1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Pride of Rodina, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I lose too many troops to Chain Rifles to think that ARM sucks.

2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

It doesnt suck...its just to expensive most of the time.
    I bet Arm 4 is more expensive than Hyper Dynamics L2 but the latter will save you far more often from a Chain Rifle.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Wait, what?!?

*img search*

Holy shit! She doesn't!

havocfett and Xeurian like this.
  4. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Wait for the renders before getting excited. For all we know CB will have her using a pair of tactical rocks as heels while resting her her gun on a pair of stilettos which are part of battlefield debris for inexplicable reasons.

Barrogh and LaughinGod like this.
  5. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I'm also happy with the pose in the dossier.

oldGregg likes this.
  6. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

The Namurr reminds me of a mini Su-Jian and that makes me happy.

Fingers crossed for a Flammenspeer Naffatun profile, I love those guys.

oldGregg and Xeurian like this.
  7. mameluke

mameluke Active Member

So happy to see no combat heels!

Xeurian likes this.
  8. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

So i played a game tonight with Rama against vanilla yu jing with a good number of IA units, i ran a khawarij link (spit, msv, hrl, coc, fo), 3 naffatun lft, 2 fanous, ghulam hacker, hakim smg with bot, and namurr spit. He ran 4 kuang shi and controller, 4 monks, doctor, haidao msr, daoying msr, liu xing hacker, missle rem, 2 baggage rem 8pt, zanshi, guilang hacker, and tai sheng.
    Game ended in major victory on supplies.
    So things that happened, namurr died first turn to monk cc. He took first turn and used half that commamd group just getting a monk to punch my face in, it sucked. Also tai sheng solod and almost crippled my whole link and army. Hakim saved the khawarij link and harassed tai sheng into a shitty position for my replenished link to finish off. Rest of the game was just him throwing all his tricks at me one by one and the khawarij link just crushing in direct firefights until i was reduced to a haris again and lost the hakim, but i killed everything over 20 points and put him in loss. 6 orders arent much, but enough to bum rush the objectives last minute with my haris. Also, fat1 on mk12 and rifles was very useful.

9. Zakalwe

Zakalwe Bomber Harris, Do It Again!

Evil blood sucking creature that preys on the weak and helpless, destroying the lives of honest townspeople and countryfolk? If there's no helmet-less model that looks exactly like this I'm going to be disappointed.
    upload_2019-3-14_16-32-43.png

10. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

It’s probably wayyy too early to tell since we don’t even have full details of the sectorial yet, and I am not coming from a complaining angle since I really am appreciative of all the new options we have, but could the biggest reason for taking RTF over vanilla mostly boil down to “Do I want to play Tarik in a link?”

The context is Tunguska, where you don’t really need to play Tunguska but yet still have very efficient play with Tunguska units in vanilla nomads.

What do you think?

11. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

For me it is more like "Do I want to charge my enemies with a full Flamethrower link" lol.
    Sillyness aside, "Vanilla Ramah" would be a nice theme to play, with Kums and Ghazis supporting our mobile troops and MSV2 profiles.

oldGregg likes this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

This is a problem I also have with them. I won't make any strong statements before I see models proper, but I'm prepared to proxy them.
    Although given nuances of our local meta, when it comes to models people will probably joke more about their lack of fur rather than about nomad-like look.

Janissaires already have pretty grim background, probably one of the darkest pages in hypothetical Haqqislam lorebook. Here's what we know about them:

"All Janissaries forgo Cubes: at the start of their training they are surgically outfitted with a temporary inhibitor that precludes any memory/personality recording."

I'm afraid that Hortlaks are those with whom this indoctrination technique went horribly wrong, making state of their mind irreversible or something. Definitely fits "walking dead" references.

On Tarik as gunfighter: I have a feeling that while obnoxious, he may end up being surpassed by Mukhtar RF against wide variety of targets. People talk a lot about that crit on 1, but unless you are outmatched in modifier stacking game, that Fat2 is basically another successful die that, granted, also ignores saving throw... So, +1-2 BS, give or take? At the same time, we have Mukhtar that has situational +3/+6 against visual mod units that get more and more popular these days, and also imposes -3 visual mod himself. I keep insisting that aside from devaluing ARM a bit more, Fat2's alluded power is mostly psychological, although math-y folks here are free to prove me wrong.

Where Fat2 really matters somehow is reactive turn with potential B2 because you don't have much control over situation in reactive turn, so you will definitely be out-stacked. But then again, using 6-4 superjump in advance may still be a better way to survive reactive turn, depending on table.

Also, thanks to everyone for explaining new unit names, I find references often hidden there by CB rather interesting.

oldGregg and Ariwch like this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Mukhtar and Hortlak are the guys for me.

Do we know the special linkable rules for Hortlak Jannissaries at all?

14. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Not yet, I believe they'll be linkable with other jannissaries, maybe wildcard? I really hope ;).
    Personally I love this new sectorial army, my wallet cries xD, too many cool releases.

15. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

*Best Brian Blessed voice*
    HAWKMEN, DIIIIIVE!

16. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Just working out what I need to buy in prep for Ramah, the Janissaries box are N3 sculpts aren't they? I assume they are as they suffer from Tinbot syndrome.

17. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

They are, yeah. I think the separate HMG model is a fair bit smaller than the 3 in the box.

oldGregg, Barrogh and Skjarr like this.
  18. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Indeed. But on the other hand, you'll probably be fine with just a box and a blister, unlike QK players who need more to build a Core regardless of whether they use 2 Hafzas or not.

...of course, these days QK players can also stuff Odalisques there, as if CB decided to alleviate that problem.

19. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

It's also another succesful die that beats (or matches) any success the enemy might've made - and one that gives a multiplier to any die you roll. In full link Tarik beats a mod-stacking (TO+Suppressive+cover) beast that is Swiss Guard (39% to wound, 10% to Unc, 30% to get a wound instead)! That's with hitting on 7 vs enemy hitting on 12! For comparison, Tarik without Fat2 goes 25% chance to wound, 39% to catch a bullet vs Swiss.

Sure, in that situation (well in Haris, in his case) Mukhtar would have less chance of failure, but also less chance to succeed (37% chance to wound, 9% to Unc, 20% to be wounded), and that's with MSV skeving the balance in his favor. And against a target with no visibility mods, Tarik just goes into "win harder" category - vs Aquila guard in same situation he gets 56% to wound, with Mukhtar hitting pretty much the same as vs Swiss (well, he would actually fare worse due to MSV on Aquila, but I forgot to figure that mod into my calculations, oops).

#579 Gunmage, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    LaughinGod likes this.
  20. Bort

Bort Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Wanna Get Off!

So what are people planning on using as proxies until the new models arrive? Especially for the new Janissaries, as we don’t have too many n3 smgs. The main one that sticks out in my head is the new spitfire Odalisque will be my Namurr when I use her. I’ve seen people calling her a super Odalisque already anyway lol

Edit: just noticed there’s already a thread about this lol.

#580 Bort, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation