1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen:Lock anime

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Space Ranger, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

some of you were interested in this but before it was only on Rooster Teeth. It's now on YouTube. At least the first episode is. I highly recommend it. I hope you like it. It has a great Infinity feel to the tech and story.

2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Link. . .

It is very good stuff and in JUST 30 minutes crammed MORE well done sci-fi military action than some 2 hours Hollywood blockbusters movies. . .

While the giant mecha fighting were very, very cool the small snippets of different stuff were excellent (such as the hacked Infantry Gunner Drone and its squad desperately trying to deactivate it). . .

Also the small snippets of everyday life before the attack (with the Otaku sister of the male protagonist in Her "personal Reality" quite spot on for Infinity civilian life and attitude towards Mayasphere) also good. . .

A small interesting piece also with the New york Citizen "Enemy Loyalist" who was protected by his "Party Emblem" quite interesting too. . .

Only jarring stuff is that the Killer Nanoswarm and the giant Lobster Walker are a little too "Alien Hi-Tech" if compared to the rest of the Tech Level, but anyway did NOT felt too much outside the norm. . .

I think that the start of the attack in New York PERFECTLY capture the hopelesness of Human Sphere Soldiers garrisoning the Border Zones against the Combined Army in Paradiso. . .

Hopefully when the other Episodes will be available they will keep the excellent pace. . . . .!!!

3. Space Ranger

It explores a lot of great themes. While not directly Infinity-like it definitely has the feel. The main thing is that the main tech theme is a lot like PanO TAGs!

chromedog and stevenart74 like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I didn't expect much from this series, but it turned out to be pretty good.
    The last chapter was a bit meh compared with several others, but overall I liked it.

Ayadan and Space Ranger like this.
  5. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

Very cool. Thanks for the link.

Space Ranger likes this.
  6. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

Crunchyroll has the complete series till now, so 8 episodes.
    Started to watch it and think its ok, not groundbreaking or much new stuff, but ok.

oldGregg likes this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Someone broke the Statue of Liberty. "It's on, now, motherf*ers!"

8. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

I thought the show started off really strongly then I kind of lost interest towards the end, it almost becomes a kind of "Power rangers with Mecha" show. Not dumping on it, still enjoyed it but thought it started better than it ended. One thing I thought oddly our of place was the swearing, I have zero issue with "bad language" and probably swear far too much in day to day life but felt that it was unnecessary in the show! If anyone hasn't already seen it I would recommend "Iron Blooded Orphans" to Mecha fans! :-)

Ayadan and Golem2God like this.
  9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice :p

chromedog likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

I loved ever episode and thought it got better and better. I also thought it was pretty innovative, but then I'm not a bit Japanese anime fan. So I haven't seen that much.

chromedog likes this.
  11. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

My 10 year old shouted the 10 year old equivalent.

Dont F*** with Lady Liberty.

Space Ranger, Section9 and jherazob like this.
  12. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I think too the last episode was meh. The thing was too much "by the power of love/friendship" that everyone a bit accustomed to anime (and is even present in some cartoons) know very well. I think that, while the substance was good, the form could have been better. I loved the fact that sharing minds implied some sort of memory fusion and messing with what you remember of your past. Maybe this will be explored in a second season because currently, the happy end seemed to be a bit forced.

Abrilete likes this.
  13. Space Ranger

I'm hoping it's not an end, just a mid-season finale. There's still a lot more that need to happen. I want to know about the Union. Even though this is much more mature that other cartoons, you can tell they are not going full on Love, Death, & Robots here. I wouldn't want that anyway. In western animation, other than Young Justice, there's a serious lack of anything in the middle. You either have stuff for little kids or adults. Nothing for both or teens. And unfortunately both YJ and Gen:Lock are on hard to see formats.

stevenart74 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation