1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video: How to Play Infinity The Game using Intent

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by barakiel, Jan 22, 2018.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

This whole thread, its ridiculous, from the moving goal posts and private messages with the oh so ridiculous super secret handshake inuendo's,

The fact of the matter is the vast majority of the community reads the rules in the same way, if CB has an issue with that way they can release a statement, not an edited and questionable video hosted by an biased third party.

Get out there play the game and if you cant actually have a conversation without it turning into an argument at the table then the community is better off not pandering to that sort of behavior.

Can we now lock this damned thread

Zewrath, Commoner1, Mask and 2 others like this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

It made me laugh. For the record I'm with Hach. Proving one side or another is correct or wrong isn't going to happen. Play the way you want to play with people who want to play the same or find someone who wants to play the way you do. Either way it's pointless arguing it. Any attempt to argue one absolute or the other is farce, and hence a joke.

david_lee likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I can, I am not sure why though? it is a really good demonstration of how PBI is supposed to play and clarified a of of things for me on how people play it.

It definitely made me think a few things I never thought of and clarified assumptions I had.

Beyond that, I think wait for the official clarification is what you should be doing.

4. daboarder

Warcor

Ah, I was referring to the other video, not the one barakiel posted, which is an argument for why intent is important, not a plea to the community that the designers actually meant something else.

If you want a thread for demonstrations about PBI is not your own thread the better one? It certainly does show what the community is referring to in that situation.

As to this thread, well its weeks into this conversation and hte same old posters are having goes about the same old things. When the argument devolves into PMs about the super secret breakfast club you had with designers (unverified of course), well its gone miles beyond actually making the rules work, determining what the community wants or how they interpret those rules and solely about proving that one person or the other is right.

5. psychoticstorm

If somebody wants to upload this video with the extra clarifications and extra conditions not presented in the video but discussed in this thread, like the fact that you can ask in advance of the order if and what LoF will happen if a model moves to a certain place and path and the option to decide not to do it if the conditions tun out to not be favourable, I will be more than happy to see it in that thread.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. daboarder

Warcor

cool ill get onto it in the morning

Andre82 likes this.
  7. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Be careful, mate. Infinity history shows that it doesn't matter who you are, but if you so much as jog the bloody scenery, the crowd will be screaming at you like Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers:

:smile:

Andre82 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well, they've gotta be wrong about that. Micromanaging the position of units, being very precise with LoF, all that is very important in competitive play, and you put yourself at a substantial disadvantage if you don't do it.

the huanglong likes this.
  9. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

I don't know if this has been asked but is a clarification coming?

10. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

As they should. Changing the scenery can have big impacts on gameplay.

11. psychoticstorm

Yes, I cannot say more about it though.

12. daboarder

Warcor

Can you at least confirm they are aware of the other thread about how people play and what the advantages of that are? Because its important that as much as they clarrify what they want, that they are aware of what the community wants and why they want it.

13. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Only an unknown portion of the community is in agreement, on either side, regardless of how vocal they might be. I’d imagine CB will trust their own best judgement. It’s served them very well in the past.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  14. daboarder

Warcor

Lol no its undoubtedly the majority by far. Every time this is asked the answer is the same.

Want to ask how and why prople play that way for a 3rd time? Or go to the facebook threads?

Intent is both what people play across the majority of the community and how they want to.

You can argue that might not be what CB wanted but theres no arguing its what the community wants

15. A Mão Esquerda

It’s what a very... “vocal” portion of the community wants, but that’s all. After all, some people might not wish to air their opinion publicly, considering the enthusiasm some folks comment with, but rather to either 1) maintain silence or 2) communicate their preference through a different channel. I know that’s what I would do were I not already in it. So, again, you have a rather vocal and small number commenting enthusiastically on either side, and a greater number holding fire. And, again, I believe CB will trust their own judgement, rather than be swayed by small, committed numbers, without regard to how vigorously those small numbers push their opinions.

n21lv, Wolf, Stiopa and 1 other person like this.
  16. daboarder

Warcor

"Vocal" yeah thats why theres significant number of poster sin the poll (80+) and yet only 4-5 of us for each side on here.

That huge number is the silent majority.

If you think PAIL is so important youve been invited to actually try and express that and why, not the rules but hte implications, please do for all of us.

17. A Mão Esquerda

And I have done so on various occasions... and a self selecting poll of ~80 respondents out of 1700+ members here and 6000+ of WGC... so, your contention is that all of them, through their silence, are in agreement with you? And, once again, why would CB be swayed by from their vision by an utterly unscientific poll and the chattering and nattering of a small group of forumites from both sides? I would trust them rather to follow their plan and own course of action.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  18. daboarder

Warcor

How do the metas play......
    I know the answer because ive seen the reactions to this question. Its there if you can be bothered to look and not deny it. Even PAIL players admit their metas usually play intent (stiopa for example)

the huanglong and Hecaton like this.
  19. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Will this be the March announcement that drives us all insane?

20. thatAJguy

thatAJguy Active Member

Uh oh...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation