1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity PbP - Sunz Never Rest

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Momentum: 8, Heat: 3

On The Road

Amyah "double checks" the work of the CG paramedic. There was nothing dubious about the medics work. Seems her paranoia is getting the better of her.

"Good choice. Yes, your hacker can keep doing what he's doing... as long as he shares what he gets with us." Lan says as she motions to the CGs to load the team up.

"Noodles? I think we could get something arranged for us back at the precinct. Right, Lan?" A CG asks.

"Sure. I'm feeling a bit hungry myself." Lan responds.

The local police finally arrive at the scene but all they get to do is secure the team's SUV and clean up the mess behind them.

Impi crawls into the back seat of an IS SUV as he gets returns from his sniffing script:

[​IMG]

It found some ice in terminal two but it couldn't pull up the firewall strengths of the two secured zones.

The team is split up with Amyah and Impi in the second SUV with Bo Ryan and in the first SUV is Konrad and Eddie with Lan.

"The precinct house isn't to far from here. Also, as a professional courtesy I suggest contacting whoever you need too right this moment. I can't guarantee any form of communication once we're at the precinct. Especially after I report into my superior." Lan says to Eddie.

Gated Community

Saito exits from the room and creeps back towards the living room. He then cuts towards the center of the house to the front door. However, who ever just arrived home is in the kitchen which oversees the whole area Saito is in. Saito peeks into the kitchen to see the new arrival going through the fridge with his back to him. This guy looks familiar... he's the triad Saito has seen at the Bear Den and the Red Vipers clubhouse.

[​IMG]

[Saito is just outside of area 4. He can go into area 5 (the basement) without being spotted. Going to the question mark would be risky but doable without being spotted at this time.]

2. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

[Saito - I have easy access to the Home Functions of the building - I've not taken a good look but I'm guessing it's lights, locks, appliances and so on.

I'll keep diving, there is a Security Zone but it looks pretty well locked down]

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

[ It would be good to tell the team that you know one of these clowns from having made trouble for us earlier! That way we can tell Agent Lan and get Imperial levels of Hate and Discontent(tm) sent to these guys. ]

stevenart74 likes this.
  4. Solodice

[The team already knows about the Triad. Saito first revealed his involvement earlier in the morning when Eddie found his note/data chip he slid under the hotel room door. The Triad has been seen around with the Red Vipers but Saito hasn't seen him doing anything nefarious. He just hangs out with these bikers a lot. :P]

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. sonicReducer

Impi will make an attempt to enter the Terminal 1 Zone

Hacking = 16
    1st roll = 14
    2nd = 10

so 2 successes
    Damage = 1+2d6
    1st roll = 2
    2nd = 3

I'll use the Hacker talent to reroll the 2
    reroll = 5, nice

so damage = 9

stevenart74 likes this.
  6. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

As at the moment the Imperial Security Cops had not useful questions for Her (and anyway managing that difficult "Dragon Spawn" was far better to be left to the suave, charming Eddie than Her. . .!!) and that their Pilot / Driver, Konrad, was carefully checked for its wounds by Yujing Paramedics, then Amyah resolved to help Impi in any manner possible. . .

She was NOT very knowledgeable about the nuances of the Hacking Warfare in the Datasphere (even if one of Her past paramours on Bourak was a clever, resourceful Touareg Hacker that employed devastatingly the Stealth Skills native of that people to approach Targets that while powerful in the Firewall Defences, had exploitable Backdoors when reached physically. . .!!). . .

Reasoning that the handsome Corregidoran Zulu was engrossed in a VERY important (if not daresay CRITICAL) investigation on behalf of their mysterious "Ninja Local Assett" (probably hidden in the middle of Hosile Enemy Turf) any help that She could give to their "Datasphere Operative" would have been quite important for the Mission overall. . .

If not directly linked to "Black I.C.E. Countermeasures" on the level deployable by Artificial Intelligences, on the level of A.L.E.P.H. or (even worse) the "Rogue" Svengali then counterbalancing some "Firewall Break Backlashes" was ALMOST just a manner to manage the Dopamin / Serotonin stress levels of the Brain Cortex of an Hacker (and Amyah had FAILED a Medical Exam in Bourak that addressed the devastating "Neuronal Pathways Rewrites" done by the horrible Sepsitor Technology of the Combined Aliens. . . . .as far She knew was STILL an unsormuntable odd in Al'Medinaat Neurosurgery Halls, meant to teach humility in too cocky Internals Students !!). . .

So she unobtrusively sat nearby Impi (trying also to NOT draw too much attention by the surrounding Imperials) and, thanks to the privilege offered by the Encrypted Tactical Net of the Team, subtly checked the Stress Levels on the Onboard Biomonitor linked to the Corregidoran Comlog-Geist link. . .

Even SHOULD a Direct Manipulation of the Cortex by Autodispensers of Chemical Correctors would have been available (and Amya was DIRELY opposed to a similar "Brainware Intrusion" on oneself biology !!) She would have refrained to tamper with it; simply She yet started to prepare some personalized "Hacking Warfare Med-Cocktails" for Impi. . . . .just a well-balanced mix of Neuronal Stress-Relievers, Cardiac Muscle Stabylizers and Pain Relaxants, spiced up with JUST a tiny amount of Silk-Derived Nanotech neuronal accelerants, to help the dark-skinned Nomad cope with whatsoever issues could incur into. . .

. . . . .

[Solodice. . .

I don't know if I can actively Help our squad hacker in its rolls, as I don't know if there are available Medical Supplies that could help a "Better Hacking". . .

But in the Panocean Fluff about Remote T.A.G. Pilots there are hints about Medical Personnel ready to help nearby the "Piloting Pods" of the Remote Operators, so I think that could be potentially useful at a starting point. . .

So, essentially, should the Firewall Backlash will inflict "Comlog Damage" on Impi, or His Geist, then I would be there able to help cope with it, with a "Potential Boost" for the Momentum Pool of an Absterge / Recover action. . .

Let Me know if I have to Roll something of special. . .]

7. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

Making sure to keep his com log recording, Saito notices the Triad gentleman who was talking with the Red Vipers last night in the parking lot.
    ["So this is his house."] Saito says to himself as he scoots over to the basement landing. One eye on the Triad man and the other on the stairway, making sure to check that no one is down there. Always checking...... Maybe there was a suitable hiding spot for the repeater somewhere in the basement. He didn't want to keep holding it.

Slowing descending downwards, Saito checks to make sure no one is down there.

stevenart74 likes this.
  8. Section9

"Agent Lan, our asset found a ... very interesting list of bets placed at a house occupied by some Triad types. This list has the names Timmy DeLassi and Tai Ling on it."

Eddie slides a screen-cap of the list to Lan's comlog.

stevenart74 likes this.
  9. Solodice

Momentum: 8, Heat: 3

On The Road

Lan takes a look at the list Eddie has shared with her, "Interesting. The bookies did business with a lot of people all over the island. Tai Ling did talk about some Triad type who was placed some bets with him. I'll compare his book with these bets and see if they match up." She says disappearing into cross examining data.

In the following SUV Impi decides to try some quantronic door kicking. Going after Terminal 1 he gets returns that his attacks have done some decent damage but the zone is still secured.

[Amyah can assist Impi. Give me a D0 hacking roll. Any success is a free momentum Impi can use for hacking.]

Gated Community

Saito sneaks his way into the basement. Compared to the more posh upper floor this is where all the fun was held. There's a fully stocked bar, a home theater, some retro game cabinets, a nice living room with a gigantic couch, and what looks to be drug paraphernalia scattered across a coffee table. There is a side door that leads to a small staircase leading into the backyard.

As Saito snoops around one his recorders pings him. The fat man that went to bed has woken up in a hurry and is messing around in AR.

@sonicReducer give me a D2 observation roll

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. Daemon of Razgriz

Noticing the telltale signs of a hacker at work. Saito shares the record feeds over the tacnet and says to Impi.

Impi. I believe you've been detected. There's what looks to be a hacker. Look at the asigned feed i'm showing through the tacnet. He was asleep. Now he's in AR. Me thinks you tripped an alarm on the way in.

stevenart74 likes this.
  11. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Seeing that Impi was enough tranquil and able to cope with a stressful, but not so dire, Hacking Operation then Amyah sat nearby the handsome Corregidoran Zulu and let the Hypodermical Syringe stay in the Medikit, ready to be called upon as needed. . .

Then, with the utmost care (to not distract the dark skinned Nomad engrossed in his critical work) She fished out from the Backpack the trusty Advanced Sensor Suite that so much has helped Her since the Science College days. . .

She started to fiddle with the Visible / Invisible Wavelenghts, advised by her personal Geist, and tried to synch their respective Comlog to act as a shared Virtual Reality Interface. . .

She was far from capable in Hacking Warfare even from the most basic Haqqislamite Army defensive protocols, but rationalized that an Enhanced Awareness would have been potentially useful to help Impi spot something amiss. . .

. . . . . .

[At the moment is just "Filler Fluff Text"; I'm away from the Manuals and a reliable link to a Dice Roller. . .

As soon as I can will check if there is something in Amyah skillset or gear that could help / improve the Roll, to Assist Impi. . .]

sonicReducer likes this.
  12. sonicReducer

[Observation 11, for rolling for the fat dude in AR
    1st roll = 9
    2nd = 2

2 successes]

stevenart74 likes this.
  13. Daemon of Razgriz

While he has a second. Saito plants another bug in the basement.

Stealth roll. Target 14. Roll is 4+13+1+3. 4 successes.

Turning the repeater off for the moment due to his team mate withdrawing from AR. Saito places it back into his pack and checks to make sure that the hacker is still in AR and not snooping around. While also listening to make sure nothing is amiss.

Observation roll. Target 11. Roll is 14+19. 2 fails.

Slowly creeping back upstairs. Saito pauses at the top landing to make sure that the coast is still clear.

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. Solodice

3rd Precinct

Impi disconnects from the network after seeing another user had logged on.

The team finally arrives at the 3rd Precinct in South Side. The team is separated and everyone is placed in interview rooms by themselves. If you want some noodles it's being provided. Additionally, the teams comlogs are being jammed so their tac-net is offline. Lan apologizes about that and says it was her bosses orders.

Lan interviews every single one of you asking a series of questions:

1. Purpose for being on Sibai Island?
    2. Who is your employer? [She already knows you're all PIs after the Karaoke shootout.]
    3. What do you know about the Bosozoku gang Red Vipers and the Triad outfit Crescent Eagles?
    4. Where did you find Bo Ryan and the regulation chips?
    5. Any info about sports rigging involving the HSGP Circuit Two Championship?

She reminds you all that this is all going on the record.

Gated Community

Saito gets another recorder down. As he's going back up to the main level he can see the man that had awoken has gone back to sleep. Seems he didn't notice anything.

Back up on the main landing Saito peers around and doesn't see or hear the Triad from before. The kitchen and living room are clear. He has free reign in the middle of the house... for now.

stevenart74 likes this.
  15. Section9

"Agent Lan, I am on Sibai Island to put Tristeryon sponsor stickers onto every bike I could. I am also on Sibai Island to investigate the possibility of race fixing of the HSGP."

"In terms of investigating the race fixing, my team and I are getting paid by Sunz Detective Agency of Tunguska."

"I am aware of the existence of those two gangs. On the afternoon of our first day here, yesterday, we were crowd-watching and saw that the bikers and the other gang were giving each other a lot of space, as if they had agreed to not get into each other's business. That evening, our local asset saw the two of them interacting with each other at the Bear Den bar as if there was some kind of business arrangement, and I shared that with Commissioner Li. This morning, we ran afoul of the Red Vipers at Tai Ling's place, and then ran afoul of them again tonight when I went to meet up with a local bookie. I am aware the Imperial Service is not exactly on good terms with many people who may be running betting parlors, but I would really appreciate it if you would check on Mister Chao at the Piranha Market. His shop was surprisingly dark when we went to visit him and got jumped by the bikers, and I am afraid that Mister Chao may have run afoul of the bikers. Hopefully he won't be too mad at me for sending someone to check on him and make sure he is OK."

"We, ah, found Mister Ryan in a trailer with his laptop and that safe, and took him with us for his own safety."

"As I told you when we met earlier today, someone is rather suspicious that certain racers never seem to finish in the Top 5, no matter how well they ran earlier in the season or even in their qualifying runs here, and contracted Sunz to investigate. Sunz then offered me a contract for this investigation. I discovered a pattern to some long-odds betting pools, certain very long-odds bets always win. Timmy DeLassi and Tai Ling were the ones handling those bets for this year. After reporting this back to Sunz, we were requested to identify who was responsible for fixing the races. Which led to our 'borrowing' Mister Ryan, his laptop, and that safe. Mister Ryan then admitted to us that he was rigging the races under orders from his superiors at HSGP. Also, our local asset has found evidence of the Crescent Eagles Triad being involved in the betting, with a list of bets and bookies."

16. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

Konrad, still going on his third bowl of noodles starts to confess to Agent Lan.

"Agent Lan i was hired to accompany Lawrence Claverstone as some sort of assistant / driver / body guard. I am good with mashines so Sunz Detective Agency of Tunguska hired me for my knowledge about mashines to cover another way for manipulating the races.

I dont know much about those gangs we met. I was more focused to not getting hurt and get away from them.

There was a lukcy incident with a trailer. Mr. Calverstone checked it and found that guy with the other stuff.

Mr. Calverstone found something not matching within the pattern of the race winners and the bets, sorry i dont have much experience with that stuff as i had never the money to throw it out of an airlock. Then we where then asked to find out who is behind the rigging of the races.
    We found that Bo Ryan was responsible for that after getting the orders from his superiors and that there is one of the triads, the Crescent Eagles is involved to."

When Agent Lan leaves the room Konrad asks: "Could you tell the nice police officers to get me some noodles again. They are realy good here."

Section9, Solodice and stevenart74 like this.
  17. Daemon of Razgriz

Saito slowly makes his way to the kitchen, keeping quiet and checking to make sure the suspected mob boss has left or is still in there. Keeping the monitor feeds up in AR so he doesn't loose track of anyone or anything.

stevenart74 likes this.
  18. Solodice

Gated Community

The kitchen is empty. Saito does note a door near the bottom left of the kitchen. That one must lead to the attached garage of the house.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. Daemon of Razgriz

Saito takes the opportunity to bug the kitchen.

Stealth roll. Target 14. Roll is 11+12+19+3. 3 successes. Re roll 19 due to scout. Roll is 4. Total 4 successes.

After planting the bug, Saito checks the coast is clear on his monitors and in the hallway before attempting to check out the (question mark area) on the house floor plan.

Observation roll. Target is 11. Roll is 10+11. 2 successes.

stevenart74 likes this.
  20. sonicReducer

Impi digs into his second bowl of noodles as he grudgingly opens up about the team's purpose on the island.
    "We were hired by an agency called the Sunz Detective Agency of Tunguska. I've never particularly liked the Tunguskans but I won't lie, they pay well. The toys they provided are pretty nice too" he says, smacking his lips. "Got any more of these? I get hungry when people try to kill me".

"Our brief was pretty straightforward - someone appeared to be fixing races and we were tasked with finding who, and how. and Calverston picked up a pattern on long-odd bets coming out on top over a long time period, and certain racers were never finishing top despite otherwise good performances."

Impi goes on with what he remembers, the bikers seemingly involved in the fixing and the possible killing of Timmy DeLasse, possible chip fixing by Ryan. He is fairly open with the agents, although he doesn't mention Saito

Solodice, Section9 and stevenart74 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation