1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International Women's Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by mameluke, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Just a rip off of A New Hope...
    To me, there were too many unanswered questions, all other movies in the saga can work as stand alone.
    I was totally uninterested in characters: comic relief Finn, who can't kill civilians, but kills his fellow FO troopers, MaRey Sue, whiny Kylo. Character of Han and victory of the OT were also ruined. So JJ is as much to blame as Rian.
    To me it is not that visible I am more annoyed with other things: such as tactical rocks, blackjack pointing his gun to the ground, to each his own.

Zewrath likes this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

No of course, and sexuality is not relevant in war. But as many people are fond of saying, its not just a wargame, it's a wargame drawing on certain cyberpunk and anime/manga aesthetics and stories, and in the source material sexuality, sex and on are very relevant. They're core to the aesthetic and narrative style, the sensual sexual world of a future liberated from conservative ideas about human intimacy.

As for the discussion going to shit, take it up with the guy who insinuates I'm a rapist for being a feminist lefty. I'm certainly not going to bother interacting with that, but if the discussion upsets you then I'd hope to see a bit more outrage over that, you know?

Nemo No Name likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I didn't see Finn as comic relief, nor do I have a problem with him not wanting to shoot non-resisting civilians while having no trouble shooting people who did shoot non-resisting civilians. My dad didn't believe me when I told him that there was a Storm Trooper who took his helmet off in the trailer.

I commented about Rey, and totally agree about Kylo being whiny. Kylo takes after his Grandfather, after all! :smiling_imp:

I rather liked the change in Han's character. Enough that if I ever get the chance to meet Harrison Ford, I'd like to thank him for restoring my faith in the magic of Star Wars.

Yeah, tactical rocks bother me, too, but as for pointing a gun at the ground goes I'm used to 'circle of safety' rules. This gets me in trouble at 3-gun competitive matches, where they don't use circle of safety but a 180 rule, and will throw you out of the match for breaking it ONCE.

================
    @Solar , to be honest I quit reading most of those responses because of their tone. A lot of yours, too, for the same reason. In all honesty, we probably should be reporting those.

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

You do realize that what you're describing is known as 'tabula rasa'? It's about as anti-science as conservative christians believing in intellegent design, or creationism. There's literally no clinical psychiatrist nor biologists with peer reviewed papers that supports this point of view. Please know that when you put air-quotes on "science", you sound like a religious person saying "darwinism", just saying.

The only persons who supports this view are people with a gender studies degree, which is about as science as a shaman is a doctor.

Denmark and Sweden are the top countries of the world when it comes to equality between genders, yet 88% of nurses are women, over 90% of caretakers of eldars are women, nearly 90% of carpenters/steelfixers are men, it's almost like when men and women are left to their own choices, they gravitate to their own natural inclinations. I mean, for crying out loud, there are kindergartens in Sweden with freaks like this guy, yet the boys and girls are still mostly playing with "traditional" toys.
    Stop denying abject biological reality.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, I'd take that up with your peers. For some reason sexual predators amongst progressive leftists are an epidemic.

6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that my responses were in line with calling someone a rapist then? Incidentally I did report them, I expect a "please be nice to each other" response.

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

That's fine that you can do that, but you're a nobody. SJW's in power are not acting the same as you:
    https://www.theguardian.com/educati...-lgbt-lessons-after-parent-protests?CMP=fb_gu

This is just the most recent example I can think of, but this is LGBT teachers and enviroments being shut down after muslim parents complained about homosexuals teaching about their "immoral ways", so yes this is about LGBT rights being suppressed because it's "against muslim culture" and calling them intolerant bigots would be branded as racism.

There are tonnes of examples with this.

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I didn't read that as referring to you specifically as a rapist, but in all honesty calling someone a rapist unless you are filing the police report is so far beyond the pale that I'd actually take someone to court for slander/libel over it.

We shoot people for being actual rapists where I live. Calling someone a rapist is basically saying that they no longer deserve human rights. So unless it is meant as an actual police report, calling someone a rapist in a debate is nothing more than an attempt to discredit the speaker and stop any debate on the subject in question. Major foul in debating, called an ad-hominem attack, it basically means that the person calling someone a rapist has lost the debate (even moreso than someone invoking Godwin's Law).

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yeah, absolutely, and saying "the women you know should be careful around you" is a heinous fucking insult around here too.

Karmano and Benkei like this.
  10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Solar
    I'm mostly suggesting you should take a reality check. Denying biology, science and misconstruing grass root movements as pure misoginist campaigns, which is objectively false, is a sad cage to be trapped in.

11. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I'm amazed with the behaviour on this thread. No more insulting other people on this forum. Stop this way of posting, please.

Zewrath & Solar take a rest of posting here for a few days. I expect better behaviour from you.

This is not the place to discuss that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation