1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Positive Tohaa Conspiracy Theory for 2019

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Mar 12, 2019.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Spiral Corps was created with the mission of hunting down the Shasvastii, so really what kind of sense does a Tohaa/Shasvastii box make?

DukeofEarl likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Sure, just like in the case of MRRF, eh? Models aren't available locally because of the prolonged lack of support / releases, the TwoHaa drops in 4-6 weeks, are you sure you can still order these SKUs from CB? I've made a quick purchase in a local store and was very lucky, but few other people will be.

Where is the certainty about resculpts coming from? We know CB will not touch MRRF for years, Caledonians are also frozen "as is". It very much seem vanilla Tohaa is in the same bag, now there will be new Spiral profiles and models for them, even though there are many missing variants of old sculpts (listed below your post).

3. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

So the complaints have shifted from "No models for over a year...I want to buy new stuff" to "I don't have all of the models yet and they will be going away!" Lamenting the loss of something you've had the ability to buy but didn't and now maybe won't be able to is strange to me. CB has been releasing armies at a hefty clip recently. I don't think there is any problem with being optimistic in the thread about _optimism_ .

4. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I for one welcome our new TwoHaa overlords :joy:

5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Well if the box is set before/during the gate falling and the forming of the Corps is a reaction to that afterwards it could fit.

nehemiah likes this.
  6. SirTycho

SirTycho Well-Known Member

But they even stop producing and providing a Tohaa Starter. With this, CB is nearly deleting the faction from the awareness of new players. I don't think that this will end up in resculpts...

But you're right:
    Sorry for all that negative spirit. I really like most of the new sculpts.
    But will i really trust CB in buying the new "experimental" stuff again, after never having my first faction incompleted? (Codename Taquel)

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  7. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

As a new player, my awareness of Tohaa (and my willingness to buy them) has a only grown with today’s news.

Thank you for your concern for us noobs, but your concern is misplaced on my behalf.

8. nehemiah

I was being sarcastic about my skepticism about the battle box containing those two. It makes perfect sense, and means CB can cover both the factions that currently do not have a split box without having to double up on any of the other factions.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  9. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

Don't let the white knights and fanbois bully you into silence. If you're dissatisfied, speak up!

ev0k likes this.
  10. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Or that's what Tohaa say. Too bad they are Triumvirate members...

ev0k and nehemiah like this.
  11. nehemiah

Hey, they will have to do it from time to time just to keep up appearances.

12. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

ATM the overall SKU is reduced of the cost of the Tohaa. We had never a problem with the targeted SKU per faction for them. The store counts atm 29 SKU for Tohaa, who will be reduced to 15 with the new Box. If we get a new release every two month like bevor the sabbatical 1 1/2 year, we will be at 19 at the end of the year.
    We will see what will happen.

Abrilete likes this.
  13. DukeofEarl

There are a couple of threads doing just that. This one was trying to look at the positives and he politely stepped away for that reason.

14. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Optimistic that the 2 player box will be a vanilla tohaa starter or a different tohaa sectoral force. Tohaa Vs sygma or something could be interesting

15. DukeofEarl

If we get a Shas starter before then that could be a possibility. Sygmaa being sent into Paradiso by the EI specifically to tempt marooned Tohaa over?

csjarrat likes this.
  16. Death

Death Well-Known Member

More like to exterminate them. Sygmaa is highly motivated to eliminate the armed forces of a government they view as tyrannical.

That said, I doubt we shall get that. I'm expecting a Tohaa (spiral corps) vs Shas box set.

#36 Death, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    DukeofEarl likes this.
  17. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

Everything will be fine.

I don’t understand why they discontinue some new miniatures like Sukeuls(I hope they do repack that girls. :) ) but still, I believe they will makes some resculpt for Tohaa. As you know, discontined miniatures mostly old sculpts. Like Tohaa Starter Pack. Damn old.

Am I too naive? XD I don’t know.

18. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Not sure where my complaints "shifted" as I never said a thing about Tohaa before. You've just set up a classic strawman and started bashing on it. Calling a legitimate complaint "lamenting" and trying to cast me as an overtly emotional, unreasonable whiner is also another golden classic. You don't come across as someone replying in good faith, you know?

The main point is that up unti l today I was able to delay any Tohaa purchases indefinitely. Today's news have forced me to buy all the sculpts I liked on the chopping block, because they are literally evaporating as we watch - even though I haven't managed to do any sort of reasonable research into how they played until now and though we have no idea of the changes to profiles and synergies coming in two weeks in the next large Army update.

If that's not something to complain about...

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Erolag

Erolag Member

Hi all!
    First of all I’m happy to see new army box of Tohaa. At least it contains 2 must have profiles. And 10(11) awesome models. So I’m happy with it!

Second, I think that we will gain new force in new box set and that would be Triumvirate can Shavasti. That would be like time to reveal triumvirate themselves to save Tohaa from the Shavasti and CA and they have to do this. So Tohaa would take new box and some new profiles. After this in N3 most of the Tohaas die at the big war with CA/or Daedalus Gate closed for foreign and we would have some rebalance of the faction with Ava, cost, weapons.

So be optimistic!

20. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

They discontinued the whole Tohaa faction, except for the ones that will be in Spiral corps. Sukeul, Sakiel, Makaul won't be there, which sucks, because these were top tier Tohaa troops.
    If CB just wanted to reduce SKU, they could start packing stuff together, most of the troops were single blisters, at least they started this with some. There (were) still Sukeul, Kosuil, Kotail, Gao tarsos, there are some sculpts, where one is in the starter, another comes in a separate blister like Ectros, Sakiel, Clipsos.
    It's odd call this year of the Tohaa, then squash the Tohaa, but whatever, CB has odd squashing policies (like all the Nomads are still active, but nobody cares about nomads, Steel Phalanx is entirely of old sculpts and pretty complete sectorial, NCA is mostly old and complete, Scotts are just old, MO is a failure again).

SirTycho, Abrilete and Ben Kenobi like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation