1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupidly premature Gen Con speculation

Discussion in 'News' started by Swiftage, Mar 13, 2019.

1. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Looking at the NA2 sectorial lists, I dunno what would make up their half of the 2 player box, though. It's all just existing models, apart form a couple of characters.

Hiereth, DukeofEarl and sevsterino like this.
  2. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

Yeah totally no chance for Foreign Company in the box after seeing the latest video. Hugely disappointing for me. Hmmmm I guess we are for a big surprise at GENCON. or maybe there will be no Operation box and just Shasvantii box?

3. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Not at all. Absolutely not interested in either possible armies in this box (as far as wild speculation goes) ! Must be able to purchase the comic as a separate item.

4. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

You'll be able to get the comic separately, that's for sure.

AdmiralJCJF, ZlaKhon, xagroth and 4 others like this.
  5. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Oh, so everything's fine !

6. sevsterino

I think there is some misunderstanding here. We were talking about a bundle, a special offer, and the fact that the comic story is related to the army (I assumed it would be foreign company), not that it is sold only with the box. That would be absurd.

7. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Oh i get it : you mean the story of the book is in relation with the content of the box, and the book would be like Saito : free if you purchase the box ? In this case yes, that would be definitely great

xagroth and sevsterino like this.
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I still think it will most likely be tohaa and shasvastii but if they did the foreign company vs shasvastii what would the FC box look like.

6 models to make up the starter plus a 7th exsclusive one that gets released later on. So the most obvious would be the 4 sof characters. Maybe having senor massacre as the exsclusive to get his own individual resculpt later on since he can be used in other armies. That would 3 left which would normally reserved for the line infantry. I dont see them adding 3 more securitate models but maybe 3 kaplans?

Pr01yfic and Abrilete like this.
  9. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I just don't see a likelihood of any NA2 force that borrows so heavily from other factions being given a starter box, let alone half of a 2-player.

The only possibility I can really see is a NA2 character set like the Outrage box, but that doesn't really work well for Operation style missions either, so I would suspect that to be independent and tied to the comic book much like Outrage was.

xagroth and toadchild like this.
  10. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

Tada*
    Foreign starter/part of Battlepack 3 Characters 3 Kaplan 1 aditional Character for the Battlepack, Shasvasti get a sphinx Foreign s5 Valkyrie.
    You heard it here first.

11. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Foreign company starter will be 2 bolts with bsg, Hannibal, croc man FO, CSU rifle/lsg, brawler engineer and special Securitate with Feuerbach

Melchior likes this.
  12. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I'm all for this if only to see the amount of salt that would be had

xagroth likes this.
  13. sevsterino

After watching the video I think Foreign Company is very unlikely to be in the Operation box. Carlos said in the video that only Valkyrie will receive a skin for infinity (soon) because her Aristeia outfit is over the board. The rest I suppose will stay in plastic because they looks I just fine for Infinity.

I expected this NA2 to be more like the new Japanese with lots of new profiles and miniatures. That did not happen.

We have to remember that we were told that we get 5 new armies this year, and last year the NA2 armies composed of mostly existing models did not count. I would expect two more full armies/sectorials releasing this year and possibly one of them at GENCON.

#53 sevsterino, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    DukeofEarl likes this.
  14. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I'm still expecting to see some all new alien faction to show up this year (of the alien).

15. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I'm not businessman by any standard, but I feel like it'd be both in bad taste and not great for sales to release a brand new alien faction that could probably be slotted into Tohaa or CA.

xagroth likes this.
  16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

given all the "Daedelus' Fall is the final book in the Uprising trilogy" talk, i expect we won't have more new fluff developments for a bit so we can catch our breath <_< which likely means no shiny new armies coming out of the blue. Seems more reasonable to expect the other half of the Shas vs whoever box to be a revamp of an existing range. I could kinda see foreign company - between kaplans, CSUs and the four aristos theres enough models there to make it work. But still.

DukeofEarl and toadchild like this.
  17. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Inb4 they open up the Daedalus gate again to try get toha back on the line but they gate goes somewhere else now. Surprise its ya boi Nemesis. Idk.

Darkvortex87, eciu and Abrilete like this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

We're getting revamped Shas and Tohaa out of it as-is. Only way we could get more aliens would be for CB to rescult Exrah!

xagroth likes this.
  19. Erolag

Erolag Member

I hope box will contain Shasvasti and Tohaa Triumvirate that have to reveal themselves to save Tohaa’s in HS!!! So I’m waiting for that!

20. sevsterino

Two boxes for the same army in one year (army box and operation box)? Has it even ever happened before? I think this is the most unlikely option of all.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation