1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrap Squares (Animations/Conversions/Mercs/Dogs)

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Scrap square, Sep 14, 2018.

1. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

This is a really inspiring thread! With your unique conversions, cool paint scheme and modelling ideas! ( such as the dogs and the drone link leader) You are a really creative fella! Would it be possible to get a group shot of the whole army? :-)

Golem2God and Scrap square like this.
  2. Scrap square

Scrap square angry beta male

Hey I really appreciate the support! I'll try to get one this week with some new additions. I'm constantly adding to the army (I play it as like 4 different factions) but I'll stick to the Druze part.

In the mean time here are some more Wuming/Generic Heavy Infantry conversions I did.
    FO with boarding shotgun, SMG haris with...SMG.

They're still a work in progress, did a lot of sculpting on them. Ammo pouches slings etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found some time to get some paint on them as well.

Here's a RuiShi conversion. Very lazy in my opinion. But I've had some opponents complain about my Rem conversions. So I'm simply using Stock models with minor adjustments despite their terrible design. (We have some weird locals that think the game should LOOK just the way they want it.)

[​IMG]

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Scrap square My dude, were did you get that dog? It looks amazing!

4. Scrap square

I answered it earlier in the thread. But they're originally Mantic Guild hounds that I made casts of and enlarged so they scale a bit better. I also added a ton of gear and straps with green stuff so they look tacticool.

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  5. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Man those Wu Ming conversions are stunning!! And I will second what Zewrath said about the dog! Bad ass! Those models make me wish that there were Druze HI! I loved your Scarface conversion from the Pan O cutter too, this may seem like an odd question, but would you mind if I did something similar? I only ask as I literally would never have considered using a cutter, I always believe in giving artists credit and I don't want to appear as though I am just ripping you off! :-)

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Add body sections to add length? Extra fur to make thicker?

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Scrap square

Whatup. Thanks for the compliments it means a lot, especially the Scarface thing.
    Go for it dude. If someone actually stops you from doing a cool thing to your little soldier dudes they can f off. Whether they're a neckbeard TO or some online weirdo like me. As an artist (Advertising creative director LMAO) I appreciate you asking. Cheers dude.

I took half of a Hyena from Knight games (like, literally just the left side/thigh) and made a cast, cut it in half and added green stuff to the inside to make it thicker to scale with the Jannisaries body. I then made a cast of the Mantic hounds head and spliced it together to increase the width of the skull and glued it on.

Seriously not worth it. Just use the MALIFAUX guild hounds if you can.

#27 Scrap square, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    roobot, Golem2God and oldGregg like this.
  8. RomeoWhiskey

RomeoWhiskey Active Member

I guess you mean WYRD Guild Hounds … at least that's what I would recognize them as (I also play Malifaux) … not sure if Mantic even has Guild Hounds (though generally I really enjoy using Mantic stuff for Infinity)

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Scrap square

Said it earlier in the thread too. Good catch.

Played unmasking a bit ago. Damn that's a fun mission.

I'm going to start playing TAK out of my vanilla Ariadna force so here are some older photos of my old Ariadna I brought to Twinfinity 2017.

I promise to go back through and rephotograph everything properly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Scrap square I'm going to buy some Guild Hounds thanks to you. Maybe even the Corrupted Hounds to use as Gakis and Pretas for my Morat force.
    You made an excellent choice in using the Janies as Haqq Wu Ming. This Druze themed Ikari will look great beside your Druze force. Looking forward to seeing the complete masterpiece of both armies together.

Scrap square likes this.
  11. Golem2God

Sorry to hear about the pickiness of some of your opponents. You should buy the stock models for game against them and then craft the conversions you want your force to have. That way you won't hear their complaints and still achieve the artistic desire you want.

jherazob likes this.
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

@Scrap square, why not make a photo id sheet to go with your courtesy list for the players who can't remember what your conversions are, I believe it's been done for converted GW armies at events.

Golem2God, Scrap square and jherazob like this.
  13. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

conversions are 100% supported by CB I'm playing 90% fully converted PanO/nomad army in tournament
    you just have to be clear about who is who and that it !

Golem2God likes this.
  15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Honestly, i wouldn't feel very encouraged to play with them as it's extremely likely that they're That Guys

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

CB officially stated that, and I quote, "Use of converted figures is allowed, and in fact encouraged, as long as most or all the figure is composed of parts from Corvus Belli miniatures and the figure accurately represents the unit and weapon option it stands for."
    As long as the model is say 60% CB & 40% other manufactures' bits then you should be good. Just make sure the weapons are clearly identified as HMGs, Snipers, Rifles, Shotguns, etc...which is possible with other weapons from makers like GW.

I have a rule to the the amount of major body parts used for an Infinity conversion should equal or exceed the other manufactures' parts used.
    For example, main body=CB, head=Dreamforge, legs=CB, arms=Puppetswar, weapon=GW.
    The body and legs are the biggest parts of the model so just keeping those CB will make things a bit easier. If you use another manufacture's body & leg bits then focus on adding CB parts such as weapons & arms to balance it out. Plus don't use too many high-tech parts for low-tech factions (an Ariadnan conversion) as it could look out of place unless done correctly. Just keep the 60/40 golden rule in mind and you should have no problems.
    If you want to use a non-CB model or conversion consisting mostly of non-CB parts then go ahead. The conversion rule mainly applies for official CB event and matches like Wotan, Flamia, Kurage and perhaps for games that go towards your overall season score/record. But not every game needs to "count" towards your overall standings & rankings. Playing without season constraints can be fun break at times.

#36 Golem2God, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    jherazob likes this.
  17. Scrap square

Hey. We're at two pages! Wow

Here's an over view of all the gaming models I use. As in that actually move and shuffle around. This photo is from a like "Video Showcase" I'm doing mostly so you forum guys can see the models a bit better than my still photography will let me show.

I still have a long way to go on this force before May's Mission Critical Narrative tournament.

Only thing not painted is the guy in the front with the baseball cap. That was my girlfriend(?).

[​IMG]

Some small update on the one Wuming. Going to switch to Scale75 here shortly as everything is turning out too glossy for me. I also need to take more time and sit down and paint. Only giving myself like 30m a week or so.

[​IMG]

I also got featured on the Infinity The Game Instagram which was pretty sweet. I'm Enemyspotted_wargaming on Instagram if you want more updates and music links.

[​IMG]

That's a ton of work but could be fun. I've designed army lists similar to that before.

I dig your stuff. Big inspiration for my original merc army.

Send pictures when you do. They're bad ass models.
    I love Druze.

18. Golem2God

I'll certainly try. Hope to put them to good conversion use.
    I'm working on my own merc force using PanO sectorials. Hope to post WIP pictures of those models on the forum someday.

#38 Golem2God, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Scrap square likes this.
  19. Scrap square

Hey whatup, here's the finished video montage of close ups. It's still a work in progress with the basing/LOS markings and overall quality but here's the best I could do to summarize the army :) let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

20. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Beautiful!
    @Scrap square are those solo dog models different than the others you’ve shown?

Scrap square likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation