1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa Escalation League Thoughts

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Mr Brown, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mr Brown

Mr Brown New Member

So we are starting an escalation league locally and given a number of new players have jumped in on forces I was considering, I thought it would be a good time to try the Tohaa I have had sitting for years. The announcement of Spiral Corps makes it an even more interesting time...

I'm not worried about 'winning' but having not played Tohaa despite picking up a big bundle a couple years back for the aesthetics I'm interested to hear others' thoughts on how they'd approach the start of an escalation run i.e. 100pts?

So far I thought cramming in a Kosuil and Kaauri seemed fairly legit given the lack of triad to start with anyway. Given the lack of the usual suspects for small games like Total Reaction HMG REMs what are your other go to pieces? Either ARO or attack?

#1 Mr Brown, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Spam chaksa HFT and makaul, fill out the rest with whatever you want?

3. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

If it has to be cheap and deadly both on short and mid range, pair a Viral sakiel with two Makaul and fill up the rest with cheap things. You wont have more than 7 orders, but those will be deadly.

Alternatively, a Rasail Boarding team with spitfire, two Chaksa and 3 makaul will give you a good hitter with 7 orders as well.
    100 points seem to be too view though.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Mr Brown

Mr Brown New Member

Yeah, to be honest I think 100 points is far too low. Even for starting players it doesn't give too much scope for options or the ability to try new models as you end up with either ridiculously low order count or you try to fill out with cheap cheerleaders and a single attack piece which gets taken out by a crit ARO in the first turn :D
    With it being an escalation league game it also means I dont have access to pheroware or the Triad rules so its a case of me overthinking it. Throwing down some Chaksa/Makaul and trying to settle on an attack piece it is I guess :P

5. borings

borings Well-Known Member

I would suggest running kaauri over makaul. At least for your 100 pt list. Makauls are gonna have a hard time being useful at that low an order count. I mean, a couple makaul are good, but id suggest filling up on chaksa and kaauri before you add in the makaul

6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

If you don't want greetings on Christmas, try the following list

[​IMG] Tohaa
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] RASAIL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)

0.5 SWC | 100 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Abrilete, Mr Brown and borings like this.
  7. borings

ben's list is pretty solid at 100. also, i know you don't care about winning, but from my understanding, baggage counts for your surviving points at the end of the mission, so its pretty impossible to lose with this many chaksa

8. Mr Brown

Mr Brown New Member

Thats a point I never considered with baggage. There's no need for a Lt. but a viral weapon attack piece is pretty good in general. I was leaning towards K1 as I know that at least two people in the league are using MO so I would expect that in their 100 pt lists there will be a couple of high ARM models knocking about.

9. borings

the viral will prolly do you better, as the double saves is usually better than the ignore armor on a k1. having it on a Lt. makes up for the loss of orders as well. just make sure you use the symbiomate before you lose it.

10. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Kerail Preceptors are scary as F in low points. I'm playing an Escalation event on Sunday, first game at 150pts I have double mated/bombed Kerails.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation