1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Box, guys. Cool.

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by LoganGarnett, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

Where was that said? We (warcors) are asking Koni about that matter, if every new unit is gonna be in tohaa or not, and he is saying that we need to wait until the next week.

Grathak likes this.
  2. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Someone linked this on FB, Bostria says in the video (starts talking from 14:56, link also had the time reference, it's just gone now), that Spiral Coprs were an unimpressive Merc company, that were bought by the Tohaa, to provide security measures against Shasvastii impersonators, but is actually a front for the Trumvirate.

So my guess, this will be an NA2 Tohaa sectorial for the "bad guys" Tohaa.

and this pic is a dude with biometric visor shooting some impersonating frogdude in the face.

Abydog, coleslaw and Abrilete like this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

If I had to guess, smart money says probably most/all units but not most/all profiles. Like how Aleph can use Shukra consultants and Ariadna can use Streloks, but OSS and TAK have unique profile for those models like the Shukra strategos lieutenant and Strelok minelayer.

coleslaw and Abrilete like this.
  4. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

So far I really like the idea behind the Spiral Corps. Buying a human Merc company and having the Tohaa take it over to provide anti-Shasvastii security sounds interesting. This is the type of Tohaa story I have been itching for, and I want more.

On the other hand, I don't like what having the Tohaa wormhole closing means for future releases. As a plot I find it interesting, but as a consumer I fear that this gives them an excuse to rarely add new Tohaa units in the future.

Berjiz, ChoTimberwolf, Abydog and 4 others like this.
  5. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

He is coming out from some sort of marker state for sure. In my opinion impersonator

Abydog likes this.
  6. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

We are getting an Equipment that grants The User The bonuses of 5 man linkteams if the User is in a Triad!

Barrogh, Abydog and RobertShepherd like this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

So now Sukeul can shoot like a Vet Kazak/Kamau!

That looks like TO camo to me. If it were impersonation, the artist maybe have added a way to display the impersonated form. Now we only see a a shiny hexa grid. E.g in Pano, hexa is all over the place for TO troops.

Big Tohaa release just got leaked, please don't start again the "Tohaa doesn't get anything" train.

WiT? and Abydog like this.
  8. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If
    If the sukeul will get it

Ariwch likes this.
  9. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

I think you should fear what Daedalus' collapse could mean for the immediate state of the faction in a few days instead.
    Just allow me to remember Bostria had promised an incident that would make Uprising to look small. Why do you think Koni is avoiding to answer about the availability of the new units in Tohaa? We will find next week, but seriously, I don't think the wormhole closing will just end up being the scenario to feature the Spiral Corps and that's it. I would expect some drawbacks. Getting an Impersonator unit with symbiont armor? a device that gives a triad the bonuses of a full men fireteam? Those are things a designer would never add to the Tohaa army in its current state for the sake of balance. So if Tohaa are getting them I would expect some important BUTs.

ChoTimberwolf, Abydog, Modock and 4 others like this.
  10. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I concur with @Janzerker . What we already know is that Tohaa the faction is, in the immediate term at least, closed off from the human sphere. It may mean that for now only the Spiral is in the HS, and Tohaa is represented by them alone. When the JSA shake up happened, the old JSectorialA went away. So we tohaa get refocused into a new minor power led by the triumvirate in the HS.

Of course, I have been floating this pet theory since September and should probably be ignored.

csjarrat likes this.
  11. RobertShepherd

Based on the news we have, there are presently two Tohaa forces at large in human space; Spiral Corps and the regular army / errant fleet presence deployed on Paradiso and at the Daedelus gate prior to its closing (and also, dicking around in the sphere a whole bunch). Previously these forces were acting on instruction from Tohaa space but now will be looking to their own future.

They could move regular Tohaa to NA2 without actually changing the rules at all since it doesn't have any sectorials presently, or else do whatever they like.

Narratively I'm very interested to see how being cut off from home impacts the non-triumvirate Tohaa in human space. Lots to explore there in terms of story.

Cothel likes this.
  12. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

What I'd like to know is if the gate gets closed (so completely cut off) or just falls under CA's control (so no communication or travel until Tohaa/Humanity break through).

Also, does somebody know if the are more gates connecting the Human Sphere with Tohaa controlled Systems?

Cothel likes this.
  13. RobertShepherd

I'd have to check to be sure but I believe the Daedelus gate was the only connection to Tohaa space, and the artwork last week said the gate had 'collapsed'.

coleslaw and Abrilete like this.
  14. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Thanks, let's hope they don't decide to kill all of our Sukeul (or something like that) to rebalance the Faction. You know, just like the Raiden and the Haramaki dissapeared to free up space for The Ryuuken and the Tanko.

borings likes this.
  15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Imo the "Sukeul is the best Tohaa shooter because it has Mimetism" is really annoying. But also the game feature "if you want to shoot good get CH or ODD" is also annoying.

Barrogh and Abrilete like this.
  16. Engorn

Warcor

I'm not sure that the collapse of the blockade must imply that the Tohaa Trident will "disappear" from Paradiso and the rest of the Human Sphere. I mean, there are already a bunch of tohaa on this side of the wormhole. OK, they will be fucked-up without reinforcements, but tohaa are resilient and that's enough to say "well, the tohaa you people are playing are the few tohaa remaining in the Human Sphere. No need to bann the from the game".

The sukeul isn't tohaa's best shooter just because it has mimetism. It is its mimetism, its BS 13, the weaponry options and low-cost what makes it so good.

ChoTimberwolf, Abrilete and Bellyflop like this.
  17. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised to see some AVA fall in 'vanilla' tohaa. Though if CB did decide to reduce the AVA of tohaa units to represent lack of reinforcements it would be unlikely to affect game balance much, the availability of some (mostly the initial units when tohaa had ~10 playable units) tohaa units is high for comparative units in other vanilla factions.

Sakiel 6 bolt 3 yadu 2 (admit these are dodgy comparisons as sakiel are pretty unique)
    Makaul 6 shaolin 4 dakurazi 4
    Clipsos 3 croc man 2 ninja 2
    Gao rael 4 bao trooper 2 yaogat 2
    Kotail 4 kanren 1 knight of the holy sepulchre 1

Few lists Ive ever played would be invalidated by reducing the above AVAs to comparable vanilla levels. Maybe thats a case for leaving it alone.

Abrilete and WarHound like this.
  18. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Shooting Tohaa are pretty bland. They can either be in a Triad, or not, have BS 12 or 13, Have HMG, Spitfire, Viral combi, that counts as proper guns (and the general oddities of course like Missile launcher, Light rocket launcher, Sniper or K1 combi or whatever), and that's it.

Sakiel is BS12 with Spitfire/Viral combi, Gao rael is BS12 with Spitfire and MSV2, Ectros is BS13 with HMG or viral combi (and extra W), Sukeul is BS13 with Mimetism and HMG, K1 combi. These come with an extra Burst for Triad, and we all know Burst is king (But full core bonus is more king than just regular +1Burst). Then there are a bunch of BS12 dudes, outside a Triad, with no BS mods (minus the Mimetism on Nikoul). There's not much variation here.

All the Tohaa troopers are cheap, have some selection of the above weaponry (which pretty much everyone has, except for Viral and K1), but they lack Mimetism. Sukeul also has Stealth, Veteran, Courage, which are all nice. +1BS doesn't make a meaningful difference, Mimetism +1BS does.

TL;DR, I still think that mimetism and highest BS (ignoring Gorgos) is the thing that makes Sukeul the best shooter in Tohaa.

WiT?, ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  19. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Watch the video again, notice none of the exulted units (all the non tohaa aliens) are shown with "new units for tohaa" on the screen, that is not accidental/

20. Engorn

Warcor

I'm gonna take the risk and say you are wrong...

[​IMG]
    Anyway, I don think that that text is pointing only the units that will be on vanilla tohaa. The text is shown only the needed time to be read.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation