1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backwater (or not so much) faction's colours inspiration

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Jaaqob44, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Jaaqob44

Jaaqob44 Member

Greetings everyone

I'm currently working on some caledonian grunts, and I've run out of ideas how to manage scheme, that I've started already. If somebody has an idea, how should I paint the rest of the armor to make it work well with fatigues camo I would be most grateful for any clues.

Attached Files:

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Well, the US Marines went with basic Coyote tan for all their organizational gear (armor, web pouches, etc).

The Brits went with a version of Multicam for their organizational gear, with more-brown camo for deserts and more-green camo for Europe. Edit: Their organizational gear uses the standard Multicam colors, their uniforms are either more-green or more-brown. This is probably the best option for any military to pursue.

Pretty sure the US Navy is stuck with black for their organizational gear.

#2 Section9, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  3. Jashyr

Jashyr Well-Known Member

I agree that tan and khaki would go well. That warm grey you've got on the camo would go better with those the realistic style you've got going than if you veered into colder colours.

And nice work on that camo pattern. Looks great.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Jaaqob44

Jaaqob44 Member

My overall wish is to merge the realistic style with some typical SCI-FI accents. Kinda like those near-future artworks of diffrent mechs and cybersoldiers flowing on the internet (High-tech Caledonia hell yeah). Tan and khaki are really tempting, also beacause I'm working only with a basic set of colours and those are easily achievable through mixing other types of paint. But I'm afraid that I will get a bunch of wannabe MARSOC kinda looking guys, which is not really the aim here (with all respect to MARSOC ofc).
    Also big thanks for your responses and kind words. It is very encouraging.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation