1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2019 Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Vanderbane, Sep 27, 2018.

?

Is this right?

1. Yeah, sounds like where we are headed

28 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Jeez, I hope not.

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. This has no bearing on reality.

39 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Between an extra base wound, the ability to shrug off one order of shots and a single use repair. Repairability is not the issue the Gorgos faces. At least not in my experience.

ChoTimberwolf and meikyoushisui like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Then he takes another rocket to the face, and there is no more Gorgos... (seen that happen to Raichos, and lots of other TAGs, however XD)

3. D6Damager

D6Damager Well-Known Member

I don't understand or like the direction they are taking. "Making room" is just not good enough a reason. Especially since Spiral is only 'making room' to add mercenaries to Tohaa.

They are discontinuing practically the whole line and then going forward Tohaa will be bulked out with mercenaries. If I wanted to play with mercs, I would have picked a merc faction of which there are already plenty. This also means no more support or updates for those discontinued figures that you can still play and will eventually fall off due to power creep.

Out of the new profiles, only two look actually interesting enough to use vs. something in the old line.

I feel double screwed right now as the other faction I play is QK and they are getting the same treatment with getting some new fireteams as a consolation prize for their SKU cancellations.

xagroth and Ben Kenobi like this.
  4. TheRedZealot

Warcor

Your actual odds against an individual HRL or LRL aren't all that bad because the Gorgos has a chance to win or tie any gunfight he takes. The real problem comes from HFT taking that automatic hit jumps your odds of losing substantially. Each HFT shot is like a 20% Chance to lose the gorgos entirely.

@D6Damager

Remember that CB is a company and making money is a priority. If a product isn't selling, maintaining the models, stock and distribution chain for it does cost money. CB can't just infinitely increase their number of SKUs.

5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yes, it is:
    - The extra wound is with a weakened profile, just another Spitfire-equipped LI; it's not an "extra wound", is a completly different profile.
    - If you loose Symbiont Armour (be it because you suffered a single fire hit or because you wanted to get out for a short stroll), you cannot recover it, the TAG is forever gone.
    - The one-shot repair is not warranteed, if you fail you cannot try again. And if you loose Symbiont Armour (see above) yo cannot even try it because you also loose the Symbiobomb.

The standard TAG can be repaired at any point, several times if needed. And usually the Pilot can get out, do its things, and then get in again.

xagroth likes this.
  6. TheRedZealot

Warcor

You're comparing the Gorgos to a Piloted TAG. It is an Operator TAG. As an Operator TAG it brings an extra Wound, the chance to get mates/bombs, a partner in crime and heavier Armour than the other two Operator TAGs. It does lose out on the Ejection Device but it gets to shed its armour in emergencies instead which feels like a fair trade to me.

More anecdotally the games where I've lost my Gorgos are generally not games where I would be looking to try and fix it up anyway if it was piloted.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation