1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Box, guys. Cool.

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by LoganGarnett, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Niea7

Niea7 New Member

Chaksa is not an attacker but an ARO unit, so it doesn’t matter. Even if Chaksa will be available within the core link, she (or he?) will have 2 burst on the active turn.

Spitfire is an excellent weapon, but not on the simple 4-4 platform. It plays well on Tarik, Khawarijs or Hollow man - mobile units that can quickly go into the radius of the spitfire.

Nevertheless, I must admit that we didn't see 3 profiles. One of them are mercenary (there is no hope on him), but the other two are artichokes.

#361 Niea7, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

What do you think about Tri-Core device? From what we've seen till now only the Taagma will have it and only in spiral.
    The device grants the bonuses of a fireteam core to a triad but my question is:
    all the members of the triad will get the bonuses? or only the Taagma. In the first case is awesome, in the second one not so much. opinions?

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Not that I'd made the connection before, but it's probably (Olympus) Mons-trucker. But they're definitely truckers.

DukeofEarl and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

I assume it'll give the whole triade the 5-man advantage.

Also, I can't imagine the device being implemented in vanilla as well. Imagine a Sukeul HMG with Fireteam: Core Bonus. Shooting 5 dice on 16s with mimitism, assuming the target has cover. That would be beyond power creep.

5. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

well a Kamaul with hmg does exactly the same

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yes and no, because the Sukeul can survive several hits (Symbiont Armour + Symbiomate).
    Of course, it's also more expensive.

7. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

I can't stress enough how much better a Sukeul is compared to the Kamau. Effectively having three wounds and better link options than the Kamau, in addition to having a better PH if he has to dodge puts the Sukeul a level above the Kamau.
    The only thing the Kamau has going for him is the Fireteam: Core bonus.

Edit: Just realised them havin the same PH. My argument still stands, though.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

And what about Viral Weapons as your main gun? Plenty of Breaker Combi Rifles and Viral SRs. Both those in a Triad are pretty scary.

9. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Not that is legal but a triad of sukeul kaeltar and tricore schemer would come in at 77 pts and 4swc.
    A kamau and 4 fusiliers costs 68 pts and 1 swc
    Two less orders and 3swc more doesn't look wildly out of whack for how much better it may be imo.

Hiereth, Ben Kenobi and coleslaw like this.
  10. borings

borings Well-Known Member

Why bother comparing hypotheticals? Why not just have agent sheskin in the team instead of a sukeul at that point?

11. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Because I don't like her hair.

Hiereth, ev0k, Oni and 2 others like this.
  12. Niea7

Niea7 New Member

Sure, Viral and Breaker weapons are scary. But the key problem is threat range. Both VIral and Breaker get +3 on distance between 8" and 16". Ad get -3 at 16" to 32". While HMG get +3 at distance between 16" and 32". You need to bee too close to effectivle shoot from rifles.

13. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Spitfires can cover like a 40" fire lane on first order if they need to depending on deployment of course. But thats a pretty hefty chunk of the board.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  14. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

One thing I don't understand is why do they have to stop production of the old Tohaa, Is it really! to many SKU's in the Tohaa camp?

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

From the manufacturer’s perspective, yes. And that’s what matters at the end.

TheRedZealot likes this.
  16. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Ok! that's true, It still makes me upset about it, I'm glad I have all the old models, but at this time I'm not sure if I should buy the new box set or seeing a reason.

17. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The problem probably isn’t Tohaa specifically. Once upon a time, way back in 2nd edition, IJW posted some pictures of what his Infinity sales rack looked like at a convention. It was ridiculous back then.

I mean, each year at Adepticon there’s a merchant that sets up outside the vendor hall with Corvus Belli Infinity models, Games Workshop models, Wyrd miniatures models, etc. in these huge bins and shelf racks. I assume they’re going to be there again this year and I’ll try to get pictures of their store front.

CB’s continuing problem is that they won’t stop releasing single model blisters, won’t consolidate SKUs faster than they release new products, and that leaves them with “just abandon old models” as what they have left as an option. (Or, in the case of Haqislaam, abandon a relatively recent model that must not have been selling well, or something).

csjarrat and YTonic like this.
  18. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

And to add to that is their own production capacity. As more models are made that means more of a stretch on that side. This eases that up in a predictable way as opposed to random things going out of stock because there hasn't been a recent run on them.

19. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I think the important part here is to make sure Corvus Belli understands why you feel that way. I know I went through it yesterday, and for me it was a combination of:
    • This makes it look like the troop profiles for those SKUs are getting abandoned. Because why would you update a profile that doesn’t have any models?
    • Some of the new models appear to be designed to do the same thing as the discontinued models, but do it “right” this time.
    Eventually CB’s going to have to pay the piper and consolidate troop profiles and/or consolidate SKUs.

20. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I keep thiking they're some big scary thing becuase my mind keeps reading it as Monstructor: [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation