1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about that Dahshat mercenary company, huh?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

So what sort of unique profiles of zuyongs would you want? The problem with this arguement is it sounds like I'm upset this special rule or equipment isn't here which is just one of those things we gotta shrug off. I'm completely fine with them using zuyongs and I think the main reason they use existing profiles vs new ones is that it's less stuff to balance. I obviously can't speak as an authority but I assume they have a good idea of how powerful a zuyong is so I assume it would be easier in the decision making process vs adding new stuff to it.

Also I think we need to be more realistic when it comes to the merc companies. Saying they seem like random assortments of troopers or look like unfinished sectorials just sounds like wanting to complain for complaints sake. I don't think the mercs are meant to be seen the same as full sectorials like IA or varuna. They seem more as a way to get people into more armies or to give people with multiple armies more options.

I think it goes like this. Oh you bought a whole set of red veil so have yu jing and haqq? Well it seems you weren't able to sell that haqqislam half of the box but look at this mercenary company that uses stuff from both factions? Dont wanna proxy all that much stuff? No worries just buy a model or two so it all matches up and oh no what's this it looks like you're really only a few models from running ramah or QK. Hmm it might be nice to have some more options and different playstyles so sure I'll get them.

Remnar and DukeofEarl like this.
  2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

The former.

Looking at the differences in this year's calendar vs last years I am pretty sure at most we will see 1 more new army with at the Gencon Release as the new Shashvasti starter is pretty likely in that BattleBox right now. The Blue N's last year represented the release of starters for new sectorials, not when the armies were announced/released. With that trend we have the first one of this year being IA and Spiral Corps for Adepticon.

[​IMG]

3. DukeofEarl

I don't recall, nor can I find, any such promise. Got a source for that?

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No no no, that's not how it works. I'm not going to sit here and design a full damned sectorial just for the sake of satisfying an argument of yours, afp. Keep in mind, I'm not complaining about Zuyong, I'm complaining about basically all of the NA2 that aren't Druze or JSA for being unoriginal and a poor products.

This nails it. However, this is not something positive in my book. It's either pushing some more sales in the laziest manner or it's like pushing out a half-assed product to shut people up who complain about the dual army of the verb-noun boxes and Dire foes. They're basically what I'd expect from a pre-teen who's not got enough money to gather an actual army but instead gets scattered assortments of models and mashes them together into an army just to play with them.

If memory serves the first incarnation of Druze was not quite what was published, but otherwise do you really need a quote for that? That CB is promising more content and refusing to give information about it other than Druze and 3 more NA2 sectorials?

And then well... turned out one of those sectorials was made by cutting it away from my main faction so who would give a shit about a few random mercs that don't matter when that happens?

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  5. DukeofEarl

Yes, I need a source for that. You are outright stating (by your use of quotations) they promised more stuff for Druze and are holding them to task for not providing that.

CB most certainly has provided more content as they have promised they would. Now it is your prerogative to like or dislike that content as you see fit, but to claim they are not providing such is willfully ignorant of the past year.

oldGregg likes this.
  6. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

I don't see what's the fuss about them. They are exactly what developers promised ITS playable mercenaries would be, being each mercenary company a sectorial list that cherry picks from some given units from the rest of factions. That way each company is restricted to some specific profiles instead of the unbalanced flexibility the old rules for merc armies lists allowed. Those were words from Gutier years ago when they finally started contemplating mercs as a playable faction overwhelmed by players clamor. And that's exactly what we are receiving right now. So no problem with that.

Regarding Druze, they are exactly like the other companies (as Druze are a unit from Haqqislam army, not only merc). JSA is the odd one. It's in NA2 but it's a sectorial/faction on its own and shouldn't be compared with the mercenary companies.

Solar and DukeofEarl like this.
  7. DukeofEarl

It would really make sense to find another way to classify JSA instead of NA2.

It is worth noting that even Spiral Corps follows the trend of the other mercs. The only difference is that there is a box for Tohaa that is branded for Spiral Corps instead of Tohaa. Which in retrospect and in light of the reactions of many about the fate of the Tohaa, might have been a poor choice. I wonder how it would have been received if instead it was marketed as a Tohaa box that could be used to kick start a cool new merc group as well.

AdmiralJCJF and Xeurian like this.
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna fault CB for wanting to make money. I dont see how this is a negative at all. People can get a new sectorial/play style and they might already have a bunch of the models already so its not as expensive as buying into a new army. They also don't have to create new skus which means they don't have to retire stuff as fast which is good as well.

Who the hell complains about the 2 player starter boxes and dire foes. I dont think I've ever seen any complaints about them and they seem to be widely regarded as great products and ways to get people into the game. I'd be really interested to see legitimate arguements about those products. Then your final point makes you sound like and come across as a snob and a jerk. Why on earth would you choose to look at it through the lens of such a toxic elitist attitude? Will it really bother you that much to see some ghulams and zuyong together in a list? That just honestly sounds like some serious reaching and being mad for the sake of being mad.

Ariwch likes this.
  9. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Uh, so why all these elaborated into some turmoil?

10. HouseOfKings

HouseOfKings Active Member

The WarCors are back guys, here to derail another discussion. Pack it up, make it easy for them to do damage control.

11. Mahtamori

No I'm not, that's what you're interpreting it as. I'm saying I interpreted it as Druze would be more than it became. It became more than it was as well, but only by a fraction.

12. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

?

toadchild, Xeurian and DukeofEarl like this.
  13. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

:o Am I being made fun at because of the golden badge?

Go on, bruh. Im not that kind of Wurcur :)

toadchild, Xeurian and HouseOfKings like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Where are people getting there may be more armies? From the videos put out, he specifically says the the five new armies are Spiral, Shasvastii, Dahshat, Foreign Company, and Ramah.

oldGregg likes this.
  15. HouseOfKings

HouseOfKings Active Member

NA2 didn't count last year, and they will probably put something out at GenCon, so I bet they'll have another sectorial out for GenCon.

16. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Sort of. JSA did count as the first one for the year.

17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Sounded pretty final to me. I can see a new box set coming out though. I'm hoping for Shasvastii vs. ?????. If you're right, maybe the ???? is a new one. But I can see them doing Shasvsastii vs. Foreign Company. There's a lot of new models they can do on both sides.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  18. DukeofEarl

I would reconsider your usage of quotation marks in the future then. They imply something you apparently did not intend.

19. Mahtamori

In which case I can only suggest you invest less in being right and more in trying to understand what is being communicated to you, because this isn't a competition nor an electoral race. If you find that too difficult then at least remember that the old forums are offline and any quote request is going to be impossible to meet.

20. DukeofEarl

The current forums were already established when the Druze announcement arrived. Official Communications were made in both channels.

Again. Using quotations marks puts words in the mouths of CB. That is the actual purpose of using them. Your memory of what happened is not the same as what they have said. This isn't about me being right, but about your words and their accuracy.My purpose in asking for the original source of your quotation was in order to understand how you got to your assumption that Druze were going to get more as my recollection of the time was statements to the effect of expect more NA2, not expect more Druze.

Remnar and Dude like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation