1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Onyx

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Rift, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Rift

Rift Member

Righto, new player and all...

here's my try at 300pnt Onyx list.... any advice or critique welcome...

[​IMG] Onyx 12
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SPHINX Spitfire, 2 Heavy Flamethrowers / EXP CCW. (2 | 106)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SCINDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    [​IMG] NEXUS Lieutenant (Nanoscreen) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON Plasma Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] UMBRA LEGATE Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

2. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Not bad, if you move well the Sphinx.
    Maybe the only to problems i see are that you will depend a lot of the Umbra to get objectives and if you lose too much unidrons Sphinx will be usless, i recommend you to try the med-tech to repair Unidrons.

Also being your main attack model try to recamo the Sphinx with the last order and if you can guard it in your deploy zone.

Rift likes this.
  3. sanyv

sanyv Active Member

I like it ! That's very close to something I would do.
    As @krossaks said, keep your Sphinx safe. He is mobile enough to let you bring him back at the end of your turn. Your lieutenant is obvious to those who face Onyx regularly, so be careful with him too.
    My only concern is your group 2. The Imetron can't switch groups (it's not a troop), so as soon as you'll have a loss in group 1, the Unidron will go back to group 1, and the Imetron will stay there, alone and useless.
    Maybe put it all in group 1 like that ? It will make you immune to the usual -2 orders.

[​IMG] Onyx 12
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SPHINX Spitfire, 2 Heavy Flamethrowers / EXP CCW. (2 | 106)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SCINDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    [​IMG] NEXUS Lieutenant (Nanoscreen) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON Plasma Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] UMBRA LEGATE Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

krossaks, Rift and reaper1714 like this.
  4. Rift

Rift Member

looks good, I'll give the 1 group a try.

Tried 10 order game with an Anathematic, was a bit concerned about cheerleaders dying figured id up the stakes with a sphinx, and a second group the can purely go for objective running.

5. reaper1714

reaper1714 Annoying genocidal machine

I don't have much experience with onyx but I personally don't like the Sphinx... (I can hear @krossaks screaming "Heresy!" right now :tonguewink:) too much eggs in a single basket...
    Besides what @sanyv wisely mentioned (having 12 regular orders is usully sub-optimal) I would switch the sphinx for a xeodron, and with the remaining points buy yourself an EVO hacker to buf the remotes a bit... then the legate can accomplish other tasks (ie: get to the objectives). You can also consider replacing him for a malignos (AH, FO, Sniper...).

6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Where I play, we have a saying when anyone asks whether a list is good or not:

"It depends. What are you going to do with it?"

So keep that question in mind when you build your lists, what is your intention for them? What mission are you going to play? Now that is out of the way, here are some humble opinions:

Think about swapping the nexus lt with spitfire for a nexus lt hacker. It can hang out of the link, buffing it through the roof, and even abuse the lt order for it as he can be very easily hidden prone, on top of a roof or any other safe place in the table.

also, consider leaving Btit&KISS and that nexus LT on group 2 to bugger around until someone dies on group one. The Imetron cannot be swapped from one group to the next, so putting it on group 2 is more or less pointless.

Consider these things when building your lists, you might have some fun

sanyv and reaper1714 like this.
  7. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Damm alien with Nomad mind, the Sphinx is god, an ugly, mechanic and invisible god but a god anyways. Next time we meet i will teach you:smilingimp:

sanyv likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation