1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rescue Mission with Steel Phalanx

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Tony2805, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm playing in an ITS league and have a game tomorrow Mission is Rescue, I never played this one before and would like to have some tips about which units to use. Thought about infiltrating Thrasymedes and some fast drones and Scylla.

Thx in advance for your thoughts

2. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

In short:
    Achilles v1 has Multiterrain. He is fast and tough enough to move the civilians across the table.
    Scylla looks pretty ace for this mission!
    Infiltration is risky. I would rather have an Ekdromos (CR or AHD) land in the dead zone and do this job.
    Our REMs are fast but rather fragile. Chances are pretty high your opponent will throw a welcome party for you...
    Don't leave our TR drones at home. ARO pieces are a must in order to prevent your opponent from getting their civilians evacuated. Thorakitai with 360 visor and SMG in Supressive Fire are not easy to dislodge.

Golem2God, DukeofEarl and Stiopa like this.
  3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Heh, I was running a training game just yesterday, with the mission being Rescue and one of the players using the Phalanx. I was thinking what I'd do in this situation.
    • Infiltration won't do much because of the exclusion zone. I'd also recommend an Ekdromos - or two - to enter through table edges.
    • Remotes would be fine but as attack/roadblock pieces, as they won't be able to synchronize civilians.
    • Scylla pushed into the middle might make it very hard for enemy hackers to operate, but it's also possible to use Drakios as an alpha striker, deal with MSV AROs, and put him into SF somewhere in the middle.
    My first attempt looks like this:

Steel Phalanx
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    EKDROMOS Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Chain Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 26)
    MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 31)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    THRASYMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    THORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    THORAKITES Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    THORAKITES (360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    EKDROMOS Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 28)
    ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    NETROD Electric Pulse. (0 | 4)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

4. Tony2805

Thx for your advice! I made a list using Ekdromoi, Thorakitai, small Machaon Myrmidion link etc. Will report how it went.

Stiopa and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  5. Káosz Brigodéros

Something like this?
    Rescue

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    EKDROMOS Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Chain Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 26)
    THRASYMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    EUDOROS Lieutenant Mk12, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 40)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    EKDROMOS Chain Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 20)
    ALKÊ Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 25)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    Ups, no Machaon in my list...
    I'm pretty curious what your list looks like. Would you share it after the game?

Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  6. Tony2805

Canceled the game for today due to stormy weather conditions. We will have our match at a later date.

Thx for your insights and list ideas

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Tony2805

Hi, I played the mission last Saturday. I lost 8:2 :slightly_frowning_face:the list was good, the plan too but I really had bad luck with my dice (time for new ones I think). My opponent played the Shock Army of Acontecimento. The Montesa Knight drove through a Hailstorm of HMG bullets from my TR bot unwounded. Fired about 16 times on him:rage:but was not able to wound him, most shots went astray and the few which hit were saved:-1:. And this bad luck was with me the whole game.

Golem2God and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  8. Káosz Brigodéros

That really sounds awkward... Let's hope, you will not be that unlucky next time!
    Would you please post the list you used? Curiosity killed the curious man, you know.

9. Tony2805

Rescue 3

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    EKDROMOS Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 28)
    THORAKITES Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    THORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 31)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Káosz Brigodéros and Golem2God like this.
  10. Tony2805

This was the list I played

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation