1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of DBS and storytelling?

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Greg, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

Dahshat units fit Druze fluff to potentially get some unit overlap? Bourak based, doesn't follow haqqislamite ideals, mercs. If DBS is gonna get any expansion I think this is the best bet for the foreseeable future
    [​IMG]

McNamara and Greg like this.
  2. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I don’t really imagine a DBS expansion, unless it’s additional profiles for an existing unit, which I’m fine with I guess.

I think that’s a big part of building a solid Druze list, in general. The inclusion of the ahd to a more flexible core, can really strengthen your ability to control the table. It brings all the good ahd tricks for cheap, while allowing you to build additional core link redundancy and possibly squeeze in another order.

3. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I think dahshak
    I think dahshak will get druze and arslan

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

And I hope they won't. It's enough bloating in Druze in 4 armies already. On the other hand it was guesshoped there can appear merc HI. It would be nice to have such in DBS even if they will be optimal only for LI.

And it is dahshat :P

oldGregg and atomicfryingpan like this.
  5. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I've just read diceAbide batreps from The Best PWN, so bit of necroposting: I think Hunza FO, Pathfinder, Gromoz and Druze KHD are all better of the Brawler AHD, all in their own sense. Too many of superior choices to be "the best profile". Have to give him a shot though.

McNamara likes this.
  6. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I don't disagree.

oldGregg likes this.
  7. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Well, it's worth noting my list had 2 Hunzakut, a Pathfinder, Gromoz, and Druze KHD, I couldn't figure out what to drop for the Brawler AHD this time.

That said, I noticed my hacking game was CONSIDERABLY worse without it in my games where hacking really mattered. Only having the KHD and Gromoz made it a lot easier for enemy KHD to clear out all my hackers in a couple games that weekend. Having the AHD means an enemy KHD is eating 3 AROs, and can't split Redrum/Maestro burst between all of them.

Here are a few reasons the AHD is such a good choice in the link:
    1. AHD can ARO against every type of hackable target, forcing HI/REM/TAGs to Reset, which then triggers all your other hackers.
    2. Keeps Gromoz out of the link to give supportware without activating all the link members.
    3. Inexpensive price makes it more expendable, and cheaper unit filler than anything but a basic Brawler (and Clipper).

Q.A.I., Ariwch and oldGregg like this.
  8. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Can you elaborate on this a bit, not sure I understand what you mean?

9. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

I guess the dude means that when the AHD is the sole hacker in a link, she gets SSL2, and can even target models that have stealth moving through repeater networks. Once the model declares Reset, stealth is broken, revealing them to the rest of your hackers...

10. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Pretty much. Having SSL2 from the link bonus allows the hacker to ignore Stealth. If your only hacker in the link is the Druze KHD, they don't have any hacking programs to declare against a TAG, REM or HI. If you have an AHD in the link, you can declare an ARO against any kind of hackable target. If they declare Reset as their second skill, then they will open themselves up to be hacked by any of your other hackers, since Reset is not a skill covered by Stealth.

Stiopa, Ariwch and oldGregg like this.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Oh, I misunderstood his comment, I thought there was a claim that KHD can then do something.

Yeah, that makes sense!

12. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

Im going to say something controversial: you can live without the Druze KHD.

It's situational and not that cheap. It's slow and usually linked, so it can't take advantage of cybermask or d-charges very often because of it.

I went to several large events last season without one, sweated about it, then I played and never missed having her. Neither of my Rumble lists included her last year.

In a two list event, you probably want one list to have her, but she's not an auto include. She's good, but sometimes the brawler AHD is better and you'll often know prior to deployment once you discover which faction you are facing which is the right choice for the match.

13. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Anyone else kind of surprised no druze in dahshat company? I thought fluff wise they were to gonna be in. Granted it's not a huge loss or anything since I don't think the druze need to be in every single merc thing out there. Speaking of mercs I was also surprised to see the foreign company get the KTS. The kaplans are one of my favorite units so I'm happy to see them in more armies. Something I'd really like to see though is a KTS sectorial like the druze have. Give them some new profiles that only they get, a Kaplan character then fill in with your normal stuff like brawlers/bounty hunters. Something like that could be pretty neat imo.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation