 people signed up! lots of my friends have decided to join, it's all pretty exciting. One of these friends decided on Shasvastii - I know, that's a pretty hardcore choice for a first army. Then we discovered the big Daedalus Falls reboot they're getting, great stuff. However, he's facing the prospect of starting a faction for the first time, in the midst of a reboot.

Can any seasoned Shas player speculate on those models already in the line that are most likely to not be replaced? Many thanks and wish us luck with the league!

2. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Aida Swanson is probably the ONLY safe one, aside from the regular suite of REMS.

The whole range is dated as hell.

coleslaw, xagroth and Time Bandit like this.
  3. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

Previously I would say Sphinx and Noctifers are safe to buy, but right now I think we will see everything resculpted in some time. Only safe models are Remotes (Drone box and Ikadrons), Aida Swanson, Victor Messer (both these characters are new and don't have general release). Also CA support pack is probably safe thing.

xagroth and Time Bandit like this.
  4. Time Bandit

Whoo, I see, thanks. Problematic, then. We don't know the release schedule for any of the models yet do we?

So basically my friend is looking at buying old models, or choosing a new army? The league will run from the end of April to July, starting at 100pts, ending at 300pt/

5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Aida Swanson and Victor Messer are the only safe bet at this point.

6. K-reem

K-reem New Member

Drones are pretty new too no ?

Knauf likes this.
  7. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

They had specified the Sphinx and Noctifers wouldn't be resculpted, but they've recently shown the redesigned Sphinx dossier so I would say that's out the window now. I would imagine Shasvastii will be part of the GenCon release, so it may be a while before we get the new stuff. They may trickle some out before that though.

xagroth likes this.
  8. Time Bandit

Righto, consensus is Aida Swanson, Victor Messer and REMs are safe, otherwise all bets are off, and we're likely to see releases clumping around GenCon in early August? Thanks a lot everyone.

coleslaw and theradrussian like this.
  9. Stur

Stur Member

Might be around GenCon, maybe sooner, probably later. Wait for Adepticon this weekend before making a decision since they often include the next couple of months of release during their seminar

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Noctifers probably also safe given they were repackaged recently and CB have always been very vocal about how much they like the design aesthetic of them. Haasht and the Corax are probably also safe for a little bit - we've yet to see any resculpts of SpecOps or Dire Foes characters after all.

Safe for a while, anyway.

11. InMac

InMac O-12 #Bureau Aegis

For now, Aída, Messer, drones and worm are safe. The rest of minis maybe have some reesculps in this year adding the new profiles in a army box or starter. Last year the noctifers be are repacked, i don't think they have a quick reesculp.

Time Bandit likes this.
  12. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Gao Rael got a repack too and are now gone. You can't trust on such things anymore.

13. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Well, it really depends on whether you like the current models, and how big a deal having Shaasvastii from different environments in the same force.

There is enough stuff in the background to make plausible mixing the current sculpts with the expected resculpts, as adaption to different environments.

It’s going to be really shocking if we get Shaasvastii models by GenCon, although I’m sure that’ll be the first question Bostria gets asked at Adepticon. :)

Time Bandit likes this.
  14. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

In the Shasvastii video he said the full line is being redone.

15. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

Shut up and take my money, CB.

16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

At this point I kinda hope that they'll botch the resculpts, and I won't feel the need to replace what I have :P But given the quality of modern sculpts I'd say fat chance of that.

17. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Like you can ever have enough models :)

18. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

To be honest, I've started to hoard old Shas models now as I like the old style. Technical the new models will look so much better, but I think they will loose some or a lot of their inhuman aesthetic just like the Morats did. So I'I' be trying to convert and scrounge together an old style force. Helps that i already have 4 of the old tentacle drones

Stiopa likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation